Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Huh, from what I've heard of SU#30, it sounds like it's retreading Journey to the East, in a way.

How so?

For the first time in SDCC's history, Archie's Sonic has a panel at Comic Con! (Been waiting 15 years of attending Comic-Con for this to happen.)

11:00-12:00 Archie Comics: Building a Video Game Comic Legacy with Sonic and Mega Man— For years, Archie has crafted a detailed, epic and exciting comic universe around Sonic the Hedgehog and the many wonderful characters that populate the universe of the SEGA character. Now Archie has added a Mega Man series to the fold -- featuring the compelling detailed universe of the bestselling video game series. Join writer Ian Flynn (Sonic, the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Mega Man), editor Paul Kaminski (Sonic, Mega Man), Archie president Mike Pellerito, and executive director of publicity and marketing Alex Segura for a discussion that promises to be full of big Sonic and Mega Man news, teasers, artwork, and more. Room 32AB

I really need to attend this so I can report it for TSS. The only problem? It ends a mere half-hour before a Dr. Who panel across the building with Matt smith and Karen Gillian in person!! Hopefully, my brother can hold my place in line for that.

How so?

Well, my source has said that certain stuff happens. While there is a bit where he talks to someone else about prison stuff, it seems to me that Scourge has to earn back the Destructix's trust by finding them, speaking to them, finding out their reasons for turning their back on him and convincing them to trust him again by promising certain things related to their exposition. It'll certainly be damn awkward when it's Lightning Lynx's turn for expositing (I can say that two of the Destructix are given background in this issue, and Lightning Lynx isn't one of them). Hopefully, it's just JttE abridged, since #32 looks like there's some break-out action as opposed to exposition.

My copy of SU #30 just arrived and I'll be providing my usual summary once the preview pages are up. :)

My copy of SU #30 just arrived and I'll be providing my usual summary once the preview pages are up. :)

Glad to hear dude. :D Also any thoughts on how this arc will end?

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Well, my source has said that certain stuff happens. While there is a bit where he talks to someone else about prison stuff, it seems to me that Scourge has to earn back the Destructix's trust by finding them, speaking to them, finding out their reasons for turning their back on him and convincing them to trust him again by promising certain things related to their exposition. It'll certainly be damn awkward when it's Lightning Lynx's turn for expositing (I can say that two of the Destructix are given background in this issue, and Lightning Lynx isn't one of them). Hopefully, it's just JttE abridged, since #32 looks like there's some break-out action as opposed to exposition.

Out of all the Destructrix, LL has the most background since his whole entire reason in joining is revenge on his former clan. It would be pointless to add any more than that, right?

Scourge has made it clear that he's going to talk to all four of the core Destructix to find out their backgrounds and regain their trust, so he's certainly going to be given more background.

I read #226 and I think it sucks. It's like if Ian penned the mini-series instead of Gallagher or whoever it was back then. It's not bad. But it's not interesting or clever either, it's been done and it's so obviously the new reader pick up point I hate to have to retread all this just for sales. Hell the Sonic X comic did this in issue #11 or something.

I read #226 and I think it sucks. It's like if Ian penned the mini-series instead of Gallagher or whoever it was back then. It's not bad. But it's not interesting or clever either, it's been done and it's so obviously the new reader pick up point I hate to have to retread all this just for sales. Hell the Sonic X comic did this in issue #11 or something.

Most likely with a successful escape attempt by Scourge and LOTS of character development for the Suppression Squad, surprisingly enough.

The Suppression Squad? Really? o.o Why'd you think that? Or did you mean the Destructix, as they're all getting their histories developed?

The Suppression Squad? Really? o.o Why'd you think that? Or did you mean the Destructix, as they're all getting their histories developed?

Oh, CRUD! Yeah, that's who I meant!

:P I get all of these groups of superpowered multi-colored animals confused! It's REALLY hard to keep these guys straight when you're reading a comic on three hours of sleep. :lol:

Edited by chaoscontrol14

That's okay, chaoscontrol14... I forgive you for getting my hopes up (; One day I'll get my continuation of that arc/story... *sigh*

For the first time in SDCC's history, Archie's Sonic has a panel at Comic Con! (Been waiting 15 years of attending Comic-Con for this to happen.)

I really need to attend this so I can report it for TSS. The only problem? It ends a mere half-hour before a Dr. Who panel across the building with Matt smith and Karen Gillian in person!! Hopefully, my brother can hold my place in line for that.

Oooh! Yes! Make it so! That would make for an awesome report!

Most likely with a successful escape attempt by Scourge and LOTS of character development for the Destructix, surprisingly enough.

Uuuurgh. Why does Archie constantly take down the international subscriptions from their site? xO

Just got my missing issues from Archie after I contacted them about it, as well as getting the new Universe issue so I ended up with three issues today. Archie's inconsistent shipping schedule has been annoying me a lot.

Sonic Universe #29

The recent Scourge Arc's first issue in Sonic Universe exceeded my expectations and it was a pretty great read. I was surprised it tackled some pretty mature points about how far Scourge has broken down in his new prison life and made use of many of the characters here, from forgotten characters like Al and Cal to Scourge himself. The cameos were quite delicious too.

Sonic Universe #30

The second issue focused more on the Destructix as they desperately needed the backstory. I always liked that Spaz designed them all those years ago and they ended up with some really neat designs, for they were able to blend right into the games quite easily. It unfortunately felt like more of a waste as they have never been given an opportunity to actually flesh out these characters so I'm all the more thankful that we are getting them than not getting them at all. Despite the fact that it seemed like a weird place to call about that here, but thankful, nonetheless. There is also a Bumbleking meme featured is this issue and I lol'd hard when I saw it.

also, this is the best thing:

SU30_op-1.png

Sonic #226

Sonic Genesis is rather ho-hum in comparison as the plot proceeding it, I feel, is kinda diminishing Genesis' presence. Not that the story was all that bad, but it would have worked much better as either a separate condensed storyline, or as a Sonic Universe arc.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

Be careful not to post the SU#30 stuff on Bumbleking; the preview pages STILL haven't come out.

Hmm... well I don't have an account on Bumbleking, I just lurk there sometimes. :P

I also think It's kinda silly to prevent people from talking about something they already own legitimately, especially since they can just spoiler tag it, as they usually do over there. But then again, I don't have an account there, so...

Well, sometimes (and I say that loosely, it's been happening a lot since around #223...) people get the issue about ten days before the issue is available at the comic stands, and well before the preview pages come out. Usually people are allowed to discuss it once the preview pages come out, meaning that they only have to wait three days while they discuss things other peple won't get for a week. I'd say that's fair on those who don't want to be spoiled just because they don't have a subscription. :)

The situation with SU#30 however, is a different story. People have had the issue for a week now, the issue comes to the stand on the 20th, and yet Archie hasn't put the preview pages up yet again. The discussion embargo is trying everyone's patience on Bumbleking, and I suspect Ian and his motley crew are at wit's end getting to the bottom of it.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Here's an update on the "Archie vs Penders" case.

This comes from BobR who is Pender's right hand man. You can find this on Penders forum.

Not much to talk about nor what we can talk about now. The process continues. There was the reporting about the court's denial of Ken's request to move the trial to California in the TSSZ News. Somewhat less reported on, though still interesting, was the judge's denial of Archie's request for summary judgement. (In other words, declare Archie the winner without even holding a trial.) Denial usually indicates the judge feels there was enough evidence presented that warrants a trial. So the court case is now in what's known as the discovery phase, where each side makes demands for materials to support their position from the other side. I'm not 100% certain, but I think the next court date is sometime in October. And that's about all I have to report on.
Edited by Darkfox