Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

On a different note, a #252 spoiler (maybe).

The King Acorn in question is Max

So would that mean that Elias is gone.... or something happened to him oh well just have to wait and see

Also from what Ken has been saying it sounds more like they have co-ownership of most of the characters cept those 3, but Archie is feeling like ditching most of em just because they already took care of most of em, and they dont want to deal with trouble

Stop thinking of it from a story perspective.

He owns the characters. For the characters to reappear, they have to be licensed to Archie. Archie doesn't tell SEGA what to do. And if this idea were to move forward, Penders would be in the same exact position. It's Archie going to him to use his toys. He legally gets to say they have to play like he wants.

Eh, point taken. I can accept that that's the reality of it. I'm less happy about him potentially having some power over the direction of the book, and I wouldn't be surprised if Archie decides not to bring them back simply because of everything that's happened. At the end of the day, the readers are the biggest losers in this battle, since they simply want to see the characters back and see their stories. But, hey, I'm waiting for #252 and beyond like everyone else, regardless of what happens. I may not be happy about ALL the decisions being made, but as long as the stories are good, I can deal.

Edited by Zaysho

I think Archie should just keep Julie-Su, Lara-Su at a stretch. Locke can stay the way he is to keep what's left of the clusterfuck of canon intact (not critisising, it's just due to the effects of the shitted up Chaos Control).

So would that mean that Elias is gone.... or something happened to him oh well just have to wait and see

Not necessarily. It could just mean that Max never resigned (if that's the right word) from the throne. I hope I'm right about this...

Not necessarily. It could just mean that Max never resigned (if that's the right word) from the throne. I hope I'm right about this...

abdicated you mean

Adding to that, full cast list, as it seems:

Sonic, Tails, King Acorn, Sally,

IxisWally, Nicole, Eggman, Cubot, and Orbot

Adding to that, full cast list, as it seems:

Sonic, Tails, King Acorn, Sally,

IxisWally, Nicole, Eggman, Cubot, and Orbot

So everyone was just...displaced?.....ok then.

Why does the comic give the impression the Zeti will end up being "misunderstood guardians" and probably will end up on Sonic's side. This is like Knuckles syndrome all over again >.<

Wonder which will come out first: that or the Super Special Magazine?

Wonder which will come out first: this or the Super Special Magazine? Free, or $9.99? Not that it matters to me, since I'll be grabbing both.

Why does the comic give the impression the Zeti will end up being "misunderstood guardians" and probably will end up on Sonic's side. This is like Knuckles syndrome all over again >.<

I don't know what gave you that impression, considering that, immediately upon seeing Eggman and his bunch, Zavok literally threatened to kill them.

Wow I'm actually surprised to see Ryan Jampole(Mega Man artist) draw actually draw sonic

Wow I'm actually surprised to see Ryan Jampole(Mega Man artist) draw actually draw sonic

Even though he's already done it twice?

Even though he's already done it twice?

Yeah let me rephrase that: I'm surprise to see Ryan Jampole draw something sonic that isn't im chibi form

Edited by Dejimon11

My first thoughts:

The mad doctor is at it again swiping up critters to power

his ever growing badnik army, and this time, he’s bringing

his aramda to take over a new land, the mysterious hidden

world of Lost Hex

Someone isn't doing their job right. Hope they fix that.

Looking forward to the comic overall though. Who can say no to free stuff?

"Completely original terrain here." Oh ho ho, that trolling.

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo

Yeah let me rephrase that: I'm surprise to see Ryan Jampole draw something sonic that isn't im chibi form

And he's already done THAT too rolleyes.gif

MEANWHILE THE EVENT WE'VE ALL WAITED FOR

subscribers getting the issue. Not CC14, though.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #252 QUICKGET 

I happened to check the mail when I went home for lunch (I normally don't bother), and as luck would have it I got my copy! I haven't done these in a while because it seemed no one found use in them, but I thought that since we're chomping at the bit I'd go over what was revealed in the rest of the issue. 

The first six pages start at >>215061. 

The big one: 

King Acorn is King Max, but not the one we know. This is Max!New, who looks far younger and almost seems a cross between Max!Old and Elias. And a kind old sport, not a douche. (Sonic even has a thought bubble about him not being a jerk.) In addition, he now has a full squirrel tail, just like Ray the Squirrel. Curly and everything. And a new crown. I'll have a picture tonight if no one posts one sooner (use spoiler image plz). 

The rest of the story: 

When Naugus leaves that's it, exit stage right, no return in the issue. 

Nanites are gone. Nada. Zip. 

Tails Doll is controlled by a Command Core (not the exact name, but I haven't the issue at work), which is apparently a common thing in this new world. It eats the surrounding landscape to heal itself until Sonic and Tails managed to pull it out. 

After Nicole is thrown outside in her little tricorder, the mechanics mess up a bit, breaking the speaker. Tails finds her but her hologram seems to indicate he should stay away; he doesn't notice this, though, and when he picks her up she shocks him and he remembers everything from WC and both timelines. This also "defragments" her and she spends the rest of the issue fairly incoherent (whether or not she also remembers everything now is unknown.) After they beat Tails Doll, Sonic starts to "remember" (for lack of a better world) the new timeline. 

There is a "New Flashback" quickly comparing Robotnik (looking more like modern Eggman) meeting King Max in the old timeline to Eggman from the Genesis games meeting King Max!New. 

Naugus had trapped King Acorn in a holding cell below Castle Acorn and managed to use some tech from a prior Eggman attack to make it extra secure. For whatever reason, Nicole was left with King Acorn, and apparently could still render a physical form but some power source died before Naugus took her and trapped King Acorn. 

Speaking of Eggman, he landed in southern Efrika in the remainder of the Machine X from Worlds Collide, along with Orbot and Cubot. All of them completely remember the WC events and the prior timelines, Eggman mentions Wily by name (well, "Al"). No mention is made on the new timeline, as I recall, and Eggman even starts pushing his busted Eggchair across the desert and hopes there's a nearby base... 

Anyway, the Freedom Fighters had gone on a mission to find Sally, and the last transmission back to Mobotropolis was a "heavily encoded" message from Rotor, a set of co-ordinates that Sonic and Tails are going to go after. As they're talking about who could remember changes, Nicole tries to offer some advice about finding the FF and Tails takes this to mean that if they find people close to Sonic, they might remember upon contact with him. Interestingly, King Max rests his hand on Sonic's shoulder but is still not aware of another timeline (and they don't tell him.) 

A final page shows us a heavily-shadowed Sally(!New, if it has to be said) hiding in the Death Egg as EGGSwats run around trying to find her.

Mindfuck central everyone...

Nice to see the Knuckles books are still coming, despite the legal mess.

Kinda annoyed that the Sonic Select books have officially devolved into "collecting stuff based on theme" rather than collecting stuff like the specials/one-shots/mini-series in chronological order.

Next year will hopefully be a good year for Archie Sonic books.