Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Best_of_Sonic_2.jpg

I think the mystery hand looks more like a echidna hand

Then again it could be someone on this cover.

Best_of_Sonic_2.jpg

BIG ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking out for this now.

From Ian:

Actually, yeah, in the first draft there was a Metal Bass fusion fight. I can't remember who killed it, SEGA, Capcom or both, but it was the only idea that was rejected.

I'm betting it was SEGA!

Assholes, we could've had something great there. I mean the 2-on-2 fight looks fine there too but fuck if I didn't want to see a Metal Bass.

Edited by goku262002

I'd be interested in seeing how Dulcy could be redesigned to be more Sonic ish.  I mean shes a freaking big green dragon.  

But if its another SatAM character...we've seen them all so far. Dulcy is literally the only named Freedom Fighter left from SatAM.

Well wait. There is also Lupe.  

Lol maybe its Griff the Goat.  Or Rosie the Woodchuck!

....the Freedom Fighters need a bird on their team.  All the birds are bad guys tho. That's racist, yo.

Edited by Dejablue

I'd be interested in seeing how Dulcy could be redesigned to be more Sonic ish.  I mean shes a freaking big green dragon.  

But if its another SatAM character...we've seen them all so far. Dulcy is literally the only named Freedom Fighter left from SatAM.

Well wait. There is also Lupe.  

Lol maybe its Griff the Goat.  Or Rosie the Woodchuck!

....the Freedom Fighters need a bird on their team.  All the birds are bad guys tho. That's racist, yo.

Bean ain't a bad guy, well not in the typical sense anyway. He has helped the good guys once from memory; although it was for the promise of shinny's! He's more of a mercenary.

Speaking of which despite how awesome that cover is, where the F is Nack? Can't have a best of villians compilation and not have him there!

EDIT: Just remembered Doctor Quack as well. Except for the time he accidentally killedSally, he's been a god guy.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Either Imperator Ix (in my dreams) or Finitivus. Not expecting it to be Enerjak since he's claimed by fucking Penders.

Well, it looks like a portain of fans are not too happy with the SatAM Cast's Redesigns.  I do see that some are cool with it, while others are Happy to see the characters back, just not happy with the redesigns.  Then of course you have those that are not happy at all with SatAM cast coming back, because they believe it will steal the spotlight away from the game cast.

Well, lets look at this from another franchise, "BEAST WARS (Season 2)", in the 2nd season, a trans-metal wave of sorts spread across the planet and gave the characters (majority of them) redesigns right off the bat, and some later on in the season and 3rd season.  Now I know some of you will say "Well that was done, because of the toy line for that year."  And that is true, but there have been several toy line based cartoons where the toys themselves were given redesigns, but the cartoon counterparts were not given any at all.  

Now you may say, "What does this have to do with the SatAM Cast's redesigns?"  Well, I tell you what it has to do with it, for the 3rd Genesis Wave will be like that Trans-Metal Wave in a simaliar way, By giving the SatAM Characters and possibly other comic characters redesigns. That's way I see it happening.

As far as it being like Other-M in redesign.  I don't see it as of right now, but I understand that certain members of the Sonic Fanbase may see it as other wise.  However we will just have to wait and see what occurs in these last 5 months, won't we?

But I do ask the question, Why are Fans bugged by the possible and I mean silmly possible Other-M influences and references that are coming in character design and redesign and have been already.  I mean it's not like he will find a way to get his Other-M story officially published, because I doubt Archie and Sega will allow that VIOLENT story to pass.  So I ask you what's the problem with the Other-M influences and refeneces in the upcoming redesign and design?

It's true, that all these redesigns could have been done differently and not have to be the result of a 3rd Genesis Wave or a DEM hydra plant (if that will still be used), but tons of backstage politics and courtroom BS doesn't help it out one bit, now does it?

As far as the SatAM Cast being back, favorable front and center, those that don't like that idea, well they need to understand something, and that is, unlike the game cast, they are unlimited,  not limited, like the game cast.  In other words they have no limitations on them, but the game cast does.  

That is why the SatAM cast is primarily shown as the MAIN CO-STARS of the comic along with Sonic, Tails and Amy, because they have no limitations to them, so let's say Ian wanted to have Amy Rose turned into a Elastic Mobian with Elastic powers for let's say 6 issues of the main comic, he couldn't do that, because Archie at Sega behalf's would not allow it to happen, thus Ian would have to change it to let's say Bunnie, instead of Amy Rose.  That is why the SatAM Cast is always featured in more situations and stories than the game cast.  Because they don't have limitations, unlike the game cast does.

Now does that mean the game cast will be shoved aside, NO!, of course not.  They will still strongly be featured in the comic, I mean the post SU arc (TRIPLE P) will feature the 4/5 MAIN FEMALE Game Characters in a VERY STRONG Way.  So you die-hard game fans have nothing to worry about. ;)  

Because be honest with yourselves, do you just want an issue of the main comic to be like a game zone/level in the games, where it's basically Sonic passing the level/zone in one issue, than going onto the next zone/level in the following issue? Don't you think that would be little boring, I do.

This is way the SatAM cast is featured as much as they are, to give more life to what would just be a "Sonic Just passed zone number whatever" in this issue comic.

But basically, The Countdown to Chaos arc is basically the REBIRTH OF the KNOTHOLE FREEDOM FIGHTERS aka The Newly REDESIGNED SatAM Cast, whither we the Characters or not, or if the redesigns or not.

So the person with chuck IS a SatAMer and the mystery hand isn't

I bet it's some obscure villain from the wary comics. Universalimander anyone?

From Ian:

I'm betting it was SEGA!

Assholes, we could've had something great there. I mean the 2-on-2 fight looks fine there too but fuck if I didn't want to see a Metal Bass.

I'd rather have the two be fought individually just to show how strong they are than do some lame Fusion Dance in all honesty. And the fight worked just fine without it.

Would I have liked to see Treble Boost? Sure, but it's no big deal to me since again, the fight was still satisfying to watch and read. But a Metal Fusion? After what we saw of Metal in SU #50, it'd be a huge waste to make him another support unit for Bass to use. After pretty much being fodder to blow up after each fight he appears in, it was a real breath of fresh air in SU #50 to have a model that utilized and improved what his predecessors failed at and came off as genuinely threatening.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...A villain who's not SatAM and would never be expected...

...Reala? (The character is SEGA after all XD)

From Ian:

I'm betting it was SEGA!

Yeah, we could have had something. A clusterfuck, namely. It's becoming more likely that in terms of Metal Sonic, SEGA knows better than Ian what the fuck to do.

EDIT: The glove looks nothing like either Finitevus nor Ix' hands. And after all this debacle, I've my doubts Sonic Chronicles material will be introduced, not so fast at least.

Edited by Captain Harlock

Yeeeah, I don't really like the sound of a fusion, tbh. Plus it'd be a bit silly for that to happen just as tensions are rising between Eggman and Wily.

On a different note, I'm beginning to get really fed up with the minority of Archie Sonic fans blaming every change on SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 9

On a different note, I'm beginning to get really fed up with the minority of Archie Sonic fans blaming every change on SEGA.

Eh, same here. To hear some people talk, it's like SEGA apparently has no right to have any sort of control over what is literally their most well-known IP.

Yeah, it's okay to disagree with what they decide sometimes, but acting like they should have no say in what is, at the end of the day, their product, is really stretching things.

It's why the comic wasn't always so great back in the day. SEGA wasn't, as far as I know, as strict with the comics as they are now. Thus the comics have become superior since they have been stricter with Archie, like the edited panel of Sonic's OTT crying and a few other things.

Anyway, I personally like the new redesigns of the SatAM cast and they look much better now with Sonic and co.

It says returning, though. They haven't been in the comic, AFAIR.

Yeah. I made a dumb guess there. (:-(

With Bunnie I think they just took off her hat and jacket. I wonder if her braid is still there. I hope so. I mean it was a pretty cool braid.

They didn't take anything from Sally they just buttoned up her front and gave her pants.  But Antoine still baffles me. Is Ian just really into topless Antoine?  His lack of blue jacket clashes hard with his little yellow toupee in my opinion.

But for now i'm still bothered by what "reboot" means.

If you're going to bother then it should be a REAL reboot. 

Edited by Dejablue

Best_of_Sonic_2.jpg

Bean ain't a bad guy, well not in the typical sense anyway. He has helped the good guys once from memory; although it was for the promise of shinny's! He's more of a mercenary.

Speaking of which despite how awesome that cover is, where the F is Nack? Can't have a best of villians compilation and not have him there!

EDIT: Just remembered Doctor Quack as well. Except for the time he accidentally killedSally, he's been a god guy.

Agreed, they have Wave, but not Nack! Wave is just a lacky....

Also ought to be interesting to see what happens

Say does anyone know where I can get my hands on some of the earlier Sonic Universe individual comics such as the ones from the shadow saga on? I read those a while back and wanted at the very least to get the Shadow Saga ones for collectors purposes and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Edited by LordMetallix

Say does anyone know where I can get my hands on some of the earlier Sonic Universe individual comics such as the ones from the shadow saga on? I read those a while back and wanted at the very least to get the Shadow Saga ones for collectors purposes and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Promoting piracy isn't allowed.

Edited by Nepenthe

Well I sort of meant where I could buy them? I mean if push comes to shove I'll just buy the paperback sets and be done with them, but I was hoping to get at least the Shadow Saga and Treasure Team Tango comics individually to add to my comic collection.

With Bunnie I think they just took off her hat and jacket. I wonder if her braid is still there. I hope so. I mean it was a pretty cool braid.

They didn't take anything from Sally they just buttoned up her front and gave her pants.  But Antoine still baffles me. Is Ian just really into topless Antoine?  His lack of blue jacket clashes hard with his little yellow toupee in my opinion.

But for now i'm still bothered by what "reboot" means.

If you're going to bother then it should be a REAL reboot. 

Good thing no-one said anything about rebooting other than the fans, then.

Also I don't get why people are baffled as to why Ant is jacketless. People are free to dislike it, sure, but the logic shouldn't be confusing- Sonic male characters wear shoes and gloves, final. No jackets.

He also no longer has a toupee, if you'll notice.

Also I don't get why people are baffled as to why Ant is jacketless. People are free to dislike it, sure, but the logic shouldn't be confusing- Sonic male characters wear shoes and gloves, final. No jackets.

I think the new Antoine looks great, but the omission of the jacket is more than enough excuse for someone to scratch their heads over. Despite the trend of Sonic male characters roughing it in the buff, That royal blue overcoat is something that has been around with the dude from the very beginning. Its as much a part of him as his cowardly nature (RIP), his toupee (RIP) and French Accent (?).

lol wow, that dude has come a long way. Still, I could see how people could find a bit of trouble superimposing old Antoine onto this newer model. Most of that will probably blow over once we see him blurt out a few phrases in French.