Awoo.

Favorite Sonic couples

SpeedsTurbo

Knuckles and Rouge are pretty adorable, and they're really as close to canon as it gets.
Have Knuckles and Rouge actually interacted in any meaningful capacity in any game since SA2? I honestly can't think of anything.

Have Knuckles and Rouge actually interacted in any meaningful capacity in any game since SA2? I honestly can't think of anything.

There's plenty of stuff in Rivals 2 and a teeny bit in Chronicles, but that's pretty much it. Even that still makes them about as close to being kinda romantically involved as it gets outside of Sonic and Elise in '06, though. There's really just nobody else.

Really.

Nobody's mentioned THIS

SonicEliseKiss.jpg

yet?

(wonder how many times i'll be down-repped for this)

*pulls out shotgun*

*cocks gun*

*aims @ Ovarloard*

*BLAM!*

*BLAM!*

*BLAM!*

*pulls out Rocket Laucher*

*FFWWOOSSH!*

*BOOOM!*

*pulls out Spartan Laser*

*wwrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

*KKSSHOOOOM!*

Now what have we learned? ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

^ I understand the rockets, but was the Spartan Laser neccesary?

I am inclined to think that not confirming couples and dropping hints here and there is the best way to go as far as this franchise is concerned, but like most of you I also have my favorites. As such, I will incur the penalty for piling on and kick the Sonic x Blaze bandwagon on its way to a full head of steam. I happened to greatly enjoy the interactions we got from the two in SR and SRA both in terms of their personalities and the things we get to learn about their respective worlds. To me, few other characters “work” together like they do. If I had to pick 1 couple to be represented, that would be the direction I would go in.

And for all you people screaming about how couples don’t exist in the Sonic games universe, need I remind you that a female lover was originally planned as motivation, and the idea of a romantic interest female lead was a recurring idea tossed around during development of some of the games.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Oh come on, it's hard not to support this brilliantly steamy relationship between an unaccompanied 15 year old hedgehog boy and a shady 38 year old homosexual human male who wanders around parks in the inlying Empire City area.

I personally categorize Louie Montain as an "Omnisexual". He'll bump uglies with anything that has an ugly to bump.

But more on topic, I've always though Sonic & Amy has always had a fun little dynamic to it, that is as long as Amy isn't hallucinating.

DENIED.

If you make a topic, you have to accept that anyone can post ANY opinion as long as they don't flame or insult anyone and aren't clearly shit-stirring.

Some of my favourite couples are m/m. Granted, I like some m/f too, but heck, my views are as valid as anyone else's. If you want to make topics, then please don't try to censor the forums (; That's MAH job, bee-yach.

(I'll post mine later? Take it easy though, peeps. I don't wanna see rampant stupidity or flaming, k? Topics like this have a NOTORIOUSLY short life-span so let's try to be good?)

I'm just going to imagine that you posted yours in this post because I already know it. Anyway, Sonic & Tails being in a relationship has a kind of "I've got some candy in my van airplane" flavor to it.

*pulls out Spartan Laser*

*wwrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

*KKSSHOOOOM!*

Man, I loved the Spartan Laser in the beta, but then they had to change its awesome triple beam into a boring unibeam.

Sonic and Amy are alright as well, at least when Amy's characterized properly, and I have a soft spot for Blaze/Marine and Silver/Espio on the not-het-enough-for-this-topic end.

orite, Silver x Espio! How could I have forgotten one of my favourite crack pairings? D:

Silver x Espio

Wait, what?

Yes! Silver x Espio. In much the same way that Blaze acquired a newfound friendship with Cream in Sonic Rush, Silver quickly befriended Espio in his return to the past in Sonic Rivals 2. Espio had a similar role to Blaze's in Sonic the Hedgehog, actually. Being the calm and collected guy that he is, he was one of the few people who was patient enough to tolerate Silver's "OMG! GOTTA STOP NEGA!" antics, and actually spent the time to hear his side of the story. I think Silver was good for Espio as well, seeing as he was able to socialize with someone outside of the Chaotix Detective Agency for a change. It's a shame that he was too busy tracking down Whitestones in Icepeak to chill with Silver and the gang in Mario & Sonic AT Vancouver Olympic, though.

Yup yup, Silver x Espio's pretty awesome too, yup~

Edited by HunterTSF

My favourite pairing is without doubt Sonic X Amy, especially within the Sonic X universe. Undoubtedly the strongest romatic pairing in ANY Sonic media is Sonic and Amy in X.

Need reasons why?

Immense yet well hidden affection for Amy is written all over Sonic in Sonic X. Written all over him. There are so many examples that prove this so well;

1. Saving her by jumping into the ocean at the Emerald Beach Resort in episode 9 even though he has complete inability to swim. Even though the shell bracelet Amy made for him was smashed to pieces including some of the string, it is quite obvious if you are paying particular attention that Sonic definately went above and beyond in repairing it, as it is seen on his wrist at the very end of the episode, with new shells and new string. It is clear as day that he regarded that present with a lot of value and sentiment and therefore went to great efforts in repairing it;

shells.png

The downside is that this bracelet is never seen again ;_;

2. Sonic seems to greatly appreciate the efforts Amy goes to when it came to the attempts in stopping his out-of-control motor functions in episode 24. They even share an 'intimate' moment at the beginning and end that Sonic only 'ruins' (At the beginning) by toying with his ear. I don't believe that he is trying to annoy Amy on purpose as he is oblivious to her reactions due to being a bit deaf (He does have a piece of a robot stuck in his ear afterall). At the end, he even allows her to blow hay out of his ear, which is just adorable :>

3. In the Japanese version not the dub of episode 29, it is very strongly implied that there is a deeper connection between the two as whilst Sonic is on the X-Tornado, he can actually hear and 'feel' Amy's distress whilst she is being held captive on the Egg Carrier. It's a very brief moment and Sonic's "Sixth Sense" is extremely interestingly hinted at again in episode 49 when he can "hear" Chris calling him even though they are very far apart.

4. In episode 45, Sonic is extremely hesitant to attack Amy when they are pitted against each other. Amy does not make the first move but then neither does he. And this is before Amy starts getting all mushy. Not once does Sonic make any kind of motion or portray any intent that indicates that he wants to attack her.

5. And the strongest ever evidence goes to; Episode 52. My god! This episode contains so much SonAmy that it's almost unbelievable! The Natsu No Hi song by OFF COURSE is extremely revealing because the scene it plays in was made to the beat of the song as well as having scenes descriptive of the lyrics. Going by this aspect, the song is strongly implied to be sung from Sonic's POV. Yes, Sonic's POV. And it reveals so much. If the song wasn't enough to cement it, then there's the part where Amy insists that he tells her that he loves her. Cue Sonic giving her a light purple rose which have a long reputation as being symbolic of love at first sight and enchantment and his response being intentionally muted. There have been many suggestions as to what his lip flaps match but it is generally agreed to be "I love you Amy Rose" in Japanese. And I don't think he said this just to satisfy her and cease her crying whilst having no true sincerity behind what he did because Sonic just doesn't seem to be like that in that scene, the lyrics backing-up his feelings.

6. In episode 65, Sonic looks clearly gobsmacked at the on-board party when presented with Amy in her new dress.

7. Amy succeeds in destroying Lovers Rock with her hammer, a rock which has a legend surrounding it; That if one can destroy the rock, they will have a loving relationship with the love of their life for the rest of their lives. Sonic immediately darts when Amy succeeds. Yeah she had a powerful weapon to demolish it with but then why did Sonic get so skittish?

8. In episode 75, Final Mova tries to regale Sonic into joining their side and asks why he continues to resist. Sonic's answer kinda makes them pissed and they respond by forcing water through their branches in order to attack Sonic. Before Sonic gets taken, he shoves Amy out of the way, shouting that he doesn't want them to hurt her and telling Amy to forgive him a second before he throws her off the branch to save her before Final Mova gobbles him up.

9. Amy's attempts to save Sonic from the Aqurius water/planet egg planet just result in her being practically knocked out when she sinks into Aqurius. Sonic grabs her in both arms, looking clearly concerned until the planet eggs save both of them. They entwine hands before gazing into each others eyes either spellbound or in deep affection. Both manage to escape Aqurius, Amy in Sonic's arms. Everyone else looks on happily.

10. Throughout the rest of episode 76 and some of episode 77, Sonic and Amy have clearly joined hands. He shows great concern for her when she falls to the ground when Dark Oak is sucking out everyone's life;

sonicconcern.png

I interpret all of the above to be solid evidence that Sonic truly has the hots for Amy Rose in Sonic X but is just too skittish except in episode 52 and near the end of the series to actively show it. It's such a delight to see and is what I base my love for SonAmy in Sonic X off of <3

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh Gawd things like this creep the fuck out of me.... but I'll just leave this video here then...

Blaze X Eggman Lawls :Plaugh.gif

Edited by Crash

There's plenty of stuff in Rivals 2 and a teeny bit in Chronicles, but that's pretty much it. Even that still makes them about as close to being kinda romantically involved as it gets outside of Sonic and Elise in '06, though. There's really just nobody else.

There was also the scene at the end of Heroes.

Anyway the only couple I'd like is Rouge and Knuckles.

Edited by MarcelloF

Oh Gawd things like this creep the fuck out of me.... but I'll just leave this video here then...

Blaze X Eggman Lawls :Plaugh.gif

Honestly, I'd still take RobotnikXBlaze over SonicXAmy and all the other "official" and "normal" ones. People only react horribly because Robotnik isn't hot. If it was Chaos, Mephiles, or even Black Doom, you'd get just as many OMG SO KAWAII ^_^ as you would for an average ShadowXRouge scenario.

Like I always say, no one respects a well-trimmed moustache.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Eggman has Ella. They even have the same voice actor.

Edited by MarcelloF

Ella will snap you in half.

I'm not going to be defeated by someone that comes from Sonic X.

That's enough motivation for me to snap her in half.

Then it's Thorndyke's turn...

Oh, speaking of which, ChrisXDanny for life.

^ I understand the rockets, but was the Spartan Laser neccesary?

It was either that or a nuke...:D

I'm not going to be defeated by someone that comes from Sonic X.

That's enough motivation for me to snap her in half.

Provided you could avoid her frying pan...or actually snap her in half. As big as she is, I wouldn't be surprised if blows bounced off her. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

DENIED.

If you make a topic, you have to accept that anyone can post ANY opinion as long as they don't flame or insult anyone and aren't clearly shit-stirring.

Some of my favourite couples are m/m. Granted, I like some m/f too, but heck, my views are as valid as anyone else's. If you want to make topics, then please don't try to censor the forums (; That's MAH job, bee-yach.

(I'll post mine later? Take it easy though, peeps. I don't wanna see rampant stupidity or flaming, k? Topics like this have a NOTORIOUSLY short life-span so let's try to be good?)

yes mother

i see were all having some fun here lets switch it up and name some of our least favorite couples ( besides thingking the most disgusting couple possible but knowing u guys u probably will :lol: ). mine is probably ( dont get mad ) sonic and amy ( que the angry fanboy and fangirl screams ) i just dont think sonic is that intrsted. amy is more of a stalker then anything else and dont use the excuse but he saves her all the time, yes he does but he saves anyone whos in trouble i mean remember how many times sonic saved elise? ( somebody look into that and give me a count ). There is also a slight age difference, sonic is somewhere around 15 and amy is around 12. in real life that would be a little weird. your turn.

P.S. Everyone that posted eggman and nega gave me nightmares. CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU!! :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic_Eggman_Love__3_by_senbaduru.png

It's just sooooooooo canon.

nuclear_explosion2006.jpg

Great. Now look what you've done.

IProvided you could avoid her frying pan...or actually snap her in half. As big as she is, I wouldn't be surprised if blows bounced off her. :lol:

She would be strong.

But she's from Sonic X.

That takes a million ATK and DEF points off instantly. And regardless of such, I'd easily break her anyway by summoning and controlling all my pure concentrated hatred for Sonic X.

yes mother

Lol.

But seriously. You can't just say "OH BTW DON'T DO MALE ON MALE" and expect it to work. I'm not a m/m or a f/f person either, but I don't just block others' thoughts like that.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Edited by SpeedsTurbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nah, it's cool.

Also, this is the Sonic fanbase. By the time the innocent wanderers get to the pairings, they'll have had all their fear sucked right out of them already.

My favourite pairing is without doubt Sonic X Amy, especially within the Sonic X universe. Undoubtedly the strongest romatic pairing in ANY Sonic media is Sonic and Amy in X.

You can’t be serious about that Verte. I am right there with you, pointing out all the signs Sonic X throws in Amy’s direction, but you can’t possibly believe that it even comes close to the strength of the romantic pairings from the comic series.

Sonic X (save for 1 heavily debated dubbed scene) does little more than heavily imply. Sonic even managed to pass that benchmark with Bunnie in the comics. No other medium *pushes away fan-crafts* can match the loving droolz put into the comic series.

You can’t be serious about that Verte.

I am. No other implied romantic pairings in any other Sonic medium had such effort invested into such an explicit portrayal of affection like the Natsu No Hi scene in episode 52 stated. That and the air around Sonic in X that just reeks of concealed affection.

Sonic even managed to pass that benchmark with Bunnie in the comics.

Except that Archie Sonic is a whore. His thouroughly unconvincing love dodecahedrons and kiss kiss slap slap moments are partly what makes me dislike that iteration of Sonic so much. What did he do to Bunnie? Save her from some Nanites? Doesn't seem like some convicing reason to go all lovey dovey with her to me like he did.

• Thumbs Up 2

MY least favorite would either be (I'm not counting those joke ones): SonicxBlaze, because I think they are alot better as friends and ShadowxRouge because Rouge was shown to have the hots for Knuckles and I think she and Shadow should just be friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great. Now look what you've done.

Meh. I can do worse. :P

She would be strong.

But she's from Sonic X.

That takes a million ATK and DEF points off instantly. And regardless of such, I'd easily break her anyway by summoning and controlling all my pure concentrated hatred for Sonic X.

You still have to get pass that frying pan to break her tho.

And the weight she has on her, that's still not an easy matter.:lol: