Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm hoping for Sonic Underground. I loved the show as a kid; many fond memories associated with Manic and Sonia. I want a proper conclusion.

It was made by Rafaela Knight aka the same person who made this

Ah, I had to look up the name, but I instantly recognized the work (I'd seen her 3D Sonic work a while back on deviant art). Thanks for the clarifcation.

EDIT: I had to double-check TSSZ's live blog of the Archie panel, it doesn't explicitly say that "Shadow Fall" was pushed back. It says the cover for SU#60 was shown, so I figured that just meant they revealed the cover for part two of the story. If it really has been delayed, I do hope SU#59 is the "Underground" epilogue like people here are thinking, but I'd think Archie would make that a big announcement at NYCC, especially since everyone knows that story was delayed and replaced with the Metal Sonic story in SU#50.

Edited by Zaysho

Those 3D-ish models are goddamn perfect!

Yep, the Redesigns TOTALLY helped them fit in with the SEGA-Sonic cast even more than before. Through honestly the only game enviroment I can see the Archie/SatAM cast applied is a RPG or Fighter.

Heh, I didn't even know Rafaela even did Archie work.mRaf

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's a link to Rafaela's DA if you guys are interested.

http://elesis-knight.deviantart.com/

She's done some other Archie Sonic work before, even had it featured in the fan art section... Not surprised Archie jumped at the chance to get her to do a cover...

Here's some of her other work:

more_one_good_day___by_elesis_knight-d68

lien_da_by_elesis_knight-d4n4h56.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, take SU#59 and reapply it.

Turns out Shadow Fall is being delayed to SU#60.

Edit: Alternate cover (or poster design?) to #257;

tumblr_muhlx00Unh1r6r1iuo1_500.jpg

Oooh:

SonicArchives1.png

^ Its beautiful

Now these are some alternate covers I can get behind ^^

Antoine needs his military coat back. Seriously, screw the 'match Sonic' argument. I mean, he's more than welcome to go bare like Sonic from time to time, but I want that coat to come on at regular intervals as well. My eyes keep going "WTF" without that coat.

At least he still has his sword. :D

well it would be cool if we got some Cameos at least from them, even if its just say Sonic Spenball level

Antoine needs his military coat back. Seriously, screw the 'match Sonic' argument. I mean, he's more than welcome to go bare like Sonic from time to time, but I want that coat to come on at regular intervals as well. My eyes keep going "WTF" without that coat.

At least he still has his sword. biggrin.png

When I see stuff like this, even if it's minor and/or just an opinion, seeing thoughts like these so much just make me want Antoine to NEVER get that coat and that it is never seen again, and that Sally, nor any chipmunk/squirrel is ever shown with cheek fuzz.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I see stuff like this, even if it's minor and/or just an opinion, seeing thoughts like these so much just make me want Antoine to NEVER get that coat and that it is never seen again, and that Sally, nor any chipmunk/squirrel is ever shown with cheek fuzz.

Seriously? Then that just goes to show that you have such a low respect to the point of throwing a hissy fit over the most harmless and (bizarrely) even fair-minded opinions.

You might as well come out and say "fuck everyone who likes what I hate" with that attitude. I suggest you go out and get some fresh air if you're gonna rage over it.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

Seriously? Then that just goes to show that you have such a low respect to the point of throwing a hissy fit over the most harmless and (bizarrely) even fair-minded opinions.

You might as well come out and say "fuck everyone who likes what I hate" with that attitude. I suggest you go out and get some fresh air if you're gonna rage over it.

I never had a problem with Antoine's coat. It's just that seeing alot of people say they want Antoine's coat back and that he shouldn't be "naked" made me hate his coat.

When I was seeing alot of people praising Big and acting like he was the greatest thing ever after SEGA announced they had no plans for him, I began to hate Big a little. Even though I never had a problem with him to begin with. 

It's just seeing so much of the same opinion or whatever that annoys me a little, not the actual thing itself. 

Edited by Sparky

I never had a problem with Antoine's coat. It's just that seeing alot of people say they want Antoine's coat back and that he shouldn't be "naked" made me hate his coat.

I don't really get the logic in hating what you never cared about, but regardless I never said he shouldn't be "naked" rather than him still having it around. There are bigger things to have a problem with and this is not one of them.

Looked what popped up at comic-con

tumblr_muhjw4rMPr1r6r1iuo2_500.jpg

tumblr_muhjw4rMPr1r6r1iuo1_500.jpg

Archie characters in game-verese, believe!

...Have I died and went to heaven?

Because holy shit, this cover look gorgeous. I was a HUGE fan of Rafaela Knight's models before hand, and the fact that she did that cover really warms my heart. Another dedicated fan gets to work with the big guys!

These models really do make me wish the Freedom Fighters could make a cameo in the games or something. Maybe make them playable characters in a Sonic fighter.

I wouldn't mind someone like Nicole, Bunnie, Sally or Antoine in the games, especially as playable characters. Maybe not as reoccurring characters though; a one-time thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Have I died and went to heaven?

Because holy shit, this cover look gorgeous. I was a HUGE fan of Rafaela Knight's models before hand, and the fact that she did that cover really warms my heart. Another dedicated fan gets to work with the big guys!

These models really do make me wish the Freedom Fighters could make a cameo in the games or something. Maybe make them playable characters in a Sonic fighter.

Admitedly, Rotor does look ready for a fight, but what about M&S go the olympic games? that would be cool, and admitedly it would be cool if they showed up in some of the party/spinoff games? while they might not be from the games, they do have a long enough history with sonic(and one previous game cameo, albiet Sonic Spinball), that it would be cool

If we're not going to play as tails knux and Amy in the games it's very unlikely were going to play as the FF. About Antione as long as he's the same (Luigi like) character we all know and love I'm fine

If we're not going to play as tails knux and Amy in the games it's very unlikely were going to play as the FF. About Antione as long as he's the same (Luigi like) character we all know and love I'm fine

But knuckles and the others do appear in spinoffs and party games, so wouldnt say its entirely impossible, for a spinoff that is, if there is enough demand, and they get a good reason

Better than making a shitload of ripoff characters for the games.
Ripoffs like who?

Ripoffs like who?

I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular. Just saying I'd prefer the actual characters than some shoddy ripoffs :)

I don't really get the logic in hating what you never cared about, but regardless I never said he shouldn't be "naked" rather than him still having it around. There are bigger things to have a problem with and this is not one of them.

Whatever, that was just how I was feeling at that moment. And that feeling already passed.  

If Antoine wears his coat again, then cool. if he doesn't wear it, cool. He looks fine either way.