Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Charmy is probably one of the ugliest characters Sega has ever made though lets just be honest. He's ranking right up there with Chip.

N-no?

OK, catch this: I live in hot-ass Florida, which has been in the 100's here and there over the Summer. If I could walk around naked, hell yeah I would!

And I am not even furry! Think of how hot it must be in Mobius! It's about time he realized he's already wearing something other than a jacket. The whole military meaning is useless now because the Kingdom has gone to shit anyways. If anything, I would expect that jacket to be safely stored away due to its supposed attachment to his father.

The Beatles didn't always wear mop top hair, you know? It's called phases; and everyone goes through them over time. Every character in SEGASonic that has survived the Classic Era had a makeover, so why not the Classic Archie characters as well?

Edit: Hell, even this guy did:

ml6_bcw09.jpg

Edited by tenchibr

He clearly misreads everything that I've said up til now. He seems to think  I'm saying Antoine is the jacket. Like he has limited reading comprehension. I can't tell if he's doing that on purpose. I kind of hope he is.
You've been doing as much misreading into his position as you supposedly claim he is, and on top of that continue to be insulting. If you're so worked up over a character design of all things that you are going to start assuming bad faith in people who are arguing against you honestly, I'd suggest you drop the subject, because I'm not going to tolerate this kind of shit-flinging in a discussion.

I do find the "male characters don't wear clothes" thing kind of strange, but it's not a big deal. Plus his jacket was probably was destroyed in the explosion, anyway (which, if that's the case, means this likely won't be a reboot after all ... not sure where that whole thing came from anyway).

He clearly misreads everything that I've said up til now. He seems to think  I'm saying Antoine is the jacket. Like he has limited reading comprehension. I can't tell if he's doing that on purpose. I kind of hope he is.

Charmy is probably one of the ugliest characters Sega has ever made though lets just be honest. He's ranking right up there with Chip.

I was arguing that I didn't understand why people found the lack of jacket confusing. I repeatedly said I understood people disagreeing with it, but not people not understanding it.

Your response to that was to say I didn't care about the character, and then a long paragraph explaining that I didn't care about the character because I'm not against him losing the jacket.

Where did I misread this?

EDIT: Sorry Nepenthe, your post hadn't appeared on this tab by the point I posted. I'll drop it anyways, I've repeated my point around ten times by now. I'll repeat it once more-

- I like Antoine

- I like the new design

- I understand why people don't

- I don't understand why people are confused by it, when the reasons for it are very obvious

There.

Edited by Captain Harlock

Antoine never actually had a toupe in SatAM outside of the pilot, IIRC, bit in the comics, I think he did. Either way, that design features not just a stripe, but... hair. It's similar to his Season 2 SatAM design, just with a color similar to his muzzle and belly.

And I am not even furry!

Nothing you said is intrinsically linked to being a furry. :/

EDIT: I misread. Derpity-derp-derp! @3@

• Thumbs Up 1

He had  a toupee in the early comics, which became hair later on, and was retconned to have been Sonic having burnt his hair so he wore a toupee for a bit. And yeah, he has a stripe with bangs, basically integrating the hair into the head, so it doesn't look like a wig anymore.

@Nepenthe- I'm pretty sure Tenchi meant that as "if I'm not furry and get hot, imagine Antoine covered in fur and in Mobius! Whew, can't blame him for getting fresher"

Ah, I think he meant he isn't an anthro (obviously :v), not "furry" as in Furry Fandom.

edit: darnit harlock

Edited by ElementofChaos

Curious to see what was changed in Sally, btw. Ian did say the design we saw in the New York Comic Con wasn't final, and I'm betting they likely changed the boots to not be equal to Antoine's. Anyone know when we get higher-res versions of the covers?

Maybe my memory is foggy. But Antoine doesn't seem to have suffered much from his injuries. No scaring, still has both eyes. That was the nicest explosion to the face ever. If the explosion is the story related reason for his jacket being gone then I'd at least expect an eye patch.

Also I'm Sorry Harlock. I was out of line.

Edited by Dejablue

Hey, here is a thought, what if while he was in a coma his hair I dont know, finaly grew back? thats a thought

His hair's grown back since the... 30's or so. We actually saw it when Metal grabbed him in SU50.

That's ok Deja. Being honest with you, I'm not expecting a specific story reason, although considering he was covered in bandages last we saw him, maybe he really was horrifically scarred but he's getting cured, like Sally apparently is.

To be honest I'm just glad they finally tied up Mighty and Ray's disappearance recently. I would have been more ticked if they hadn't gotten around to that before this "new universe" stuff.

If they are tightening the cast it does make me wonder who made the cut and who doesn't? Penders crap aside. Like which Sega characters will stay relevant in the new stories, which SatAM cast members will have a prominent role? Will the "lost" Sega cast still be used? Will a majority of the comic only cast be axed regardless of who created them etc

To be honest I'm just glad they finally tied up Mighty and Ray's disappearance recently. I would have been more ticked if they hadn't gotten around to that before this "new universe" stuff.

If they are tightening the cast it does make me wonder who made the cut and who doesn't? Penders crap aside. Like which Sega characters will stay relevant in the new stories, which SatAM cast members will have a prominent role? Will the "lost" Sega cast still be used? Will a majority of the comic only cast be axed regardless of who created them etc

Way  I see it, the lost sega cast are pretty safe because they are right in the butter zone, they were at one time official designs, thus their base appearance isnt a problem, but they are no longer used officialy(sadly in some cases) so they can actualy be developed, and there is a reason why Bean and Bark are a major part of the next universe plot XD

Honestly only thing I would worry about is that if they are ever reincorporated into the games the comic versions might suffer, then again they handled the chaotix decently enough so I am not too worried

Pretty sure Nack, Bark, Bean, Mighty, and Ray are safe

I am apparently late to the re-designs, but can I say that Antoine finally looks like a coyote?

Wait...you mean he never had one?

Does it affect the Archives series and the reprints? Things like the Silver Saga they might aswell not release of they are going to have to make so many changes, it might aswell be a new story

Does it affect the Archives series and the reprints? Things like the Silver Saga they might aswell not release of they are going to have to make so many changes, it might aswell be a new story

Seeing as the vast majority of past issues, main series or universe, somehow involve a Pender's character, we might not see a reprint for a while

Well only asking because I'm trying to collect the Archives and Universe Archives for my collection, they don't seem to have stopped selling them though.

I wish we knew wether the settlement meant no further use of any characters or no use full stop, the former meaning reprints could be made/continue as the stories had already happened and they just couldn't be used in any new stories. The latter would mean that a huge chunk of the comic history would be lost to those who didn't buy the them first time around, some big characters like Robo-Robotnik being the origins of the current Eggman and things like that