Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If anybody were to ask ian the response will be "your going to have to wait and find out"

I dunno he did reveal Sally's redesign at NYCC last year speaking of its on Thrusday I'd live to go but I have school :(

Yeah Ian knows how to keep his trap shut, I sware he has that statement as his desktop background.

Heaven forbid he do his job.

Say did anybody think to ask Bates about whats the sitch with Mighty, Ray, and Nack?

I wouldn't be surprised if they come back. Bean and Bark are still around even post-crossover, and that's considering they're no more relevant to the current games than those three. I am curious if there's going to be any changes to the Chaotix though; will they be close to the same group they've been since they first appeared? Or will it be like in "Worlds Collide" where the main three were detectives and Might and Ray were nowhere to be seen? Much as I hate to say it, we'll just have to wait and find out. Be nice to know if there are plans for them though.

If SEGA let sonic tails cream and Amy to be part of the FF it's possible that knux, mighty and ray are part of the chaotix

Holy crap 700 pages

Edited by Dejimon11

Holy crap 700 pages

Yeah wow, crazy. this has gotta be our biggest topic here at SSMB.

Heaven forbid he do his job.

I was reffering to the fact that he says that soo many times it might as well be his catchphrase. no need to get snitty... 

Uncle Chuck a field commander? Now me like-y dis!

I was reffering to the fact that he says that soo many times it might as well be his catchphrase. no need to get snitty... 

My bad dude. It just sounded like you were annoyed that Flynn has to keep mum on what he's working on. I understand the impatience, but, hey, there's not much we can do but wait. Sorry I snapped at you.

Edited by Zaysho

I'm pumped for the new Shadow series. That new Shadow cover by T. Rex looks awesome.

I know I'm late to the party, but I don't stop by much anymore because I'm busy with so many video games.

I just now decided to read the blurb for Shadow Fall, I didn't realize that Ian had the rights to use Black Doom finally.....

Edited by SoniManbeast

I'm not sure they're using Black Doom in this since it apparently says they defeated the Black Arms once before. I think they're just using the aliens and not their leader, but who knows?

I dunno he did reveal Sally's redesign at NYCC last year

Yes, but that wasn't just saying things to specific people on the internet, that was a planned reveal to an audience to garner hype.

Be nice to know if there are plans for them though.

The Sonic Grams in #253 confirm that they should appear relatively soon. Wording doesn't lend itself to being a clue though; the person in question was asking about Espio, so it said that "Espio and the rest of the Chaotix" should be looked out for.

I'm not sure they're using Black Doom in this since it apparently says they defeated the Black Arms once before. I think they're just using the aliens and not their leader, but who knows?

Ian has said that there's no Black Doom.

I just now decided to read the blurb for Shadow Fall, I didn't realize that Ian had the rights to use Black Doom finally.....

Dunno what you read, but when I read it it seems to imply that the Black Arms were defeated already and they're wondering who is leading them now, implying that Black Doom was killed off-screen (e.g. in the part of the story that take place during the events of Shadow the Hedgehog).

I think this is gonna be a nice arc, so I'm pretty psyched for it. It DOES make me wonder if Team Dark may regain their abilities as a result of this, though...

if they were to mirror the games 100% with no originality what so ever it would be extremely boring and the book wouldnt last that long

I know this is old, but I disagree. The games have just as much freedom as the comics and allow for some potential for stories especially since Sonic Team rarely reuses plot elements and characters anymore. Honestly, the game world should have a defined world which it doesn't. I think you mean re-telling a game story which would be stupid and pointless.

I know this is old, but I disagree. The games have just as much freedom as the comics and allow for some potential for stories especially since Sonic Team rarely reuses plot elements and characters anymore. Honestly, the game world should have a defined world which it doesn't. I think you mean re-telling a game story which would be stupid and pointless.

It would be one thing to use the game stories but to expand on them massively and add tons of stuff that wasn't in the games to where it is not as predictable. That's the main reason I don't like the idea of game adaptations though is that you already know what is going to happen, so there is no surprise to what you are reading. It just has a slight dullness when you can pretty much predict exactly what is going to happen with little to no wonder at all. That is the same reason as to why I dont like finding out game informaton early. That magical surprise of finding out what is going to happen is there, and the excitement is gone. You get a different feeling playing blind than you do playing informed. Go watch a lets play and you can tell the difference in players playing blind and informed. It is two different experiences.

I think Ian does have the rights to use Black Doom now hes just not going to be used due to the way the story is being set up, were probably going to see him in flash backs.

Edited by goku262002

I actually don't know why they stopped doing game adaptations outside the main book. Let me tell you I am an old reader and there was nothing cooler than having the comic that was named after the game. I'm talking about the 48-page specials or super specials they were called. Of course they started making some really stupid ones like Sonic Kids and the game comics only ever loosely fit the story (Triple Trouble was hella cool though about an emerald breaking in half), but I think Ian is more suited to adapt one than the old Archie staff who didn't even play the games.

Also hey guys, isn't Ian's NYCC panel tonight at 7:30?

Edited by American Ristar

Because the adaptations were terrible. SA1 and SA2 were altered beyond belief, and the latter didn't really get any closure done until SU#2.

The problem with the game adaptations is that they interrupt the story they have planned that's why the SA1 and SA2 adaptations sucked

The problem with the game adaptations is that they interrupt the story they have planned that's why the SA1 and SA2 adaptations sucked

Which is why the only work if you plan them months ahead (if you're lucky enough to learn the of the plot from Sega themselves) or exectue them months afterward when the story is all known