Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I may be a bit late, but I just got 226 today.

I was thoroughly impressed! Kind of upset now that this will only be a temporary fixchange and that everything will return to normal come #230... or will it? I kind of hope some things pass onto the comics from now on, such as the simpler and more franchise-accurate environments and art style, and the more welcoming feel that this comic seemed to have that other Archie comics haven't had in a long time, if ever before (in a serious manner of course, because the first 20 or so issues don't count).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Is it me, or does it look like Sally Merged with Nicole? I wouldn't put it pass Ian to do something like that.

I hope not! I like Nicole more than Sally.

And what would happen to my EspioxNicole ship?._.

Solicits;

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #230

"...Two Steps Back" & "SONIC GENERATIONS": "Genesis" may be over, but Sonic's 20th Anniversary celebration parties on! As the Genesis Epilogue unfolds, the Death Egg II still menaces New Mobotropolis, and Dr. Eggman has one more sinister trick up his sleeve. It's a desperate race against time as Sonic and Sally try to prevent another world catastrophe, and the ending will leave you speechless. Also featuring a very special SONIC GENERATIONS video game story!

Script: Ian Flynn.

Art: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

Shipping Date: 10/19/11

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 11/2/11

On Sale on Newsstands: 11/9/11

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

SONIC UNIVERSE #33

"Babylon Rising" Part One: The Babylon Rogues have been searching for their long-lost ancestral city of Babylon Garden. Now, deep in the forgotten ruins of the Gigan Mountains, they find their first solid lead! But will they survive to put their new-found knowledge to use? And what does the Battle Bird Armada have to say about all this? Don't miss the beginning of this thrilling saga written by legendary Sonic penciller Tracy Yardley!

Script: Tracy Yardley!

Art: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Steve Downer and Phil Felix

Cover by Tracy Yardley! & Ben Hunzeker

Shipping Date: 10/5/11

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 10/19/11

On Sale on Newsstands: 10/26/11

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yardley's writing? Has he ever written Sonic before? Or anything? I'd like to know if he has written anything, how it was..

Edited by Marcellof

I think he wrote some issues of Sonic X, and he has his own series called "Riding Shotgun" but I don't know anything about it.

Obvious reference to Gigan Rocks from Zero Gravity in #33's solicit.

#230 pretty much confirms Sally is alive. Whoop-de-doo.

-_-

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Obvious reference to Gigan Rocks from Zero Gravity in #33's solicit.

#230 pretty much confirms Sally is alive. Whoop-de-doo.

-_-

Flynn loves Sally way too much(...)

Who doesn't? :P

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, yeah, it was a given that she she wouldn't be killed off permenantly. I'm just relieved that "SALLY IZ DEAD! SHE DON'T DESERVE TO BE DEAD!" can be put to rest now.

I hope.

:blink:

Though im very fond of the game oriented setting they are going with, I do hope that they dont keep it, id be a shame to throw away nearly 20 years of world building just to please the game crowd, hell, some people who never follow the comics, are only buying this arc beacuse they follow the games' setting.

I just think its kinda pointless. Its good for novelty's sake, but I dont want it sticking around

I just want the comic to actually take a RISK, but we still don't know if she's gonna stay alive. If he really wants to jerk people's chains........ he'll kill her in 230. I don't care either way but we all just have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to 230 tho, only cause I wanna see how it's gonna be handled. But throwing Metal sonic in the fight is over kill....... I'm more of the silver sonic fan in 225. :/

Considering that in Bumbleking Ian said that so far no-one managed to guess what's happening in 230, I'm betting it's a bit more complex than simply SALLY'S ALIVE YAY NAY.

I hope that Sally is ok in issue 230. I feel that she's too important to the book to lose.

I hope that Sally is ok in issue 230. I feel that she's too important to the book to lose.

Yes, you've only said this about a THOUSAND times.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I don;t like Sally, it's mary sues like her that ruin the book for me. Especially when Amy is a far more important female character than she is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don;t like Sally, it's mary sues like her that ruin the book for me. Especially when Amy is a far more important female character than she is.

But Amy is not, in fact, a more important female character than Sally in Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog. If you enjoy Amy as a main female lead, there are several canons in which she is the most prominent female cast member. But that simply isn't the case for Archie, in which Sally is, and has always been, the lead female.

Love Sally or hate her, it's simply false to say she's less important than Amy in the comics. You may prefer Amy, but Amy is far less important than Sally in the comic.

(This isn't a statement of personal preference - I do love Sally, but I'm also fond of Amy ♥)

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the 30 Years later story canon or just a spin-off?

If it is, then surely Sally can't die, since she is present in the future, or am I missing something?

Is the 30 Years later story canon or just a spin-off?

If it is, then surely Sally can't die, since she is present in the future, or am I missing something?

It's a possible future, not the definite future.

Oh ok, thank you, I haven't read the comics from the beginning, only a few, so I'm missing out.

So what? Don't be so pissy. People were talking about Sally's being dead or live. He's allowed to say he doesn't want her dead if he wants to.

I don't care if he wants to keep her alive, but he's been saying the same thing ever since 225 was announced, we already know he wants her alive, he doesn't have to say the same thing in every single one of his post on the subject.

Especially considering the very questionable absence of Amy...*cough*suicide*cough*

• Thumbs Up 1