Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just got these two in the post;

4ACAAB2E-4593-49EF-9C4A-6077142DF762-1323-000000C6AECE7F20.jpg

I really have no idea why I even bought Super Special 4. Mobius 25 Years Later was without a doubt the single worst piece of shit Penders ever wrote. And this just reminded me even more of why the series used to suck so hard;

84252220-3E63-4274-BD78-F55B8BCC7C75-1323-000000C6BFEDACFE.jpg

Seriously, I'm so glad Penders and his shitty furry/echidna fetish are long gone from the comic now.

Yeah, back when i got those issues I thought it was so cool how sonic and co were grown ups. Now when I look back I realized how absolutely retarded and UnSonic they really were. Seriously replace all the game Sonic characters with random furry personas and you wouldnt even fucking know it was a Sonic comic in the first place.

Though to be fair, Ian's versions of 25/30 Years Later was at least somewhat decent.

Edited by Soniman

Solicits are out. Not the covers, though.

"Sonic the Hedgehog #243 (W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley, Matt Herms

'Endangered Species,' Part 1. Sonic and Team Fighters have arrived at Albion, ancestral homeland of the echidnas. And it's under siege! It's up to our heroes to stop Lien-Da's forces from conquering the war-torn city. But that will be hard when Metal Knuckles arrives!"

"Sonic Universe #46 (W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Stephen Downer & Various

'All For One,' Part 1. Months ago, Mighty and Ray went on a quest to find Mighty's sister. Now the Chaotix have grown worried for their missing friends, so they're off to investigate! Will they pick up the trail in Mercia? Or will the Dark Egg Legion close our heroes' investigation early?"

Time for Aquaslash to mark stuff on his calendar.

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, looks like Knuckles is coming in for the action...as is someone else. Somebody get your earplugs because Aquaslash is gonna be squeeling over this.

Man you gotta love what Eggy's doing these days.

Sending M. Knux to terrorize Albion?! Haha, its too perfect for words. You get the shock factor and everything.

That cover reminds me of the old days of the comic, where Sonic and Knuckles could barely say two words to each other before they started kicking the shit out of each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impressions from seeing the #240 spoilers.

Okay, this Metal business is getting fucking ridiculous. Sure, it's nice that team Freedom got some focus for a change, but that's three bots destroyed in one issue, even AFTER the ominous shot of two of them some time back. Build them up like that, only to have Metal Sonic, Metal Tails and Metal Amy turn up for half an issue before being destroyed? Come off it!

1227248_ful.jpg

Holy shit it's Albion and a Knuckles arc? It's about time. What's it been, since before #200?

I haven't been keeping up lately but there's all this backstory on the Forgotten Wars now or something?

Albion and Mercia were both the sites of the Forgotten Wars. Oooh this is going somewhere good.

Impressions from seeing the #240 spoilers.

Okay, this Metal business is getting fucking ridiculous. Sure, it's nice that team Freedom got some focus for a change, but that's three bots destroyed in one issue, even AFTER the ominous shot of two of them some time back. Build them up like that, only to have Metal Sonic, Metal Tails and Metal Amy turn up for half an issue before being destroyed? Come off it!

I fucking called this shit months ago, I knew they were going to be fodder.

I fucking called this shit months ago, I knew they were going to be fodder.

Hate to say I told you so, but...

kanye-west-i-told-you-so.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Badniks can be rebuilt guys, do you really think there going to toss them aside after 1 issue?! were on Metal Sonic #2271 here! Sonic even makes jokes about this when hes fighting Silver Sonic. C'mon really, don't be so shaken up over something soo common.

Badniks can be rebuilt guys, do you really think there going to toss them aside after 1 issue?! were on Metal Sonic #2271 here! Sonic even makes jokes about this when hes fighting Silver Sonic. C'mon really, don't be so shaken up over something soo common.

No, he introduced them over 7 months ago, and hyped them up as this big badass squad then used them as fodder, why the hell would you intro these characters if they're just going to be used as stepping stones? It's annoying, and just terrible writing in general.

To play both sides here, they were just mk. I's so they could probably just not have the raw battle experence to win. But then again Eggman should've had enough raw battle data from fighting them over the years to have them be at least a somewhat challenge.

Hmm, conflicting...

Please, the way the were hyped I highly doubt that this is thier only appearence.

Have you seen how many times Eggman rebuilt Metal Sonic?

Please, the way the were hyped I highly doubt that this is thier only appearence.

Yeah, and he's still no better than the average mook; he poses literally no threat at all to the heroes, and he explodes in almost all of his appearances, sooooo intimidating,.

Metal Sonic has been fought so many times that I'd assume defeating him comes as second nature now.

Though I'll just wait for the full to read the full issue before I judge this fully.

Yeah, and he's still no better than the average mook; he poses literally no threat at all to the heroes, and he explodes in almost all of his appearances, sooooo intimidating,.

Well, he almost killed Antoine like that.

Metal Sonic has been fought so many times that I'd assume defeating him comes as second nature now.

And yet Eggman has taken several levels in badass, kinda speaks volumes doesn't it.

Considering that Eggman has used Mecha Sally in every battle as if she was his greatest fucking creation ever and not Metal Sonic(who is the one creation of his that actually garnered any success), Metal Tails, or Metal Knuckles since they appeared ad he has had plenty of opportunities to actually use them(Hell, Sonic would have a hell of a lot more trouble if Eggman would send them out to cause havoc in multiple cities), then that is not an excuse to not use any of them. And Metal Sonic has never been this easy to defeat. It took Shadow multiple issues and multiple parallel dimension jumps to beat. When Antoine was nearly killed, Sonic was struggling against MS which made it why Antoine had to intervene. Metal Sonic should not have been an average mook and the Metal squad should have been Eggman's perky minion squad to be a legit threat against Sonic, Amy, and Tails like I expect Metal Knuckles to be.

• Thumbs Up 1