Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Nice to see another alternate Eggman as the Warden. Also, another Monty Python reference! Someone at Archie must be a fan! XD

Looks pretty neat so far, though I don't quite get how having his quills clipped would automatically leave Scourge powerless since he would still have his speed and stuff. Then again I suppose if he acted in defense he's much more likely to be tackle and man-handled by any of the overseeing Cops.

Also has anyone got the impression that Warden Zeggman is going to be conducting secret experiments on inmates, Zonic catches wind of this and is forced to team up with Scourge when things all go to hell (making him the unlikely ally). The way things look so far already gives me this impression.

...Des anyone wonder if it was actually Warden Zeggman who was shown in the background of Issue 31's cover now? :V

Look how the mighty have fallen :lol:

I think they made Scourge a sitting duck with the collar. The collar suppresses all of his abilities, so he can't really defend himself anymore.

Hahaha... oh... wow. I love Scourge, but yeah, wow, seeing him being shoved around like a runt being picked on by a bunch of schoolyard bullies is just... oh man. He looks so miserable and peeved but also so resigned to his fate. How the mighty have fallen.

I can't help but notice what seems like almost yet another deliberate hammering home of the point that Scourge is more than just 'evil Sonic', that he's essentially a different character from the Sonic 'knock-off' that Penders originally created. I know it's just a recap, but the emphasis is strong on that aspect again.

Also, is it just me, or is Scourge a rather odd shade of near-turquoise here? I'm hoping it's just a fluke with the scanning resolution, but he looks very blue-green to me.

Finally, am I the only one kind of slightly disturbed by the Egg-warden close-up panel? ^^;

Edit on "how the mighty have fallen": Oh lol. I wrote this before I saw your post, Verte... Get out of mah brain XD;;

Whoop! Speak of the devil! My copy of SU #29 just arrived! Expect my usual summary once I'm finished reading it. :)

Edit: And yes, Warden Eggman's name is Zobotnik. :)

Also:

HOLY CRAP, ROCKSTEADY AND BEBOP ARE INMATES IN ZONE PRISON!

:D AND MEPHILES AND VOID MAKE AN APPEARANCE! Mephiles even says "dude", for god's sake! XD
Edited by chaoscontrol14

I am waiting for the summary with bated breath and cursing the fact that I can't get hold of this comic from where I am ;_;

Looking pretty dang awesome. Especially the cameos.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Chaoscontrol, can you please show us a picture of Mephiles and Evil Big, please? :)

Chaoscontrol, can you please show us a picture of Mephiles and Evil Big, please? :)

Sure thing! Here ya go:

249417_167277186669460_100001615403873_438565_2168772_n.jpg

248828_167277216669457_100001615403873_438566_3232634_n.jpg

Read that in Dan Green's awesome voice and it becomes friggin' HILARIOUS. XD

Plus, as a bonus, here's Bebop and Rocksteady's cameo and the Off-Panel featuring a familiar furry friend!

255084_167277126669466_100001615403873_438564_5948238_n.jpg

253804_167277913336054_100001615403873_438567_5487987_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 6

How not to be seen. :lol:

Poor Scourge, everyone seems to pick on him. Doesn't feel so good now does it?

Oh... oh. That is epic. I love Scourge's expressions, and the cameos are just EPIC WIN. I have an almost literal ache in my chest from how badly I want to read this issue in its entirety.

Sure thing! Here ya go:

248828_167277216669457_100001615403873_438566_3232634_n.jpg

Read that in Dan Green's awesome voice and it becomes friggin' HILARIOUS. XD

Plus, as a bonus, here's Bebop and Rocksteady's cameo and the Off-Panel featuring a familiar furry friend!

255084_167277126669466_100001615403873_438564_5948238_n.jpg

253804_167277913336054_100001615403873_438567_5487987_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

That is just awesome dude. Awesome.

Looks pretty neat so far, though I don't quite get how having his quills clipped would automatically leave Scourge powerless since he would still have his speed and stuff. Then again I suppose if he acted in defense he's much more likely to be tackle and man-handled by any of the overseeing Cops.

Also has anyone got the impression that Warden Zeggman is going to be conducting secret experiments on inmates, Zonic catches wind of this and is forced to team up with Scourge when things all go to hell (making him the unlikely ally). The way things look so far already gives me this impression.

...Des anyone wonder if it was actually Warden Zeggman who was shown in the background of Issue 31's cover now? :V

Unless if Zobotnik can rapidly grow his moustache at will - then no - it is not him.

Well Scourge was able to grow his spikes out pretty quick in the same cover, so why not? :V

Well Scourge was able to grow his spikes out pretty quick in the same cover, so why not? :V

Maybe Zobotnik is using the inmates to test out his new hair growth formula.

So all we need now is WENDY WITCHCRAFT and her 3 co-horts to make an appearence and then everysingle sonic character from the games has made an appearence, or cameo.

P.s that be awesome if the Werehog escaped with Scourge hehe.

Cant believe Rocksteady & Bebop were cameos HAHA :D.

And Mephilis my God in heaven after 5 years he's in along with Void...... Double team then :P

Summary time! (Sorry it took so long, my laziness impulses were off the charts. :P)

1.The issue opens with Scourge recapping his life up to this point and transitions to the yards of Zone Prison where he's standing.

2.",,,And now look at me."

3."I'm just some punk."

4."Take, for example, these guys..."

5.He runs into alternate versions of Drago, Lupe, and Sleuth.

6.They call him "snot" and beat him to the ground.

7."...Back in the day, I could tear these jokers to shreds. But in here I'm the joke."

8."And the only thing worse than being lower than dirt..."

9."Are you okay?!"

10.He runs into Horizont-Al and Verti-Cal.

11."...Is being stuck with the worms."

12.Al and Cal help Scourge to his feet and dust him off, Al relieved that he isn't injured.

13."Aw, don't let them get you down, buddy. Me and Cal always look on the briiiiiiiight side of life! You should too!"

14."Al's right! We used to be GODS in our home zone! That is, until all our fighting started damaging other zones and the Zone Cops had to bring us down."

15."Right! And you were only a king! So put it all into perspective...?"

16.Scourge leaves.

17."Poor guy, but what was that "bright side" you were talking about?"

18."Hmm? Oh. Just that since he got here, we don't get beat up as much."

19."Ah. Not so bright a side for him, then."

20."No. I was just trying to be nice."

21.Scourge approaces a fence and looks through it to see a Zone Cop prisoner transport arriving.

22."Looks like a new batch of scrubs coming in. Cool. Fresh meat will keep the jerks off my back for a while."

23.Eggman and Snively's Zone Cop counterparts, Zobotnik and Znively, lead the prisoners out of the transport.

24."Keep still and no fuss now, Ladies and Gentlemen! We'll have you processed and oriented as quickly as your good behavior allows."

25."Th-The horizon...it's WRONG...!"

26."No, YOU'RE in the wrong. That's why you're here. That's why you're MINE now."

27.Zonic interrupts him.

28."Warden, let's keep this line moving. I need to have a word with you."

29."Ahh, if it isn't my favorite Zone Cop!"

30."Let it NEVER be said I don't enjoy our time together, Warden."

31."The issue with Dr. Nega must be going well if the Zone Cops corps could spare their star officer long enough to tell me how to do MY job."

32."The war with Nega is as bad as ever! And now there's an unrelated issue affecting Mobius Prime. So you can imagine my time spent here is COSTLY. And I'm NOT here to tell you how to do your job. Despite some inmates' complaints, your record is spotless."

33.The Destructix step out of the transport.

34."I'm here because of these five. We arrested them for violating the pan-zonal lock-down. They're from the Prime Zone and..."

35."ooh! The Prime Zone! I think that's a first for us!"

36."They all have ties to Scourge, especially the woman. They took out three squad cars, sent four of my men to the hospital, and I DON'T think they were escaping the trouble on Mobius Prime. I'm warning you--keep an eye on them."

37."The Prime Zoners will fall in line. And as for Scourge, we've been aggressively pursuing his rehabilitation..."

38.Cut to Scourge having his spines trimmed, being taken to his cell, sharing a bunk bed with Anti-Big, being slammed into a basketball hoop by the inmates, being found hiding behind a book by Bebop and Rocksteady (CAMEO!), being snickered at by other inmates such as an alternate version of Mina, being ignored by the guards when other inmates try to stuff him in a washing machine, and being given angry stares by an alternate version of Wave.

39."...VERY aggressively. I'm pleased with our progress."

40.Cut to Scourge in the mess hall. Al and Cal decide to join him at his table.

41."Good morning, pal!"

42."It's been rather peaceful since the new inmates arrived, hasn't it?"

43."Yeah. Sure, I guess. Went a whole day without eating turf."

44.Cal suggests that maybe the other inmates will find new favorite prisoners to hassle like the newcomers from the Prime Zone.

45.Scourge is shocked.

46."Wait...you mean Sonic's Zone?"

47"Yes! From Mobius and five of them at once!"

48."We're guessing they're having a clearance sale! Dahahaha!"

49."Oh, no. It better not be who I think it..."

50.He's interrupted by Anti-Big.

51."Hey, "Snot." Have a seat."

52."Lemme go, Smalls! I gotta see who the Prime Zoners..."

53.Anti-Big grabs Scourge's head and shoves it into his lunch tray/

54."Aw, now you done it! I HATE it when people waste food!"

55.He's about to give Scourge a swift punch in the face, but his arm is grabbed by Sgt. Simian.

56."You were just leaving."

57."Sure, big man, sure. He's all yours."

58.Anti-Big leaves and the rest of the Destructix arrive.

59.Al and Cal also leave.

60.The Destructix surround Scourge's table.

61."Table secured, Boss!"

62.Fiona arrives.

63."Hey, baby. You miss me?"

64."Aw, don't be like that. You know, I didn't ditch you back at Freedom HQ. I knew you'd need back-up, so I went and got us the Destructix. I cut a deal with Finitevus to get us on the Cosmic Interstate, then we got ourselves arrested, and now we're here to break you out! Now tell me--who loves ya?"

65"YOU MORON! YOU AND THESE LAME FREAKS ARE GONNA GET ME KILLED!"

66.Scourge leaves the mess hall, passing by Mephiles and Void sitting at a lunch table.

67."Dude, that guy needs to lighten up." (Most hilarious line EVER. XD)

68.Fiona reassures the Destructix and says that "the plan WILL work."

69.Cut to Scourge wandering through a hall.

70."All right, man, keep it together. Everyone saw that, so they know I'm not with them. If any of the jerks in this place think I'm putting together a gang I'm going to get smack around like the last pinata in the universe!"

71.He's interrupted by Jeffrey St. Croix, the Anti-Geoffrey.

72."Hey, mate!"

73."I swear I didn't--! Oh. It's only you."

74."ONLY me? Ouch, mate. We Moebian Zoners ought to stick together. Which is why King Maxx wants to see you. NOW."

75."Yeah, well, tell "Kingy" he..."

76.Jeffrey's thugs grab Scourge by the shoulder.

77."...has my undivided attention."

78.He's brought to King Maxx, the anti-Max.

79."Scourge, my boy! So good of you to answer my summons so promptly!"

80."Sure, no problem."

81."Listen. I want you to know I harbor no ill will. I rather ENJOYED conquering the Zone of Silence after you exiled me there. I EVEN enjoyed carving out my little "territory" here once the Zone Cops stopped my Nightmare Army's invasion of the multiverse. I even endorse your idea for renaming Moebius! No longer does Mobius Prime cast its shadow over us! I have continued that little stroke of genius to every Moebian here, haven't I, "St. Croix?""

82."Yes sir. Very wise of you, sir."

83."I THOUGHT our agreement was that you wouldn't challenge my power here, and my gang wouldn't tear you limb from limb."

84."Wait, whoa, what are you...?"

85."Please. Five former associates of yours, one of them your girlfriend, just HAPPEN to be arrested at the same time?"

86."It was HER idea, not mine! They're not with me, ya crazy geezer!"

87."Hahaha! Insults won't save you now! Leave enough of him to be identified. He'll serve as a lesson to the others."

88."With pleasure, sir."

89.Before the thugs can touch him, Scourge headbutts Jeffrey and escapes their grasp.

90."I'm not going down like a chump! Not here! Not like this!"

91.The thugs overwhelm him, but Flying Frog grabs one of their arms with his tongue.

92.The Destructix arrive and take out the thugs.

93."Scourge belongs to US. Don't touch him."

94."You've just signed your death warrants."

95."Ooh, what a scary old man."

96.Fiona helps Scourge to his feet and she tells the Destructix to make sure nobody gets rowdy while she talks to him.

97.Later, Scourge and Fiona talk on a bunk.

98."Scourge...what HAPPENED to you? That was pathetic back there. You can fight Sonic to a stand-still. Those Meat-Heads back there shouldn't have laid a hand on you."

99."It's the inhibitor collars they've got us wearing. It cuts off my speed and my agility, and they keep my spines pruned."

100."Huh. I THOUGHT I felt a bit slow. But still..."

101."And what went down back there was JUST what I expected. Now everyone is going to beat me down for trying to "make a gang.""

102."So? Kick their teeth in."

103."Easy for you to say. Listen, I've been beaten into the floor ten times too many. I just want to be left alone!"

104."Then you do need a team, like Sonic."

105."Hahaha! Yeah, just rub salt into the wound, why don't ya? I shouldn't need a bunch of fuzzy-buddies to cuddle up to. I conquered a whole stinkin' on my own..."

106."Babe, be honest with yourself here. You just...beat up a bunch of regional warlords and said that MADE you King. Besides, Sonic's Freedom Fighters are his friends. That makes them liabilities. You can have your own gang of cannon fodder and STILL be the baddest dude among them. Convincing them to help you NOW might be a little hard, though..."

107."My gang...my army...but I still keep the bragging rights...you got a plan?"

108."Of course I've got a plan. Are you ready to get some revenge?"

109."I'll make the Destructix MY gang! Then we're busting out of this place. And anyone is our way is in for a world of PAIN!"

110.The issue ends.

111.There's also a very funny Off-Panel strip where Scourge discovers the only other alternate Sonic in Zone Prison is the Werehog. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Whoa I haven't read Archie in years. But that picture of mephiles is hilarious.

Looking at that shameful secrets topic, and saying as there'll be a bit of a drought for Archie stuff until next week, I thought we could do some general Archie discussion. So how about, for curiosity's sake, we discuss our favourite and least favourite moments of Archie Sonic? I have a lot of faves so I'll have to decide, but for least faves, I have these (note: The only reason these are all Ian-run moments is because I didn't follow the plotline continually until about #177.

3) Li-Moon's species change to a Fox [sU#13]; I've talked about this before. Regardless of whether people thought she was a Tiger or a Red Panda, making her a Fox for resolution and to act as a love interest for Tails was just silly, especially when the series has ZERO PROBLEM with interspecies relatioships as long as neither of the parties are Human (eg...this should be obvious).

2) The ending of House of Cards [#179]; Man, it may not be technically a clanger, but it felt like such an anti-climaz to me (moreso than any other anti-climax that's followed since then). I mean, you had the awesome build-up and setting of Sonic and Tails fighting because the Prowers wanted a democracy, we get the awesome fight, Sonic and Tails make up (which WASN'T part of the anti-climax, by the way), they figure that they need to find a way to broker peace, run to find King Max and Amadeus...only to find Sally and NICOLE has already settled over a teaparty. Sure, it did have a lasting effect, what with the Council of Acorn, but...honestly.

3) Brain damage! [#176]; A recap of the the intention of this moment, now. Basically, Ian wanted to find a way of making Charmy more like his six-year-old game self, thus decided to use the Egg Grapes as a plot device for this (amongst other functions like cutting away the excess numbers of Echidnas). Now, given that Charmy was seventeen in Archie canon, this was never going to be pretty. And that's why I don't actually have any rage for it any more. Sure, it'll most likely alway be my least favourite moment and the bitter taste will last for years to come, but even the writer recognises that he approached things the wrong way, pretty much saying that the moment led Charmy's story and development straight into a dead end that's not going to be easy to write out of. He also mentioned that Saffron thusly suffered as well. What can I say, at least it's been recognised.

Now, allow me to leave it there before I go and narrow down my best three moments...and before my computer decides to crash, I had a lucky escape writing this up!

Edited by VEDJ-F

HOLY CRAP, GUYS! I JUST GOT StH #226 EARLY!!!!!!!!!! AGAGAGAGGHGAHGHGAGAHG!!!! READING...NAO!!! :D:D:D