Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

There is a spoiler for #231 up on Bumbleking already, this issue has some major events go down it seems.

Major spoilers follow.

Eggman releases Titan Metal Sonic on New Mobo along with a small Tails Doll who Cream is toting around.

Bunnie is partially crystallized during the fight by a reckless strike from Naugus, ala King Max in old old issues.

Naugus saves the day and is appreciated by the people.

Death Egg escapes with Sally and it turns out the city is no longer Nanites (I think).

Edited by Remington

Also, noting how Ian loves to add in certain characters from the series, will he ever add in one of the two gizoids we know and love from Battle and Advance 3 respectively?

Edited by Immortheus

Boop.

"SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #234

Written by Ian Flynn, art and cover by Terry Austin and various.

Sonic and the Freedom Fighters have one missions: see Elias and his family leave the city safely. That'll be hard to do as Dr. Eggman attacks with his latest, most loathsom weapon to date! In such a high-stakes mission, even the unthinkable can happen.

32 pages, $2.99."

sonicuniverse37.jpg

"SONIC UNIVERSE #37

Written by Ian Flynn, art and cover by Jamal Peppers and various.

"Scrambled," Part 1. Dr. Eggman is knocked for a loop when the treacherous Snively tries to disrupt the entire Eggman Empire! What is Snively's true ultimate goal? And can Dr. Eggman pull his forces back in line before it's too late? Also featured: the debut of Orbot and Cubot!

32 pages, $2.99."

Um... I'm unsure how to feel about Scrambled. It's not exactly an Eggman Arc. Also Orbot and Cubot? Oh dear. This isn't going to be an Arc I like.

Um... I'm unsure how to feel about Scrambled. It's not exactly an Eggman Arc. Also Orbot and Cubot? Oh dear. This isn't going to be an Arc I like.

Shit, I feel the exact opposite. This is the exact pick me up I need after being distraught after Orbot and Cubot's recent shafting in Generations

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shit, I feel the exact opposite. This is the exact pick me up I need after being distraught after Orbot and Cubot's recent shafting in Generations

Well after a few minutes of actually thinking about it, I guess it could be cool. I mean, I still don't like Cubot. Orbot's okay with his Colurs personality but Cubot does annoy me. Also I think if they try their stuff from Colours on THIS Eggman, he ain't gonna be so kind to them as the games Eggman. Also, gotta love Lien da's "I don't give a toss" look.

Eggman arc? Eggman arc?!

Awww, yeah! I'm so ready. I'm beyond ready. This is going to be SO. AWESOME.

Also, hooray for Orbot and Cubot!

It's times like this that remind me of why I still keep up with Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yay! Dr. Robotnik's getting his own Sonic Universe story arc. Plus all his Dark Egg Legion Grandmasters are on the cover.

I can't wait!

Edited by Darkfox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yay! Dr. Robotnik's getting his own Sonic Universe story arc. Plus all his Dark Egg Legion Grandmasters are on the cover.

I can't wait!

Eh...it sounds more like a slightly different version of Treasure Team Tango. A bunch of characters going after a single target (or targets in this case), Eggman seems to be there for just set up really.

Eh...it sounds more like a slightly different version of Treasure Team Tango. A bunch of characters going after a single target (or targets in this case), Eggman seems to be there for just set up really.

Considering the whole "and can Dr. Eggman pull his forces back in line before it's too late?" thing plus, Orbot and Cubot debuting, I'm pretty sure Eggman's not just going to be set up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know- The title, "Scrambled," seems like a deliberate reference to Eggman himself in this case. And the synopsis asks "can Dr. Eggman pull his forces back in line before it's too late?" Which- to me- implies he'll get a lot of story focus.

The presence of Orbot and Cubot also suggests he'll be getting some focus, as they seem to exist just to share amusing dialog with Dr. Eggman.

I'm thinking this will be an Eggman-centric arc, based on what we know about it so far, and if that's indeed the case, I'm so hyped for it.

YES, YES, YES. An Eggman arc? Orbot & Cubot? Considering Eggman is the only part of this book that makes it worth reading, this makes me very happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, after reading he description more carefully, yeah, Im probably wrong. Can't wait for this arc either

• Thumbs Up 2

Its going to be fucking awesome. I wonder what massive threat Eggman has unleashed in the main series?....Mecha Sally?

Its going to be fucking awesome. I wonder what massive threat Eggman has unleashed in the main series?....Mecha Sally?

If you want to know it's

Titian Metal Sonic

Edited by Soniman032-

If you want to know it's

Titian Metal Sonic

Actually, it's probably not as...

TMS was crystallized by Naugus in #231. I suppose Eggman could send out another, but that'd be repetitive.

Hey guys look at the Grandmasters. Counter-clockwise, the ones we can recognize and some we can't:

Razorklaw, Soumerca. Green man, unknown. Bill Platypus, Downunda. Purple Snake, unknown. Lien-Da, Megaopolis. Beauregard Rabbot, Great Desert. Drago, Soumerca. Conquering Storm, Dragon Kingdom.

Some notes. The green man looks like a Nerb, the underground race of nerd creatures from the joke days. If this is in fact a Nerb it means Ian is bringing back more old material and the DEL have an underground contingent.

The snake looks like Trey Scales, the traitor of the Original Freedom Fighters. Scales is supposed to be dead.

Bill is a plant, and loyal to a free Downunda. Missing is Akhlut, the killer whale from the Northern Tundra.

Edited by Dabnikz

The green man is indeed a Nerb. the Cobra is not Trey Scales, but just a entirely new character, Trey is long gone.

Mr. Flynn also said their are even more Grandmasters not seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Missing is Akhlut, the killer whale from the Northern Tundra.

Actually, you can sort of see fins behind Robotnik there. That might be Akhlut.

... Although I have no idea why he seems to have shrunken down, and is inside of a spiky... box... thing.

Eggman Arc?

Eggman Arc.

EGGMAN ARC.

EGGMAN ARC!

That's not right, I must be drunk. I've coulda sworn it was an arc to Baldy McNosehair.

• Thumbs Up 4

An Eggman arc? That's cool. More interesting than the Rogues.. And Snively betrayed him again. Can't wait to see what's going on there..

And I still want my Mighty arc. Poor guy still needs to find Matilda. Thinking about it, we could see more about that in this arc. She was in the DEL..

So I haven't posted here in awhile and lo and behold, an Eggman arc with the Bride of Conquering Storm? There is no fucking way anybody can screw this up.

What I find interesting about the petition is that it makes no mention of who should take the license should Sega drop Archie like they want. It's basically "Have someone else do it other than Archie cause they can't possibly be any worse." Pffft. I'll bet you that if Marvel take the initiative, they would screw over Sonic's story with even worse decisions than what Archie's done, restart the series with Ultimate Sonic then screw that up by killing Sonic off.

Fuck. You had to reopen these wounds?

*shakes fists*QUESADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2