Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

They're not allowed to use metal overlord just putting that there

Source that please?

and why Emerl still is.

Actually Emerl isn't off limits, its just the fact that in whatever they would have to use him for he would have to die. can't remember the article exactly but I believe its the one where he showed off artwork of Iblis.

Source that please?  Actually Emerl isn't off limits, its just the fact that in whatever they would have to use him for he would have to die. can't remember the article exactly but I believe its the one where he showed off artwork of Iblis.
http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6951&p=350863&hilit=Metal+overlord#p350863. Can find the thread Ian posted that in but some did quote it

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6951&p=350863&hilit=Metal+overlord#p350863. Can't find the thread Ian posted that in but some did quote it.

Hmm, wonder WHEN he wrote that exactly? because mandates change from year to year, hell it wasn't too long ago (2 years ago I believe) that Cream wasn't allowed to be used in the comics, and now they can use SHTH reffences so could be possible that some mandates got lifted.

And hell SEGA values Heroes as a prized gem for some reason, not like they shun its existance at all.

I imagine with Metal it wouldn't be consistent with what SEGA is doing with the character in the rare instance they use him at all these days. They dropped him having a personality after Heroes, and apparently didn't want him having much of one for the "Forged in Fire" story in SU#50, and I get the feeling things will stay that way. Even when Metal tried to rebel, Eggman had a killswitch in place to rein him in, so things may stay that way as far as the "main" Metal Sonic is concerned. Exceptions seem to be Shard, Captain Metal... basically as long as it isn't THE Metal Sonic, SEGA may allow some wriggle room.

That's my take on why Metal Overlord can't/won't be used, anyway. I have no idea what's running through Flynn's or the people at SEGA Licensing's heads.

EDIT: Reading that thread Dejimon linked, I found it interesting that Nigel Kitching apparently offered Flynn use of the Metallix from StC (and we all know SEGA isn't going to let that fly these days). I wouldn't have thought Kitching would've had the rights to anything in that book. I guess contracts/ownership rights are a bit different in the UK?

Edited by Zaysho

I don't care what others think on the subject, Bean is crack up. So glad he didn't get wiped with the crossover events. I'm enjoying his part in this arc more than any of the other characters purely for his writing alone. Bravo to Ian or whoever decided to bring him back and give him proper backstory and charactization. Sega could learn a thing or two about how to make characters relevant from some of the current Archie writers!

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't care what others think on the subject, Bean is crack up. So glad he didn't get wiped with the crossover events. I'm enjoying his part in this arc more than any of the other characters purely for his writing alone. Bravo to Ian or whoever decided to bring him back and give him proper backstory and charactization. Sega could learn a thing or two about how to make characters relevant from some of the current Archie writers!

Sort of one the reasons why I like the comics, in that they give people a lot more purpose and reason to be around. They seem more likely to flesh someone out and be able to make them fit in the situation, instead of just sticking them in just because they are there in many cases.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a question why do people keep saying this comic treats Amy horribly especially with recent issues

I have a question why do people keep saying this comic treats Amy horribly especially with recent issues

Who are the people saying this? Sonic/Amy shippers?

Edited by Komodin

Who are the people saying this? Sonic/Amy shippers?

....yes and some other people on other sites. Then again I keep hearing Archie is treating Sally unfair so I don't know who to believe now

Edited by Dejimon11

Amy's been treated better in the comic than she's been in the games.

Pretty much all the SEGA cast have been treated better in the comics than in the games lately.

Pretty much all the SEGA cast have been treated better in the comics than in the games lately.
Yet people still find something to complain about

I imagine with Metal it wouldn't be consistent with what SEGA is doing with the character in the rare instance they use him at all these days.

By "Rare instances" you mean pretty much every game in the past few years, right?

By "Rare instances" you mean pretty much every game in the past few years, right?

Has Metal Sonic been used widely in games canon lately? There was Heroes, and I think he had a role in the Rivals games, though I haven't played those (but I understand Eggman spoke through Metal rather than Metal having a mind of his own), Free Riders which is essentially a redux of his appearance in Heroes, and then there's Generations where he's just a mini-boss. I'm not going to count appearances in spin-off games (and I suppose you can take or leave Free Riders depending on what you think qualifies as "canon"). By my count, he's not used very much at all. EDIT: Forgot about Sonic 4: Episode II, as ElectroKyurem pointed out below. Still doesn't seem like "every game" to me.

Who are these people? can you show us what you mean?

I recall there's a few nutjobs on deviant art that formed an "anti-Archie" group and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones complaining about the SEGA characters' portrayals (never mind all the pissing and moaning they do over anything in a book they supposedly hate but keep reading anyway). Maybe that's who Dejimon was talking about.

Edited by Zaysho

The only recent games I can think of that he's been in are Generations, Sonic 4, and ASRT. I wouldn't call that "every game".

I think Bean may be my favorite character in this comic.

I do have to agree, he is utlery hilarious, now if only they could give Bark a bit of a bigger role, and where is nack...... also Bean is quite the show stealer, Blaze may be said to be the main character of this arc, but we all know its reall Bean

There's a reason why Amy Cream Bean and Bark are in this arc. They were sent brought to the Sol world by the Sol emeralds

Spose that makes sense, Bean would want the shiny and covet and protect it. Bark I dunno...cause he's Beans friend? Amy and Cream cause they are Blaze's friend. Nack...I guess he didn't get "summoned" there cause he would wanna steal the gem to sell it to the highest bidder. Still interested to know where he ended up tho if not with Bean and Bark who he was last with in TTT.

They probably sent their separate ways. Remember nack doesn't work well with others he did kill he cousins after all and the encyclopedia hints that he may have killed Nic

No matter where you go, there are going to be people that hate this character or like this character and they bash this while praise something over here and not there. It just all depends on who you are talking to, where you are currently at, and just where they are referring to as well. A lot of the people that say Amy isn't treated fairly, then praise Sally and vise versa. There is just always that mix there of some people that prefer one over the other and then those that don't care which it ends up being if ever.

They probably sent their separate ways. Remember nack doesn't work well with others he did kill he cousins after all and the encyclopedia hints that he may have killed Nic

Since when did he kill Nic? Last time I remember even seeing Nic, unless I'm mistaken since it is hard to remember tons of info at all times, was during the kidnap green knuckles stuff for the echidnas.

I said "may have" meaning its possible according to the paper weig-I mean complete encyclopedia which is probably useless now

It's only useless if you view it as an up-to-date supplementary. If you view it as a summary of the old reality and the mythos within that, then it's still got use as a reference.

• Thumbs Up 1