Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Got my issue of 226 today

I can't say the same unfortunately. I've pretty much lost all hope of getting 226 and 29 in the mail now. I don't know whether to blame Archie or the postal service. Archie was actually good on sending me other issues I was missing earlier this year but I don't know if I can plead to them to send me more copies for more missing issues within the same year. But seriously I feel like I've been ripped off of $44 right now. 226 and 29 sound like the most awesome issues yet this year which makes this all the more saddening.

Well these pics that I took should give us a clue, I even included the letters page:

100_5688.jpg

100_5704.jpg

100e5708.jpg

100_5702.jpg

100e5709.jpg

100_5701.jpg

It seems some SatAM is being mixed in with the Sega, dontcha think?

So are we talking about The latest and upcoming comics or just our favorite issues in general

So are we talking about The latest and upcoming comics or just our favorite issues in general

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well these pics that I took should give us a clue, I even included the letters page:

It seems some SatAM is being mixed in with the Sega, dontcha think?

Edited by dirupti

Eggman just hit the hard reset button on everything. Everybody forgot things with only faint traces of memories left.

This GENESIS Arc has everything to do with what happened at the end of #225, basically from what I read and others have too,

Eggman wanted to reset the world to be free of Sonic, which ironically enough is humorously explained somewhat in an "Off-Panel" in 226.

So with that being said, this is part of the main prime line, and yes it may have also been done as refresher for newer readers, who got introduced to it by and are fans of the games.

But when you look at it more closely, it seems that there is Some SatAM elements in there as well. So in a way, perhaps Ian Flynn is trying to balance out the comic and give everyone each of something that they like.

But again as I said at the start, GENESIS does have everything to do with what happened at the end of #225 and is part of the main prime line.

Edited by bwrosas

Eggman just hit the hard reset button on everything. Everybody forgot things with only faint traces of memories left.

That's what I thought but, in the comics this isn't how Sonic met The Freedom Fighters.

Hey Sonicfans :)

I'm a very old gamer (30), who just tried the Sonic Generations demo on my xbox...I loved it! I want to get into the Sonic comics (They remind me of how comicbooks used to be). I'm thinking the Genesis act might be a good starting point? I played the genesis sonic games as a kid and love the references. I know the first many books in the series were very slapstick and simple, but my OCD forces me to at least try to read it from the start.

Is this what a need?

Also at what point did the comic "get serious" with the storylines and continuity?

I'm a very old gamer (30), who just tried the Sonic Generations demo on my xbox...I loved it! I want to get into the Sonic comics (They remind me of how comicbooks used to be). I'm thinking the Genesis act might be a good starting point? I played the genesis sonic games as a kid and love the references. I know the first many books in the series were very slapstick and simple, but my OCD forces me to at least try to read it from the start.

Is this what a need?

Also at what point did the comic "get serious" with the storylines anewspaperd continuity?

No need to be soo formal, relax and chill. B)

Back to your question, sorry but unlike other comic publications, Archie just started this whole archives thing so they are starting at their earliest issues. i don't believe were going to have any recent work for a long while. may have to start collecting issues until some TPBs come out.

I don't know if the genesis arc is a good starting point. let a few more people after me answer that and you can get a general census of it.

Btw, if 30s is considered "very old gamer" then i must be middle age! trust me, 30s is no where near old. theres gamers who play in their 80s+ and not just wii casual stuff were talking hardcore fps.

Seriously, 30 isn't old ;_; I'm almost 27 and the thought that 30 is old for a gamer makes me feel like my life is almost over! XD;; Anyway, I hope you will pick up the comics. I have to agree with goku, however, that Genesis may not be the best place to start. That's because no one really knows exactly what that arc is going to do to the comic, or what the end result will be. It may well be that it will become a new general starting point, but it's equally possible that understanding its implications will require at least reading a little further back.

Is this what a need?

Also at what point did the comic "get serious" with the storylines and continuity?

30? Ha! Try 40. Just before 50 did the comic start to have some drama. But it would still have some serious stories off and on. Right now, with Ian's writing it still has some dramatic action, but also still carries some silliness and fun. I'd start with 225 which has a two-page re-telling of everything that happened in the past year. If you really want to know everything from the start, there's the Sonic archive's and the upcoming Sonic B&W "Showcase" Book that covers about the first two years.

Shooting on Ken and Ian:

And everyone knows who they are.

Comments welcomed

Is this you or is it just a vid you found? Just wondering. It sounds like a threat to Lan than anything dude :o, I don't think fans are THAT crazy bro. I mean....... that'll be insane. But to me it sounds like a threat. :c

Edited by lamontraccoon

BW likes to do this sort of analysis, I've picked that much up from his stint on SoA. So very likely his own.

That's what I thought but, in the comics this isn't how Sonic met The Freedom Fighters.

Edited by Cero

EDIT: Why the hell would you fill a letters to the editor column with a bunch of fans bitching about Sally's supposed death with only one that has nothing to do with that subject

Maybe that's the only kind of fan letters they got :lol:

Shooting on Ken and Ian:

And everyone knows who they are.

Comments welcomed

Already knew about Ian banning people who did not align with his ideas, and when the freedom of speech is compromised, something is really wrong, especially when the idea of a forum is to exchange and discuss ideas, not to kiss someone's rear end.

Also agree that the Genesis arc should had been a different story of it's own, heck they could had taken from there to make a comic that appeals more to the fans of the games, saddly they are using the 20th anniversary of Sonic to do a soft reboot that has the only purpose of introducing Sally and company to new readers instead of developing the characters from the games, which again pretty much shows where their priority lies. (honestly the only place where derivatives can take precedence is on fanfictions, not on a comic endorsed by Sega that barely resembles the product it is supposed to advertise, like pretty much any of the other media does)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 4