Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It does beg the point would Sega care. As has been mentioned Möbius wasn't used much in the games, even with the US and UK versions working from the Americanized lore.

Only the TV shows used it a lot and the comics in the early days. Now it's not used much at all. And the games never use it. Post Adventure it's quite clear its "Earth" or another version of it. Japan always just referred to it as "Earth" or Sonis's world didn't they?

So what with the combining of the lore to a greater extent towards the Japanese stories. Would Sega care if Penders took Möbius? Probably not. And if Archie has no issue with it then it was probably part of the agreement. Either that or the accented o in Möbius makes it different enough for him to steal and use as his own "original" name.

Just like others have mentions I can't understand why it is that if he is as talented as he try's to make out. Why does he keep using other people's ideas to piggyback the few that are his own?

(with the sole exception of the name Robotnik sticking as Eggman's last name; notably "Ivo" is never once mentioned after this point except in Sonic Chronicles).

IIRC the PS2 Sonic Unleashed manual gave his name as something like "Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik". I could be wrong though.

It was always intended as  the name of the planet by SEGA of America. But in the original Sonic Bible it wasn't mentioned as the planets name. There was a "Sonic the Hedgehog Promotional Comic" (which I clearly explained in my previous post) and that was the first ever mention of Mobius. Later revisions of the Sonic Bible later re-invisioned this, and the Sonic Bible was completely and totally overruled by the Japanese continuity as of Sonic Adventure (with the sole exception of the name Robotnik sticking as Eggman's last name; notably "Ivo" is never once mentioned after this point except in Sonic Chronicles).

I don't see why lecturing me about Sonic Adventure is at all relevant.

The two drafts of the Sonic Bible date earlier than the Sonic the Hedgehog Promotional Comic. Mobius is first mentioned in the first draft after the hilariously awful "Sonny from Nebraska" attempt.

SonicBibleDraft102.png

SonicBibleDraft103.png

I don't see why lecturing me about Sonic Adventure is at all relevant.

The two drafts of the Sonic Bible date earlier than the Sonic the Hedgehog Promotional Comic. Mobius is first mentioned in the first draft after the hilariously awful "Sonny from Nebraska" attempt.

SonicBibleDraft102.png

SonicBibleDraft103.png

p8GUb1U.jpg

Edited by Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

They aren't Anthro's since anthro animals are normally the same height and have similiar traits to humans.

Wrong. Anthro just means possessing sapience and human-like qualities. Lion King characters are anthro. MLP characters are anthro. Balto is anthro. They just aren't as heavily anthrpomorphized as, say, Thundercats characters. :B

Wrong. Anthro just means possessing sapience and human-like qualities. Lion King characters are anthro. MLP characters are anthro. Balto is anthro. They just aren't as heavily anthrpomorphized as, say, Thundercats characters. :B

VEDJ-F already answered it with a simpler answer.

Don't bring MLP into this thread, please...just, DO NOT WANT.

I know you people won't agree with me, but the ones from the lion king and balto and such I dont consider anthro at all. I consider them feral animals since they still look like the proper animals. Feral look exactly like their real life counter parts and anthro's look human. The thungercats would maybe fit that, but like a furry fits anthro status to me honestly. You can agree or disagree, but this is what I qualify them to myself.

I know you people won't agree with me, but the ones from the lion king and balto and such I dont consider anthro at all. I consider them feral animals since they still look like the proper animals. Feral look exactly like their real life counter parts and anthro's look human. The thungercats would maybe fit that, but like a furry fits anthro status to me honestly. You can agree or disagree, but this is what I qualify them to myself.

Actualy, Mega, you are confusing Personification with Antro. Personification is giving any object human-like qualitys, such as speech, emotions, and complicated thoughts. Anthro is when you actualy give a creature full on humanoid shape and features

Anthropomorphism actually covers personification and body build

Then don't use the terminology "anthro" to describe your feelings on the matter. You blatantly disregarding the meaning of the word in your application of it.

There are 2 halves to the word anthro. If your going to ignore one of them for your own reasons, then find another word to express yourself. Don't butcher up the term anthro trying to fit a round peg in a square hole

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Can we just agree that for the purpose of this discussion, "anthropomorphism" refers to a human-like shape? That's literally what the word translates to, after all.

So how bout that countdown to chaos?

Thank you. Just get this back on topic and please stop with trying to trash on my thoughts okay? Back to the recent issue discussion.

Don't bring MLP into this thread, please...just, DO NOT WANT.

I fail to see what's so bad about a casual mention just to emphasize the point. :/ If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's not like I was planning on making this discussion about MLP. But the technical definition of anthropomorphism is more or less the same as personification. I have seen the term applied to people describing their pets with human-like qualities.

But yeah, in the context of Sonic, there's definitely a higher degree of anthropomorphism for Mobians than, say, Flickies. I think the term Mobian is still useful for the comics... but then again, is Mobius even a thing still? They seem to have been avoiding the term a lot lately.
  • Thumbs Up 1

So how bout that countdown to chaos?

Currently? I don't like it very much. It isn't particularly bad, but the continuity reboot left a really bad taste in my mouth. My opinion will probably change once my favorite characters are confirmed to still exist, but until then...

Yeah same the continuity reboot I feel wasn't needed, I'm sure their could have been ways to end the current arcs without this happening but now that its here we have to deal with it.

Yeah, I dont like that they had to do this at all. Knowing that some characters may be gone for good, all because of you know who, archie doing things that may not have been cool, and some of Sega trying to make them all brand familiarity with the games now, it has left a bad taste with me as mentioned. I'm liking the story so far yes. Nothing against the story that is taking place right now because it is good so far, but just that whole scenario isn't something I'm fond that had to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah same the continuity reboot I feel wasn't needed, I'm sure their could have been ways to end the current arcs without this happening but now that its here we have to deal with it.

I'm at least glad they didn't do away with everything to make it a total mirror of the games after losing some of the stuff in the last continuity.

tbh, unless SEGA are to start using some of the Archie characters, I feel the reboot was pointless if it was to make the characters look more Sonic-y.

I just read 253, and I thought it was really cool to see Final Egg. I'm cool with the reboot giving us a world with a lot of the game stuff. Weird that Efrika hasn't become Mazuri, though.

I'm not sure about Rotor's new design. I prefer him with the hairs than this baldish looking version. More like this:

Rotors-back.jpg

Edited by MarcelloF

I just read 253, and I thought it was really cool to see Final Egg. I'm cool with the reboot giving us a world with a lot of the game stuff. Weird that Efrika hasn't become Mazuri, though.

I'm not sure about Rotor's new design. I prefer him with the hairs than this baldish looking version. More like this:

Rotors-back.jpg

Mazuri is just a location (a Village/city/whatever) of Efrika. Like Spagonia or Empire City.

EDIT: Or like how Chun-Nan and Adabat would be a part of Yurasha.

Edited by Sparky

I'm at least glad they didn't do away with everything to make it a total mirror of the games after losing some of the stuff in the last continuity.

if they were to mirror the games 100% with no originality what so ever it would be extremely boring and the book wouldnt last that long