Awoo.

Favorite Sonic couples

SpeedsTurbo

Well, I haven't seen anyone make a post about Tails X Cosmo (Or maybe someone did and I just skipped over it due to laziness.), so I'll make one.

Tails and Cosmo make the most likely couple in any form of Sonic Media I have ever seen, and according to the Japanese Subbed episodes (Not the raped 4Kids dub), it's practically canon, because both have declared their love for each other at some point. Plus, there have been many cute (albeit fluffy) moments in the show, such as;

The love trap set by Amy, that backfired and worked on Tails and Cosmo instead.

The whole 'setting up the party' bit from Mission Match Up.

The two of them in the cave, especially when she tied the bandage on his head.

The whole dream sequences, such as...

which were raped by 4Kids.

And finally, the moment where Tails had to fire the Sonic Power Cannon at Cosmo. Definitely the saddest moment in the entire series.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqJLxIk2gk Of course, we have the original, heart touching japanese version, and then we have the butchered 4Kids version. In all honesty, I believe to appreciate the couple in it's fullest form, watching the show in japanese is the only way.

Taismo has been my favored pair since it's been introduced. I also support SonicXAmy, because it's the most likely to happen, and Knuckles X Rouge because of a polar opposite thing that they have going on.

@ Onionhack. I'm with ya, Tails and Cosmo all the way! Although, I don't have high speed internet, so... was there anything magor that happened in the jap versions I don't know about?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much, just the characters baww'ing more during Cosmo's death scene.

Maybe im remembering wrong, but didn't Tails actually shout "I love you" to Cosmo before he shot her in the Jap version?

I got a couple of ones on my list here:

Scourge and Fiona The Fox. Its kind of obvious and it really makes sense. Fiona has spend months "pretending" to be on the good side. Desperate for anyone to listen to her. Sonic never really looked at her any more then a friend. She "used" Tails until she was done with him and went to Scourge, one of the few who listened to her and took care of her. I guess they both know how they can lie and backstab and that makes them a good couple in a sick sense.

Sonic and Amy. Again.. im sure ill get yelled at this one, but I like it. (more of the archie version's of Amy) But Amy is almost like a female version of Sonic. Caring, but determined.

Sonic and Sally Acorn. Another one for Sonic, a princess who isn't like Peach or Daisy, who gets captured and can't fight back. Sally is more on the tomboyish side, one of the leaders of a team called the Freedom Fighters, and one of Sonic's closest friends, probably up there with tails. They been through alot, in battle and of course when it was time to relax, they always seem to enjoy themselves. In the Sonic Universe, they did get married, and had wonderful kids. I think they would make a great couple and it shows in that mini series.

Sonic and Amy. Again.. im sure ill get yelled at this one, but I like it.

Maybe on like the bumbleking forums or wherever the Archie purists (if there are such things) hang out.

I can't help but imagine that Sonic actually being in a relationship, the day to day proceedings of such a thing would be funny.

*looks around and post really quick*

Princess Sara and Sonic

and.........

Princess Elise and Sonic *runs and hides under table*

*runs and hides under table*

I am instantly reminded of the nuclear fallout drill where the teachers would have the student’s squat under their desks.

It’s just not going to save you.

*fires nuke*laugh.gif

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I am instantly reminded of the nuclear fallout drill where the teachers would have the student’s squat under their desks.

It’s just not going to save you.

*fires nuke*laugh.gif

*takes off sunglasses* Aww, poor baby. ='(

Anyways, I think I'm the only one left willing to admit that I still get my kicks from Shadow and Amy. It's not because of any canon references because Lord knows there haven't been any, but the potential of the couple gleaned from an RP series I've been involved for around eight years. It mostly stems from the fact that they are nearly complete opposites and compliment each other; Whereas Shadow is always somewhat out of tune with society's norms and has emotional turmoil and run-off to deal with as a result, Amy fits right in and only has to worry about going over her budget, so she's subsequently happier. This along with her nurturing instincts give comfort, guidance, and perspective to Shadow, and he in turn is willing to listen to her, to appease her, and shelter and protect her with his life.

Speaking of which, protection has always been a point of contention between the two. While Shadow has no problem putting himself through the wringer for her, Amy slightly resents it as it only serves to highlight her significant combat weaknesses compared to him. She can get in some good shots, but Shadow naturally disallows it whenever he can considering what happened the last time a little girl stood up for him. They're quite stubborn over this issue, but considering the villains me and my friend spawn, they take the issue day by day.

They can be quite the duo, but for better or for worse I don't think we'll ever find out officially, now will we? :P

Sonic and Tails has to be my favourite couple out of the series, which I mean in a non sexual/attracting way, more as a bond. I know that this topic is meant for romance but seriously how Sonic always looks out for Tails and helps him become a better freedom fighter (we still use that term right?) always hits a soft spot to me. I mean no other game series can a Hedgehog and a Fox become such caring and loving brothers to each other.

Two freaks, together forever.

Haha how soppy was I >.<

I really do love Tails x Cosmo but wish it didn't end so prematurely. : ( The ending is really cruel. At least he gets the seed (though I keep wondering, would it grow into a seedrian too? o_o)

In terms of pair shipping I'm one of those weird types that ships both Sonic x Amy (in the main series) Sonic x Sally (In SatAM and comics depending)

I'm a bit more iffy with Sally since the "Home" arc in the Archie comics. Up to that point in the series Sally was portrayed as a strong princess who clearly had her priorities in the right place yet was willing to explore a relationship with Sonic (and occasionally others which is fair enough). But then they shoot Sonic off into space for year and we come back to a Sally clearly nicked from fangame "Sonic Epoch" who in the space of the year has become a tragic figure bawwing over Sonic and growing her hair out. I was starting to feel better about her since the changing of the guard at Archie though the whole Sally & Monkey Khan thing felt like it came out of nowhere and then soon as we got used to it was flung out the window again.

Amy also depends on characterisation too. I adore Amy from Sonic CD to Adventure, sure shes nuts for Sonic but it's in a rather honest and adorable sort of way. Even in adventure, she just sort of asks Sonic honestly for help looking after her bird-buddy or swoons a little - which is fair enough. But then you have Adventure 2 with Amy insisting that for his freedom Sonic has to marry her and Heroes where the creepy fangirl is cranked to 11. I'ld be freaked out too if one of my friends kept insisting I marry them. She's toned down since thankfully, Sonic X certainly had the mix of her strength as an individual and her fangirlishness for Sonic down pat.

Tiara Boobwiski might of been a fun one too, imagine Amy having an active rival for the object of her affections in the main series! Certainly might of made her step up to the plate a bit more in a serious way...

Though really I'm cool with most pairings with the exception of Mina and Elise. It's not that I hate Mina particularly, its just the way the writers wrote in the way she would relate to Sonic with SUDDENLY SUPER SPEED with no real reason as to why she has it or just discovered it then and there. Other than that shes a good character, just a shame she's not really in the series much these days (Other than being Tails' wife in the 25 years later series).

Elise I just really dislike, shes a whiny needy princess who cant even do a thing for herself, unlike most of the female characters the Sonic series has. When she does actually do something, its pretty much to ensure none of the story ever happened (which is fine with me!). My personal thought would be that Sonic would actually consider it a drag to be on hand and foot for someone like that. He got annoyed when he had to do it for Amy back in the day (which is part of the reason she resolved to get stronger in the first place as I recall?). But then I grew up with StC Sonic who did considering rescuing his friends a bit of a chore (in a weirdly affectionate sort of way)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

The only couples I support are official ones and couples that have a possibility of actually happening ('Canon' is important to me. I don't like all that fan-made junk people make up). The Sonic couples I support are: Shadow/Rouge, Sonic/Amy, Sonic/Sally, Tails/Cosmo, Tails/Marine, Knuckles/Julie-Su, Knuckles/Shade and Silver/Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails and Fiona Fox is my favorite.

1. There both foxes.

2.Tails is about as sweet and innocent as a guy can get, and yet he still falls for a roughnecked bad gal.

3.It ended with heartbreak, and a huge fight between Sonic and Tails.

Rouge and Knuckles is my 2nd favorite.

1. An evil girl who could have just about any other guy in the whole villainy busyness and she chooses... Knuckles. 0.o

2. Knuckles barely knows it.

3. whenever they're together despite her crush all she can think of is stealing the master emerald.

Gotta admit, I'm a Sonic // Tails supporter. I mean, they've been together the longest, and they do get along. I'll support 'em any way too -- friends // 'brothers' or in a more romantic sense. They'll be my top supported pairing from the Sonic Franchise. Hands down.

As far as other pairings go?

Amy / Sonic -- Only recently have I gotten into liking this pairing. I figure that once Amy gets over her 12 year-old 'crush' phase, and matures more... eh, who knows. It may work. Sure, Sonic may get annoyed by her constant chasing and admittance of 'love' (lust or crush, really), he's never really stated he disliked or hated her. And he wants to protect her as well, obviously. Plus, despite their awkwardness, the two are friends.

Sally / Sonic -- Yeah. They've had some rough patches over the years. And yes, I am aware of Archie-Sonic's, er, 'questionable' pursuits of love in the Comic universe, but... I dunno. If romance was there once, who is to say it may not return? Even if it doesn't, at least they'll still be friends.

I'm sure there are more, but I just can't think of them off the top of my head right now. I'll post later with more of my list whenever it comes to me.

Concerning what others have written, while I don't necessarily support the pairings, there have been some interesting suggestions out there. Most notably, Shadow / Amy. Never thought of that pairing before!

I now feel incredibly foolish for not listing another one of my favourite crack pairings earlier in this thread - Bowser, Jr. x Metal Sonic!

They were the bestest of buddies, palsiest of pals, and friendliest of friends in Mario & Sonic 2! They did just about everything together after the fall of their masters' plans! Putting up signs... plotting against Mario and Sonic... wandering around the Islands... good times. Good times.

Seriously though, I thought the relationship they had was just adorable. Junior would rant on and on to Metal, which is about as deep a conversation as talking to a brick wall seeing as he can't even talk, and just assume that he was agreeing with him - portrayed in a similar fashion to a small child who was talking to their pet cat. Metal would tolerate it all, nodding his head and making sporadic arm gestures every now and then, before being dragged off by Junior like a big ol' mechanical teddy bear on another one of their journeys. It was just so "d'awwww".

It also made me go "lol wat" because they managed to portray Metal and Junior in both menacing, comedic, and adorable manners all in the same game. So cool.

...where's mah M&S3?! This relationship must be delved into further, I say! They could also throw in Kalypso from the Super Mario universe as a potential love interest for Vector. I would lol.

Edited by HunterTSF

Now that I'm deep into Archies again... I support Knuckles and Julie-Su all the way. Ian Flynn don't you touch that girl! Cybernetic dreads. <3

Also Antoine and Bunnie are extremely cute. Something about me and the girls with shiny parts I guess. Cybernetic legs. <3

I guess I'm also in favor of Sonic-Sally. Mina Mongoose is okay. And all those other wimmenz. But we all know who she ends up with, save some time shift that will probably happen in the present. She's the only girl with the drive to keep up with Sonic. Guerrilla princess. Also he was her royal consort? I got that comic recently. That's hawt.

I'm not a couples fan anymore but I do like a hint of Silver and Blaze... like this:

The_Glomp_by_sahara_lynne.png

I like the idea of Blaze chasing Silver and Silver running away from her.

I do support a hint of silver and Rouge as well.

Edited by Flower-Pwr

I'm not a couples fan anymore but I do like a hint of Silver and Blaze... like this:

This. I once devoted an entire topic to why Silver was a more interesting character back in Sonic 06 than he has been in recent games due to his relationship with Blaze in that game. And a romantic relationship between the two would probably be even more interesting that a platonic friendship.

Besides, Silver seems to be by far the most tensed character in the series, considering how much time he seem to spend running around and screaming to whomever he meets "are you friend or enemy? Bah, no time to wait for an answer, LET'S FIGHT!". And (as this official image clearly reveals: Blaze.jpg ) Blaze has a very fine ass, which i am sure could help relieve some of that tension. Just sayin'.

Knuckles and the Master Emerald is the only real pairing that I will ever approve of.

He has been electrocuted, beaten to a pulp by Sonic, and repeatedly humiliated my Eggman (among other characters) for that thing.

Edited by Chooch

The Sonic couples i support are:

SonicXAmy

KnucklesXRouges

TailsXCream( why...just because i think their cute together. I used to be TailsXCosmo but she's gone.)

SillverXBlaze( if their ever in another game together and still knows each other, if not...oh well)

Do I want any of them to be official in games...no.. but i do like hint here and there.

Also I don't want any game to try and unconfirmed them...( Just one of the many reason i don't like Dark Brotherhood)

Edited by Gamer18
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was once obsessive over couples in my video games. It's one of the things I care about the least now, but I still can't help crack a little smile if I find a cutscene that supports my favorite pairings, even if just a little bit, and I always will have my preferred coupling.

I used to ship Sonic and Amy. Right now, I'm starting to think Sonic never will have a romantic relationship, and he never will want one, and if he does, it will be when he becomes much older, and Amy may or may not still be waiting. She's a young girl and they tend to rush into relationship. When she gets older, some one else will probably sweep her up, or she may be available, and still feel for Sonic. I couldn't see Amy getting feelings for any one else in the cast, and Sonic seems to treat the other female characters the same as the male characters ( unless they're fighting )

I can't say I ship Knuckles with anyone. I'd like to think that he would only be interested in a romantic relationship if it were with another echidna that would understand his gaurdian duties and even help him with it. That said, the only other female echidnas in the series is Tikal, and she's long dead, and Shade. I guess Shade would be my most logical choice to ship with Knuckles, but I don't see her high tech style fitting in with Knuckles primitive ways.

It's hard to tell if Shadow would ever be interested in a romantic relationship or not. He didn't seem like it in any of the games, but in each of those scenarios, something more important is going on. Maybe if ever things settle down around him, he'll contemplate the idea. I can see things working with him and Rouge easily, she clearly cares for him very much.

I can't really say I ship any other couples in the series. Tails shows no interest in anyone other than Sonic really, I'm going to conclude that he's too young to be thinking about a relationship. Perhaps when he gets older he may get eyes for some one. Perhaps Amy, but by then she may have won Sonic over. I'd like to think that Cream meets some one not affiliated with Sonic or his co-stars, when she gets older. I think she'd look cute with Charmy, but they have no connection what so ever.

I also think the Babylon Rogues annoy each other too much to consider anything there.

I normally don't consider any shipping outside of the Video Game canon, and when I do, it's hard to ship anything other than what I already ship in the games. But I adored the thing Eggman had going on for Ella in the Sonic X comic, it's cute, when I don't read the comics in her voice... I'd like to see Eggman take an interest in some one in the games though. There were lots of women his age in Sonic Unleashed. Maybe he'd prefer to build his ideal lady instead... I don't know. Maybe he's not interested.

I'm glad this place can be so civil compared to other places. If this were a Zelda forum I'd get flamed to hell and back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I'm not a huge fan of couples in games. It divide fanbases over things.

However, SonicXSally for the win.

Amy's a fucking stalker and Blaze has little to no personality. FLAME OOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I'm not a huge fan of couples in games. It divide fanbases over things.

However, SonicXSally for the win.

Amy's a fucking stalker and Blaze has little to no personality. FLAME OOOOOOOOOON!!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth

• Thumbs Up 1