Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

i just hope they bring out scourge and fiona fox back soon because it looks like mecha knuckles will be beat up as easily as any other metal sonic look alike

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess I'll start reviewing Sonic Universe since not many people consider it mainstream and there is a lot less frustration for me when dealing with Sonic Universe for obvious reasons.

Got Sonic Universe #43 a couple of days ago. At least the arc's finally starting to get interesting.

I've noticed a pattern, really, probably brought on by the four-issue structure of the arcs. They'll usually start off pretty boring, the first two issues will usually be pretty uneventful and dull, it'll pick up a bit in the third part and the finale will usually be quite decent.

Although is it just me, or does it feel more like the main story is happening in Universe right now, and the main series is simply dragging its feet and wasting time while Universe does its thing?

Also, good god, Super Special 4. M:25YL. Why the hell did I buy this shit? It's actually so atrociously, unbearably awful that I can't even bring myself to read the issue. I hated it back during its original run in the comics, and I hate it now. The whole thing is the pinnacle of everything that was wrong with the series under Penders' writing.

Seriously, the whole thing is just stupid teenage family drama and slice of life shit with something vaguely resembling a plot simmering away in the background. Then suddenly, the 'plot' happens in a couple of pages at the end, very little is explained and the whole thing just... ends. More than anything it just feels like an excuse for Penders to peddle his Echidna shit and what he believes Sonic should be like. Why they chose to reprint what is without a doubt the single worst plot from the comics entire run is beyond me.

Edited by -Mark-

Well, at least Ian's one gave my fave Shadow line. "I thanked him 47 times about the head and shoulders. It was a true pleasure." What a badass

Oh yeah, I should probably read his bit.

All I can think of when I see Rotor in this now is how Penders basically wrote with the intent of him and Cobar being a couple. Just... ew. Inter-species ageplay, much? D:

It really is obvious in some bits. I mean, 'with whom I enjoy a close personal relationship' isn't very subtle. Also, could they have made Cobar any uglier? I'm happy Butler changed his style away from this...

25YL is pretty much the single worse thing in Archie Sonic. I hate future arcs in general, but this comes off as a bunch of bullshit. Fuck, I remember a Sonic Universe arc about some Tikal/chaos monster and that was the tip of the iceberg called stupidity. It just caters to SonSal fans about their shipping couple getting married, having kids that should be deformed, and some futuristic perfect city that runs counter to everything they are against which makes the Acorn Kingdom hypocritical as fuck.

Their kids shouldn't even be deformed, they shouldn't exist.Inter-species breeding isn't possible unless the animals are very similar (i.e. lions and tigers can breed successfully), but even then the offspring will be infertile.

Yes, okay, I know it's just a comic.

Also, the fact that the kids are such blatant copypastas of their parents. And the fact that at least 80% of all the characters in M:25YL are fucking echidnas. Penders and his goddamned echidna obsession, I swear. He really didn't pay much attention to Knuckles' whole 'last of 'em' schtick, did he?

EDIT: Even though I've only skimmed it, I did notice Ian's part misspelled Cobar as 'Cobor', too.

My brother and I also decided that this needs to be a meme;

photo-1.jpg

I was just bitching about how shit M:25YL was and saw that image. That image sums up my feelings on the story entirely.

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 3

lions and tigers can breed successfully

HOLY GODDAMN FUCK

but even then the offspring will be infertile

Oh thank God.

• Thumbs Up 6

HOLY GODDAMN FUCK

Ways to tell if people haven't heard of Ligers; #1. Well...

Also, Abby IS a meme...sort of. Mainly for being so un-Sonic in design compared to the other characters. Hence why she's known in Archie-devoted circles as the Photo-Realistic Koala Maid.

Though the idea of Sonic and Sally having kids is silly in and of itself, im honestly kinda confused how people are complaining they look to much like their parents.

Umm yeah, isnt that usually how it is? Especially with animals?

Edited by Soniman

Have never read 25YL, but from the sounds of it, it sounds like the "2006 level of bad" of the comics.

I did read the universe arc and it was pretty good. It is just an alternate universe just like how the Supreme Ruler Enerjak universe was an alternate as well. Tikalchaos was just a real WTF though...

And the 'lot of you need to just chill and remember that this is a comic book about video game characters, you shouldn't be trying to inject realism into all this.

And the 'lot of you need to just chill and remember that this is a comic book about video game characters, you shouldn't be trying to inject realism into all this.

You also shouldn't inject pure, elephant-grade shit into it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think they tried to justify the whole "offspring look like parents" and "Gender equals species" rubbish with the way Mobian genetics are. Except that this is a cop-out because Rob's and Mari-an's son is an Echidna like his mother and Li Moon's species was morphed into that of a Fox despite the fact that she was a Tiger in her first appearances.

Explain what you mean?

While I agree that the last thing we should be arguing about is the impossibility of hedgehog/chipmunk babies, a lot of people here are probably outraged just by how horrible an idea the 25yrs arc was.

You know, despite how terrible the original M25yl is, I still want to get Super Special 4, if only so I can say I finally own the entire saga, and a clear cut representation how just utterly awful the comics were.

Edited by Soniman

While I agree that the last thing we should be arguing about is the impossibility of hedgehog/chipmunk babies, a lot of people here are probably outraged just by how horrible an idea the 25yrs arc was.

Which what I was sort of agreeing to but can't give a full opinion since I never read the stupid arc.

Don't have any intent to either. Want to avoid as much of pender's mess as possible.

Edited by goku262002

Ways to tell if people haven't heard of Ligers; #1. Well...

Also, Abby IS a meme...sort of. Mainly for being so un-Sonic in design compared to the other characters. Hence why she's known in Archie-devoted circles as the Photo-Realistic Koala Maid.