Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The citizens are faceless. They're background and they're a tool to make the place a place. Turbo they fight to save their world. A handful of furries versus a fat man with no background noise is the games. You have to deepen the arc just a little bit. Starting from a blank slate would only come back here again. I feel this way about most reset buttons. I agree with you though, Ian's nano-city creation is a crap idea of a permanent home. I miss Knothole actually.

Edited by American Ristar

I could kinda get what Turbojet is saying through. I do want to see more of Mobius, rather than the same old city over and over again and places we've seen multiple times already, ESPECIALLY regions and areas/facilities based off the games.

But I doubt the city is gonna be completely wiped, through we'll have to wait for the Secret Freedom Fighters arc first, being that it takes place in the city. Naugus's little spell over the citizens emotions is fading out, and he's likely planning something nasty.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I could kinda get what Turbojet is saying through. I do want to see more of Mobius, rather than the same old city over and over again and places we've seen multiple times already, ESPECIALLY regions and areas/facilities based off the games.

Well we're already in the midst of doing that.

Sonic went from New Mobotropolis, to Furville, and then to Shazamazon. Heck, Eggman already takes us back to the United Federations and then to the Dragon Kingdom. Heck, Sonic has also went to the polar regions where Rotor's family is. I'd love to see more of the world, but there's no problem having a main city to go back to every once in a while.

I'd like to see regions based on Africa, the Middle East, and Europe besides the damn Mercia province. Mercia hasn't been explored in depth but it was fun when they visited there. I think the Mobian Jungle might be in Africa, and I used to think Sandblast was in the Middle East because Knuckles walked there (wandered a while) from the Dragon Kingdom, but apparently it's more a diesel punk New Vegas outpost. Also can we get another main Mobian city aside from what we got? There's gotta be another city on the North American continent. Sonic is like in the lower Midwest, located like around where St. Louis is at. There's no east or west coast settlements? Robotropolis was in the north I think, maybe about Chicago area? Overland may have been the northeast, parts of Canada. All that other space was just ruined by the Robotnik war? Seriously aside from Furville (lol) and Sandblast there is nothing else?

09.jpg

To be honest....to me Steve seems to be slacking for the fact that he is forced to adapt a different style to match yardley's. His artwork is inconsistent because he doesn't like it. He is showing less love for his work now and is just drawing simply to keep his job.

Seriously, it speaks in the art....there are just some blatant mistakes that are being done that should have been fixed in conception.

I also blame the Inker....the inker's job is to bring out the best from the pencils....and fix mistakes they make. The Inker here just seems not to give a fuck either.

Edited by Voyant

The art is pretty good in the Sonic comics, but I think that the comics stray too far from the games in terms of story, enviornment, and (some) characters. They are fun to read, but they have just about nothing to do with the games.

The question is: Is that a bad thing?

The art is pretty good in the Sonic comics, but I think that the comics stray too far from the games in terms of story, enviornment, and (some) characters. They are fun to read, but they have just about nothing to do with the games.

The question is: Is that a bad thing?

No?

It's a comic that was loosely based on the SatAM cartoon, that was extremely loosely based off the games.

You should have already gathered by now that the comic is its own continuity and universe. Making mininmal connections to the games unless Sega wants Archie to do an adaption.

There are some instances where the game canon comes into contact with Archies Universe.

Like Blaze coming from an alternate dimension. Silver being a Time traveler.

Heck I don't think those two have got the green light to meet each other yet.

No offense, bro.

But that was a silly question.

Edited by Alice Twilight

Well we're already in the midst of doing that.

Sonic went from New Mobotropolis, to Furville, and then to Shazamazon. Heck, Eggman already takes us back to the United Federations and then to the Dragon Kingdom. Heck, Sonic has also went to the polar regions where Rotor's family is. I'd love to see more of the world, but there's no problem having a main city to go back to every once in a while.

The places you just mentioned were already seen several times already, I'm talking about New and exotic locales, like seeing Oil Ocean in the Sandblast region, it's fresh.

To be honest....to me Steve seems to be slacking for the fact that he is forced to adapt a different style to match yardley's. His artwork is inconsistent because he doesn't like it. He is showing less love for his work now and is just drawing simply to keep his job.

Seriously, it speaks in the art. there are just some blatant mistakes that are being done that should have been fixed in conception.

I also blame the Inker. the inker's job is to bring out the best from the pencils and fix mistakes they make. The Inker here just seems not to give a fuck either.

Or could've just been an off day, who knows. Quality Control let it pass though so I guess it was alright with them.

I'm sure the forced mandate probably pisses allot of older artists off who liked drawing their own way in the comics. but they really shouldn't lash it out on their works...

Or could've just been an off day, who knows. Quality Control let it pass though so I guess it was alright with them.

I'm sure the forced mandate probably pisses allot of older artists off who liked drawing their own way in the comics. but they really shouldn't lash it out on their works...

You would be surprised how common it is. Professionalism can only go so far...comic work...is indeed an art form.

I actually liked the art work in this comic and the fact the art work has started to stay consistent has made it even better. I hated reading some of the earlier issues with the terrible art work.

The art in the comics could be A LOT worse than it looks today, for example when Sanford did the cover of 212 or the disastrous special when Sonic fought Nagus which just looked awful. Even when they had Renae do 198 it looked off slightly. I feel the comic has gotten a lot better in terms of Art and Steven is doing pretty well. I actually think Ben in one of the weaker links- in terms of Sonic and co he's fine but the Overlanders need a bit more work.

The only humans/Overlanders that Bates done were Eggman and Snively, and those are bad examples cause their more on the cartoony side.

He never drew any other human before in the book.

A Bean Sonic Universe arc would be the single greatest thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Bean Sonic Universe arc would be the single greatest thing ever.

I'm waiting on Ray and Mighty it's about time they had one

I'm waiting on Ray and Mighty it's about time they had one

They keep hinting at one in the off-panels even in the recent #237. So it may be an upcoming Universe arc soon, Would love for Mighty and Ray's little adventure to be explained.

The Genesis saga has been translated in French and the first of two books has been released this week. Yes, I'm surprised that they picked that saga first... anyway, I bought my copy today.

Here are a few scans.

59479881.jpg

Hello random cast...

48330091.jpg

93680395.jpg

16750068.jpg

40384337.jpg

The first two parts are in it and they added the first two pages of the third part as a preview. The second book will be released in November.

After reading it, I'll say that the translation is quite good. Antoine's accent has been replaced by a form of politeness especially towards Sally. I mean, instead of saying "tu" (the familiar version of "you"), he says "vous" (the polite version of "you", the one you use towards someone you don't know or someone higher than you, like a king or teacher.)

• Thumbs Up 1

This just means we were right to think Genesis was a reboot targeted to incoming readers, not a reboot to reset the storyline. Introducing the FFs in a game setting (as capsule animals no less) was slick move Ian Flynn.

No. As I said, it's surprising. France got a few random Sonic X issues, but nothing from the main series.

Ah, I missed that. That's cool for France. Can't imagine that happening here.

As I said, Blackbell, they kept the references to the main story.

It's funny because they translated "Scrap Brain zone" as "La zone de ferraille des cerveaux", but they kept "Robotropolis" and "New Megalopolis".

Edited by Adamis Fox

I always wondered about Scrap Brain, the name.

It's like a computer brain right, like a control center? When I was a kid I always imagined it was a brain disposal facility, which is probably more dark than Robotnik was intended to be. So does that name translate to French?

No. As I said, it's surprising. France got a few random Sonic X issues, but nothing from the main series.

Edited by Blackbell

I always wondered about Scrap Brain, the name.

It's like a computer brain right, like a control center? When I was a kid I always imagined it was a brain disposal facility, which is probably more dark than Robotnik was intended to be. So does that name translate to French?

Lol, in the second Genesis issue, Sonic himself said. "Seriously? "Scrap Brain"? What does that even mean?"

Well Sonic, that's a question for you to be asking your creators. XD