Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Can Penders come up with anything that's not a rip-off of something else? The "Lost Ones" just screams "X-Men rip-off" so much.

The "Based on the best selling comic" part makes me fucking laugh since the "Lost Ones" didn't last pass the first issue. You can really tell that Penders has an over inflated opinion of himself when he has to lie to make the "Lost Ones" sound like it was a success.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some bullshit

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you hate Sonamy and you wrongly assume that any reason to dislike Sally, valid or no, is in your mind some metaphysical threat to Sally's relevance and predominance in the comic and justification for just as inane and unwanted Sonamy. So in your biased delusional mind, you try and fail horrendously in spectacular fashion to explain that all hatred for Sally is some misplaced pandering to Sonamy when actuality you have no logical reason to jump to such conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's been almost a week, I'd answer that, but I'd rather not clutter up this topic any further.

Fuck it, I'm doing it anyway.

Well if you said it, it must be true.

Well no fucking shit, he's the protagonist it's kind of his job.

Yes, because Sally is so amazingly wonderful, and perfect that anybody that doesn't like her is a fan of Amy the Devil. Because I'm not allowed to dislike a character no matter how good and thought out my reason are, obviously I'm the one who's wrong.

Which do barely anything to slow her down, and her "flaws" are either seen as admirable or glossed over by other characters.

Ok, obviously you didn't read it the first time so I'm going to blow it up so you can see:

Sally gets so much more play than the other Freedom Fighters, she's practically co-protagonist along with Sonic.

I didn't know making kissy faces with Sonic, and pointing and shouting orders like a Pokemon trainer counts as "significant".

Edited by TheEzekiel300

Vampfox.... I hate you. You put that nightmare thing on the page, and now I have to go to the hospital. I HATE YOU!!! * cries while a few friends try and relax me.* Seriously what the fuck was THAT? Talk about cheap, youtube videos have a better production value then ken apparently. And THAT is the result of trying to sue Archie. And on the comics, I'm hoping the crossover doesn't get a lame ending... as epic as it could be. Soinc universe 44 from what I heard has a pretty WTF ending. :c I just want the creepy evil wizard monster DEAD. But he won't die because the normal people in the city are MORONS :D

Ya know Ezekiel, I'm getting real sick of you trying to use extremely baseless points and completely ignore the ones I said, so to prevent further embarrassment on your part, I'm not even going to bother replying. People really need to stop getting so butthurt over a cartoon chimpmunk, it's degrading to say the least.

Here's another update on the Archie vs Penders case.

Archie v. Penders Case Mediation Postponed to October

Surprising Move Given Diamond Legal Notices

One would think that, given the uncertainty that exists with some circulation of current and future Sonic comic releases in the wake of Diamond Comics abiding by a legal notice pertaining to Knuckles Archives #3, Archie would want to get to the table and talk things out with Ken Penders’s counsel as soon as they were able. An opportunity for such talks was coming up on Tuesday, the first scheduled mediation session in the case.

It turns out that will happen much later than originally scheduled. It was Archie’s counsel that sent this latest adjournment request (after Penders’s lawyers approved, says the letter obtained through public record) to judge Richard Berman, who then approved it a day after we reported on the legal notice to Diamond. The letter was dated September 12th, the same day our story broke.

Scheduling conflicts on all sides due to religious holidays and other matters are to blame for the delay. Judge Berman ordered the mediation session be scheduled to a date no later than October 24th. A subsequent status conference, once scheduled for October 3rd, will now be held on the 30th.

Why is that important? Barring any intervention, it in theory will allow Penders and his legal team, if they so desire, to press on with legal notices pertaining to upcoming Sonic issues they feel violate copyrights that, while being contested by Archie in this case, remain legally valid. If successful, such notices could have an impact on the availability of future Sonic comics and re-releases published by Archie, including The Complete Sonic the Hedgehog Comic Encyclopedia, which is scheduled for release on October 30th.

We will continue to follow developments.

So, the arc that #241 resolved?

The NICOLE arc. Huh, must admit that I thought that would go on longer.

But that isn't really the most significant part anyway.

An Artist Job is to make Looks Be Deceiving to the Readers and Watchers

Previously, I talked about how a writers job was to keep you guessing. Well the same could be said for an artist or in this case a comic book artist. For you see their job is to provide the pictures/artwork that helps you see what the story is all about, basically helping you to see the pictures match up with the words.

Now as I mentioned their job is very similar to a writer's job. But you see the difference/similarity is the fact that a writer's job is to keep you guessing, while an artist job is to make pictures/looks be deceiving. In other words not to believe everything you see and in the same case of a writer and the similarity there, not to believe everything you read.

The point of this, is that with the ending of Sonic Universe issue 44, just like with the writer making it seem that Sally is the obvious traitor due to her current circumstance, the artist too makes it seem too obvious in the last panel/page. However this is where their jobs are similar. For you see the writer who gives the story/script to the artist to draw makes sure that the artist understands what they're going for, and lets them know that fans will obviously pick out someone like Sally as the obvious traitor choice, so like with their writing, they want the artist to make it seem obvious as well, but only to keep you guessing and to keep deceiving you.

There's an old saying, "Don't believe everything you see or hear or even read." The reason that saying is used a lot is so that nobody will fall into its false sense of security and believability. Now how that are old saying applies to the Sonic comics and the obvious choice of Sally being the traitor, very simply put, the writer and the artist want you to believe what you read and see only to possibly throw some different at you.

An example of that would be the most recent release of the main Sonic comic book, which is issue 241. Apparently Nagus has/uses an ability that we have not seen him use since the original SSS #3 or 4. Now that's all I'm going to say about 241, just in case no one has read it yet and believe me when I say I don't even have it yet nor will I read it when I get it.(remember what I promised, but that does not include reading off summaries and getting an idea of what's going on) But let's just say that may play an interesting part down the road, especially when you add a certain skunk, and elderly King, and a certain blue heroe's father to the mix as well as the possible wild card of a certain walrus as well, and I think you may have more than just Sally as your candidate to being the traitor.

Now again, this all goes back to what I said in my previous post about the writers job is to keep you guessing as well as the same goes for this post about the artist job being similar in the sense that they make things that you see possibly seem deceiving.

Now I know, some of you will take this differently and some you will not. But remember the old saying that I mentioned, "Don't believe everything you see or hear or even read."

And that is how going to end this today.

God bless and take careartst job.rtf

Edited by bwrosas

I'm still calling SONIC out on the whole traitor plotline, Naugus able to now jump into other's bodies providing a way. Now we just need the when, cause the how has been provided.

I'm still calling SONIC out on the whole traitor plotline, Naugus able to now jump into other's bodies providing a way. Now we just need the when, cause the how has been provided.

It's already proven from Sonic Univese #44, by the way the paper is crossed off, that Sally is the traitor- how in a sense is still to be explained but it will be resolved by issue 247.

It's already proven from Sonic Univese #44, by the way the paper is crossed off, that Sally is the traitor- how in a sense is still to be explained but it will be resolved by issue 247.

it may seem that way, but is it?

I'm slightly concerned, I'm afraid Archie comics might have her killed off just for fan service and I just recently became interested in her as a character in the short time I have known about her.

Why is Amy wearing hiking shoes?! :D

Also - I just read #44 and I have to say I love the ending. Never thought I would get into Archie Sonic properly... ha!

I also really like what they're doing with Silver. Sure he's still the namby-pamby, whiney-ass time traveller from the gawd-awful Sonic'06, but they made him kick some ass as well! Yeeeeah!