Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Okay, now that the preview pages are out, it's summary time!

1.The issue opens with Sonic and the FFs arriving in the Labyrinth Zone.

2.Sally asks Sonic if he sees anything interesting up ahead.

3."Oh, sure! Water. Rocks. More water. Creepy gargoyles. Did I mention water?"

4."Oh, come on! It feels cozy in its own way. Kind of familiar. Like..."

5."An old limestone cavern?"

6."Yes! Exactly!"

7.Boomer and Antoine interject.

8."I was just thinking that myself."

9."Oui, myself as well. Are you...ze sigh-kick?"

10.""Sigh-kick?""

11."Oui! Ze mind readers!"

12."That's "psychic," 'Twan."

13."Whichever! Vite! What do you see in my brain?"

14."Looks completely blank to me. Surprise, surprise."

15.Sally suggests that they should keep moving to Eggman's base before another earthquake hits.

16.Sonic compliments Boomer on how he used the badnik to help them in the previous issue and asks where he learned to do stuff like that.

17.Boomer says he doesn't know and that it just comes naturally to him.

18.They approach a ledge and Sally crouches to descend down it.

19."Well, it sure came in handy! Yo, Sal, I'll give you a--"

20.Antoine helps Sally down the ledge.

21."Allow me, ma cherie!"

22."Thanks, sweetie!"

23.Sonic freezes.

24.""Ma cherie?" "Sweetie"...?!"

25.He catches back up to Sally.

26."Hey, Sal? Just how long have you and..."

27.Sonic freezes again.

28."How long have I what? Sonic? Hello?"

29.They come upon a large pool of water.

30."...Oookay. C'mon, we'll dive to the next part of the--"

31.Sonic grabs her.

32."Dive?! Into the water?"

33."Unless you plan to dive into solid rock...?"

34.Boomer tells Sonic not to worry and that ruins like these have tons of air pockets.

35."Yeah, but I can't swim. Like...at all."

36."Don't worry. You'll do just fine with me."

37."...sure. Lead the way."

38.Sonic and Sally join hands and jump in.

39.At first, Sonic thinks being in the water isn't so bad, but Sally then alerts him to several Orbinauts chasing Antoine.

40.Sonic leaps into action, but finds it difficult to build up speed under water.

41.The Orbinauts attack him, but Sonic uses his spin attack to smash into the floor and drain the room, creating a torrent of water that flushes the Orbinauts, the FFs, and himself out of the room.

42.Sonic and the FFs are flushed down a ledge until Sonic jumps to grab a higher ledge. Sally and Boomer successfully make it up to the ledge, but when Antoine tries to grab on to it, an earthquake occurs and sends him falling into a large chasm.

43.Sonic tries to save him, but he's too late. Sonic, Boomer, and Sally fall silent with shocked expressions.

44.Sally suggests that they keep moving and they make their way out of the labyrinth.

45.Sonic feels extremely guilty and says that he's sorry he couldn't save Antoine.

46.Sally says that it isn't Sonic's fault and Boomer even says that he has a feeling that it'll all turn out okay.

47.Sonic is shocked.

48."Okay, hold up! Your boyfriend just falls to his doom, and you're cool with it?!"

49."Firstly, Antoine isn't my boyfriend. We were just close friends. And secondly...it doesn't feel right. I saw him fall, too, but...he...he can't be gone. That's not RIGHT."

50.Boomer also chimes in.

51."I feel it, too. It's like how these badniks seem familiar, and we keep..."

52."...sharing the same thoughts?"

53."Right. It's okay because we KNOW it will be okay. Maybe that's just denial, but..."

54."No, I get what you're saying. I guess I can feel that, too."

55."C'mon, guys! That little detour set us back a bit. Let's take the fight to Eggman--for Antoine!"

56.The three progress through the Star Light Zone, destroying badniks and dodging hazards along their way.

57.They arrive at the Scrap Brain Zone.

58."Well...here we are. Welcome to the scenic Scrap Brain Zone."

59."Seriously? "Scrap Brain?" What does that even MEAN?"

60."What do you want, Sonic? He's a madman who puts animals into robots and wants to conquer the world."

61."And looks like a talking egg to boot. Nah, this place needs a cooler name, like...like..."Robotropolis.""

62.Boomer also pitches in.

63."Ooh-yeah! Or-or-or...how about "New Megaopolis?""

64."Nah, you're trying too hard, buddy."

65."I guess "Robotropolis" does have a ring to it."

66.The three progress, Sally noticing that it's a bit too quiet and she was expecting more traps.

67.Suddenly, Sonic triggers fire and electric traps while Boomer falls through a trap door, barely avoiding falling into it completely by holding on to the edge of it.

68.Sally grabs Boomer's hand and tries to pull him up.

69."HRNH! When this is over, you're laying off Joe's Sushi!" (Yay! Obscure prototype SatAM reference!)

70.Sally begins to lose her grip, but Sonic grabs Boomer's other hand and they successfully pull him back out of the trap.

71.Sally tells Sonic and Boomer to head into the base before they can be ambushed by any other traps.

72.The three head inside the base and try to locate Eggman.

73.Suddenly, Sonic is enveloped in a blue energy shield and Eggman appears in his mech from the final battle of Sonic 1.

74."Right here, you miserable rodent! You've done well to get this far!"

75."Thanks...Eggman."

76."I have a real name, you know! I HATE that nickname! Why does everyone call me that?"

77."Look, how about you save us all a headache and let me out of this force field?"

78."Ah, but where would the fun be in that?"

79.Eggman sends several mechanical pillars crushing down on Sonic. Sonic quickly dodges them all.

80.Sonic runs into a dead end while he's avoiding the pillars.

81."Aw, man--dead end!"

82."Marvelous choice of words! Farewell, boy."

83.Suddenly, Eggman hears a loud creaking sound coming from above.

84."Eh? That sounds like the--"

85.Without warning, a large torrent of water comes splashing down on Eggman's head through his pillar mech and Antoine lands in his lap.

86."--Hydraulics pipe."

87."Antoine?! You're okay!"

88."Non! I am not ze okay! I wash around in ze dark for hours! I am dizzy and soggy and frightened and..."

89.He realizes who he just landed on.

90."...Bonjour."

91.Antoine freaks out and slaps Eggman, giving Sonic an opening to destroy his mech.

92.Eggman lands on the ground and Sonic begins to approach him.

93."Now I've got you--HEY!"

94.Eggman begins to scurry away and climbs into another one of the mecha pillars.

95.Boomer and Sally make their way into the room where Sonic and Eggman are clashing in.

96."Good work! Sorry to make you wait, Sonic...!"

97."Eh, you were here in spirit."

98.The four try to open the latch on top of Eggman's pillar mech that he escaped into, but to no avail.

99.Suddenly, another pillar rises without the four noticing and Eggman tiptoes away.

100.Sonic notices him and speeds after him, but Eggman evades him and hops into his Egg Mobile.

101."Wow--you're pretty fast for a fat man!"

102."You'll pay for this, rodent!"

103.Sonic slams into the Egg Mobile, causing it to crack, explode, and fall to the ground below from the launch pad that Eggman was going to use to escape.

104."AAAARGH! I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!!" (Rrrrrrrrrreference! :D)

105."Not likely."

106.Sally asks what happened to Eggman.

107."Humpty-Dumpty...had a great fall."

108.The FFs celebrate a job well done and that the world is finally safe. Sonic, however, is unconvinced.

109."Oh, come on! You earned this as much as the rest of us! Maybe more!"

110."...Y'know how you were so sure Antoine would be okay?"

111."Yes...?"

112."I've got the same feeling about Eggman. This isn't over, Sal."

113.The issue ends.

114.There's also a humorous Off-Panel strip featuring Eggman trying to fake being dead so he can slip away.

As a bonus, here a couple of notable photos from the issue:

282195_184842484912930_100001615403873_506098_2928955_n.jpg

216895_184842618246250_100001615403873_506099_5210233_n.jpg

262422_184842721579573_100001615403873_506100_1664416_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

There appears to be some of that classic light-hearted Sonic X diatribe (oooh, an oxymoron! ) going on between Eggman and Sonic in this issue.

Which makes me a happy camper. I miss that stuff.

There appears to be some of that classic light-hearted Sonic X diatribe (oooh, an oxymoron! ) going on between Eggman and Sonic in this issue.

Which makes me a happy camper. I miss that stuff.

Lets hope the two dont don Luchador outfits and go off galavanting into the night.

Man, those Sonic X comic writers were on some good drugs

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay, now that the preview pages are out, it's summary time!

As a bonus, here a couple of notable photos from the issue:

282195_184842484912930_100001615403873_506098_2928955_n.jpg

216895_184842618246250_100001615403873_506099_5210233_n.jpg

262422_184842721579573_100001615403873_506100_1664416_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Oh great, love triangles. thanks, Ian. crazy.gif

Genesis is still been kinda eh, for me so far. It's great that we're going through the game levels again and all the throw backs with the characters' more earlier portrayals, but this whole arc just seems so out of left field, at least compared to the previous storyline that was kinda somewhat interrupted, it's been difficult to like it. Good execution, but it'd just work so much better as a standalone story, as it's not really been that thrilling for me. :/

The Antoine flushing scene with Eggman was pretty funny though.

Something else made me seeth though, and it's awfully petty; I can understand Sonic wanting to give names to the Badniks, since he had no idea of the names that Eggm--er, Robotnik (as he's calling himself in the arc) had delegated to them.

If i'm not mistaken, he does call himself Robotnik in this issue. I got #227 in the mail some time ago and it's been a while since I read it, but i'm pretty sure of that.

Scrap Brain Zone, on the other hand, CLEARLY had a name given. You can't just rename it to Robotropolis just because you feel like it, you silly hedgehog!

Maybe it just reminded him of Robotropolis since the places do look awfully similar, what with its technological factory death traps and all. Maybe that was the reason it was brought up here as another one of those "this place isn't was it seems," clues.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

The Antoine-Sally pairing is an old one. It surfaced in recent comic memory during the marriage arc. I support a real rival to Sonally even though I'm fine with her as an interest.

And I still like Antoine/Sally.

Erm, really need to get around to updating my brain on the whole "Antoine being married" thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok people which do/did you prefer:

Sonic X or Sonic Universe?

Sonic Universe, since its consistently strong (yes, even the Future arc that everyone hates).

Sonic X does have some really enjoyable issues though (like anything with El Gran Gordo).

Slightly off topic: What's with IGN giving Sonic A lot of attention lately?

I enjoyed both- The humour in Sonic X was great and some of the issues really enjoyable. Sonic Universe has had some great/some bad issues but I'm looking forward to the new ones. I think they could do another genesis ark in Universe if they wanted too like they did with the x years later (which was terrible :( ),

Considering how Universe is pretty much the left overs to give character whose names aren't Sonic or Sally some "development"(yeah right, I lost all hope after the awful TTT arc) I honestly wish they kep the Sonic X book since at the very least it was more focused on the game cast, plus it had the best/sexiest/manliest character ever: El Gran Gordo!

• Thumbs Up 1

I enjoyed the Sonic X comics; they were in my opinion infinitely funnier, wittier and better written than the actual animé. Having said that, I like the Universe comics better as they spin off from the main comic and I prefer that cast.

Considering how Universe is pretty much the left overs to give character whose names aren't Sonic or Sally some "development"(yeah right, I lost all hope after the awful TTT arc) I honestly wish they kep the Sonic X book since at the very least it was more focused on the game cast, plus it had the best/sexiest/manliest character ever: El Gran Gordo!

Saying the X is better solely because it focuses on the game cast, is really a shallow reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's entirely Skull's prerogative to prefer the game cast over the comic cast. Many people do. However I do feel that it would be a terribly sad thing if the comics were forced to conform to the game cast as I personally love the comic cast and the entirely separate canon contained in the Archie Sonic world. Sonic X comic was a nice compromise in that it gave game/animé fans a comic that wasn't totally alien to them but kept it separate from the main Archie Sonic universe.

Here's my thoughts on Sonic the Hedgehog issue#217.

This issue is better then last months but I'm still not digging Genesis.

The characters are written well, but the overall story is still boring. There's only so much you can do with the story of the first Sonic game to try to make it interesting.

Anyway there's a few good moments in this issue one involving Antione, and there's a cute Sonally moment, but so far this story does not justify the four month wait between issues 225 and 230.

The Good:

The Art.

Sonally moment.

The Bad:

Story's kind of boring.

Nothing has happened to justify the four month wait.

I give this issue a 5/10. Let's hope that the next two parts turn this story around.

And here's my thoughts on Sonic Universe issue#30.

Great issue.

I like the Fiona flashback, however I notice that there's a mistake in the flashback. Fiona is wearing her bodysuit, however in the original flashbacks in the Knuckles comic, Fiona wasn't wearing her bodysuit.

It's clear that Fiona deep down hasn't gotten over her past. It's also clear that Fiona is somewhat mentally disturbed and she's not all there. As I've said before she's clearly working down a path of self-destruction.

Fiona's ideas of right and wrong are completely warped.

This might be Scourge's arc, but I think that Fiona's the one who is going to get a lot of character development out of this story arc(so please don't let her be the one who gets left behind Ian).

It was a real hoot to see Abby again.

I don't like that smile on Jeffrey St. Croix face. He's going to try to do something to Fiona.

I like that we get a flashback of Sgt. Simian's past.

Predator Hawk's flashback on the other hand didn't do much for me.

The art is great also I love how Tracy drew the scene where Fiona's talking about her past. The way that she's hugging herself when she talks about her past is really sad. When she's talking about her past, you can see that she's dropped her tough girl act for a moment and she seems vulnerable.

It seems that acting like a badgirl is a escape for Fiona. It's a defense mechanism for her.

The Good:

Character development

The Bad:

Predator Hawk's flashback felt stereotypical.

The Ugly:

Abby of course.

I give this issue a 8/10.

TTT was more about character interaction then development, other than that, there are plenty of instances of development (Shadow, Monkey Kahn, Silver, Tails, etc)

What's the TTT arc? I haven't read the Comics yet.

Sonic X.

Because I really enjoyed that issue when Sonic and Eggman worked together dressed as luchadors. Screw everyone else that thinks otherwise. I will love and tolerate anyone that thinks otherwise. (But of course I liked some of the other issues too, but that one was my favorite.)

And now that I'm here, I just want to say that I lol'd at these last two panels. But I also cried in agony. Not even a "reboot" could help me escape from these shenanigans. ;w;

In hindsight, I should have seen it coming. :V

Edited by KCG

What's the TTT arc? I haven't read the Comics yet.

Treasure Team Tango, is essentially a battle royal between Team Rose, Dark, The Babylon Rogues, and the newly formed Team hooligan(Fang, Bean, and Bark) Its a pretty fun read. And it has Shadow in it, so I know you'll enjoy it.

Just got Universe #31 in the mail! Since the preview pages aren't out yet, I'll wait until they're up to post my summary, but everyone is free to PM me for the details in the meantime. :)

Treasure Team Tango, is essentially a battle royal between Team Rose, Dark, The Babylon Rogues, and the newly formed Team hooligan(Fang, Bean, and Bark) Its a pretty fun read. And it has Shadow in it, so I know you'll enjoy it.

Bean made this arc for me.

Also, Big likes it when you call him Big Poppa.

Bean made this arc for me.

Also, Big likes it when you call him Big Poppa.