Awoo.

Favorite Sonic couples

SpeedsTurbo

Oh god, and I thought I was the only one. I don;t know what's happening there, but I always liked that idea too.

it's like... general writting patterns pairs them together.

They're the proto-Shadow / Maria, if you ask me.

Shadow sometimes views himself as good for nothing but destruction, and it's his memories of Maria that convince him otherwise. Likewise, during Super's good phase, he viewed himself as nothing but trouble; Ebony was willing to console him this wasn't true. I've always thought Shadow and the good Super, if they ever met, probably would be good friends. The fact they're destined to outlive everyone they care about aside.

One area where it differs is whereas Shadow was the insane one in the relationship (he wanted to exterminate an entire race because he thought that was her desire, for goodness sake), Ebony is the crazy one in the Super / Ebony relationship. She must be mentally deficient, since she seems incapable of understanding that Super is just as beholden to the hot blooded nature of chaos energy as Sonic was before him. Her numerous attempts to explain that he won't turn evil shows she's insanely devoted. At least Shadow eventually snapped out of it and realised he was letting his personal desire for vengeance clouding his reason. Ebony on the other hand doesn't seem any bit closer to understanding that feeding Sonic a ton of chaos energy is NOT the way to bring her friend back.

Oh, whoops, ranted on.

But yes. Ebony x Super Sonic. They're just a devoted pair, those two. Really tragic what happened to the latter. :( (I've always hoped STCO will bring him back in some way, but I'm not holding my breath)

The ones that make sense.

The easiest way to begin on this course is to have an official publication of who is heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual, I think.

Of course that opens a huge can of worms so it would never be done.

Let's just roll with everyone being bisexual for convenience. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have never been a fan of couples, because it isn't canon and most likely never will be, so why support it?

However, I am rather fond of SonicXSally. Why you ask? Because it was indeed canon at one time, they had mutual feelings for one another and to me, Sally just seemed like the right kind of girl for Sonic. She seemed the right match for his personality, relatively tough, tomboyish and, just seemed right.

The only coupling I cannot stand is SonAmy, but I'm not going to let out my opinions because I know it would only anger a lot of people ^^

The ones I like:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/008/f/9/couples_doodles_1_by_smsskullleader-d4lsd39.jpg

But if I have to only choose one, that would be Sonic x Amy. The reason why I like it is because these are two characters who despite sharing core aspects such as their love for excitement and adventure as well as wanting to always give a helping hand to those in need, there are also enough differences between both characters that not only let each one be a character in their own right, but also complement each other in a way that could be described as the normal and spunky city girl who teaches the wild, untamed guy a thing or two, while still having enough of a wild side herself, so as not to tie him down. 

The other thing why I like this particular ship it's because how it started, with Amy having what could be seen as a childish infatuation or mere hero worship that eventually develops into more than that. Likewise Sonic, who at first was uninterested in the young girl, also at one point develops a sort of feeling for Amy, though he probably is unaware of it, which is also part of the charm of this ship since Amy is the one who is open about her feelings, while Sonic is completely clueless about his very own, and when he displays something for Amy, it's very, very subtle (or unconscious, like the one from S&tBK). Only reason why I think both of them are not a couple in the traditional sense it's because they usually have misunderstandings derived from their own character flaws (Sonic will always hide his fears and insecurities with attitude, while Amy displays her sadness and hurt as anger). However both characters really care for each other and don't mean to hurt the other, which is why they quickly forgive their trivial and silly misunderstandings and while they might not be a "couple", at least they are close friends.

Edited by Skull Leader