Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Are we seriously comparing historical tragedies to talking echidnas? Seriously?

And even if we are, the Echadnas didn't have a whole goddamn army experimenting and oppressing the Tasmanians, it was a few screwed up scientist who were doing illegal funny business behind the backs of the rest for them, not some large crusade. It's in no way comparable

It called fiction and fiction tends to relate to real world incidents.

Point is that apathy towards an obvious injustice and then pinning it on a few people who we don't know how involved they were and who knew(I'm willing to bet that went beyond just a few scientists) is just being denial. In each scenario that I shown you, it wasn't the government that was the real evil, but the people who were neutral in a great moral crisis.

If you want a real life scenario that is exactly like this, okay.

It was a case of a few scientists that they decided to inflict tens of thousands of African Americans with syphilis without telling them what they were doing rather than a thing that was tolerated by a race as a whole(hint: it was).

Still sucks for black people who no longer trust American healthcare anymore and choose to remain adamantly uninsured due to similar instances like this.

I'm not sure how it all went down. If the experiments on the Tasmanians was done secretly (keyword: secretly) then the normal Echidna populace shouldn't be blamed. If they knew all along but did nothing about it (Like normal Germans knowing about what was happening to the Jews in Nazi Germany) then yeah it is their fault. But in the end the scientists were arrested. By the Echidna's government no less. So its not like their people looked at this with apathy or thought it was okay. So I have to disagree with turbojet here. They stopped it but couldn't reverse anything.

Edited by Dejablue

When it comes to game news maybe, but their reports on the comic are much more neutral.

I was just saying overall since it looked like he didn't know about the friction between TSSZ & SSMB + Retro.

why didn't anyone tell me about this before?

Well now you know. avoid anything game related they have to say the comic related is ok and the penders case related is alright since theres no other source reporting on it.

Is it wrong that I want SONIC to be the silver needs to fight instead of Sally? Who knows what Lan has on his mind it'll be fresh if Sonic was the one needed to be stopped. But oh well.

But if it's the man's first name then it would be capitalized (and be L not l), so ultimately that doesn't make sense either.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey......Mina's mom.....that's neat I guess.

And its nice to see Sonic and co travel to Mercia, I've always wondered wanted to see more of that place.

And its nice to see Sonic and co travel to Mercia, I've always wondered wanted to see more of that place.

Edited by Wally Gator

So Mina's mom is getting some screentime? When's the last time we saw her? Around the late 100s?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh yay I get to do it this time!!

Preview for #242, no were not behind Archie treated us to 2 previews today:

son242cr.png

son2421r.png

son2422r.jpg

son2423r.png

son2424r.png

son2425r.png

And GeneHF has the greatest quote for Sonic's zoned out face in pg. 2:

Sonic, in great terror, realizes he's in America.

He now fears for his life considering the amount of deranged Sonic fans within the borders of this country.

Seriously, this whole section can be meme potentional. *hinthint*

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 8

My first impression of this new universe issue is that it's really lame...I'll still be reading it, but I'm not really seeing anything interesting so far.

Its like I'm reading an unreleased issue of the Sonic X comic.

That's exactly what Ian put it like too, he said if he was going to write something like, he was going to have fun with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind guys, its an ATAP story so most likely this is the games' universe were dealing with, comic rules are thrown out the window.

Which I think might be a good idea, don't see this issue being other than a play for laughs. And setting it in " another time another place" zone gives it the " it doesn't matter so lets have fun with everyone " vibe everyone is feeling. Well, it's only an issue. :c

Why is Sonic competing for the USA? Sonic isn't American. Sure the majority of the readers for this issue will be US Americans but is it such a big deal if Sonic competes for his own fictional homeland instead of the country the reader is in? What are they going to be concerned that Sonic is competing against their country? It's especially egregious considering the Mario and Sonic series doesn't have countries in the game, its just one side against another.

Also, whilst we'll have to wait for the full issue to come out it seems as though the USA is the ONLY country represented in the comics. Who are they competing against? You'd think that England would at least be represented considering they were the ones hosting the games. Unless these games are supposed to take place in a fictional location, in which it makes even less sense that the USA is represented.

Edited by Nattala

Whilst I've gotta find it amusing at how blatantly (and poorly) the giant 'USA' was added to the cover (seriously, it doesn't even curve with the structure it's printed/ painted onto), in fairness the Sonic Adventure games and Sonic X are pretty blatantly set in America even if they never say it outright

That said, it would have been much easier for them to just omit any mention of a country. Oh, but I forgot, it's America, where, if the stereotypes are to be believed (and this stunt certainly enforces it), everyone is all 'WE LOVE AMERICA' patriotism.

Glad to see it's basically one of their 'hey, this is pretty much game canon' stories, since they always pull the 'another time/ place' schtick whenever they do a game adaptation, too. It's nice seeing the issue as a spiritual one-off successor to the Sonic X comic.