Awoo.

Favorite Sonic couples

SpeedsTurbo

I am. No other implied romantic pairings in any other Sonic medium had such effort invested into such an explicit portrayal of affection like the Natsu No Hi scene in episode 52 stated. That and the air around Sonic in X that just reeks of concealed affection.

Sure, no other “implied” pairing would match that, but you cant ignore marriages/arrangements/relationships that take place in the comics and call the implied Sonic X relationship the strongest relationship period.

Even at its most basic levels, Sonic never made it to first base in Sonic X. In the comics, not only did he steal homeplate, but he picked it up and carried it with him around the corner. Shoot, ½ the comic is devoted to his on-again off-again’s with Sally. Thats some serious dedication right there (which is a large reason why Sally has such an anti-fanbase).

I'd also say Knuckles and Julie-Su also go farther than what occured in X. As far as the comics go, they are legit too.

Except that Archie Sonic is a whore. His thouroughly unconvincing love dodecahedrons and kiss kiss slap slap moments are partly what makes me dislike that iteration of Sonic so much. What did he do to Bunnie? Save her from some Nanites? Doesn't seem like some convicing reason to go all lovey dovey with her to me like he did.

Not arguing that. Archie Sonic may jump the gun when it comes to being passionate, but that doesn’t mean we can ignore the relationships he did have, in favor of one that at best was only heavily implied.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the comics, not only did he steal homeplate, but he picked it up and carried it with him around the corner. Shoot, ½ the comic is devoted to his on-again off-again’s with Sally. Thats some serious dedication right there (which is a large reason why Sally has such an anti-fanbase).

I fail to see what Sonic sees in a young woman who, time and time again, has shown that she cannot distinguise between love for her people and romatic love for a partner. They are two very different things. It just feels incredibly awkward for Sal to say this and go ahead and smooch newcomer Khan in front of Sonic and react around Khan like he's her rock throughout the Iron Dominion arc when Sonic has been around far longer and has acted like Sal's rock far longer. It is incredibly selfish to expect Sonic to just drop his heroics gig and endeavors to protect the innocent from Eggman just to be by her side. Note that I am not condoning Sonic's behaviour either.

Argh, I just hate how Archie has characterised Sally >_< But then going by her actions in the Satam episode that featured Griff and Lower Mobius as well as her occasional behaviour towards Sonic, she seems to be the epitome of "Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I fail to see what Sonic sees in a young woman who, time and time again, has shown that she cannot distinguise between love for her people and romatic love for a partner. They are two very different things. It just feels incredibly awkward for Sal to say this and go ahead and smooch newcomer Khan in front of Sonic and react around Khan like he's her rock throughout the Iron Dominion arc when Sonic has been around far longer and has acted like Sal's rock far longer. It is incredibly selfish to expect Sonic to just drop his heroics gig and endeavors to protect the innocent from Eggman just to be by her side. Note that I am not condoning Sonic's behaviour either.

Argh, I just hate how Archie has characterised Sally >_< But then going by her actions in the Satam episode that featured Griff and Lower Mobius as well as her occasional behaviour towards Sonic, she seems to be the epitome of "Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" anyway.

We don’t necessarily have to understand it, just acknowledge it. Hands down Sonic and Sally are the most romantically involved pairing of them all.

That being said, I can agree with you. I don’t necessarily like some of the directions the comics have taken in the characterization of Sonic and Sally, and the way she has acted lately only exacerbates that. I tend to cut her a bit of slack, seeing as how she would be likely to take his death in #125 the hardest, but that leash is only so long. Even so, the two are there, and even if I don’t necessarily see why, I have to respect it. In 9/10 futures, she seems to be having his children, so I’ll take it on faith that the two will have some staying power.

I’m not knocking against Sonic X, I just don’t think you can compare a implied relationship to a legit one. On that note, Antoine/Bunnie may surpass Sonic and Sally.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Meh. I can do worse. :P

You still have to get pass that frying pan to break her tho.

And the weight she has on her, that's still not an easy matter.:lol:

You know what's more effective than a frying pan?

A gun.

So I suppose I'll be the first to root for EllaXBiolizard.

So I suppose I'll be the first to root for EllaXBiolizard.

I dunno, man. Were you paying attention the last time you beat SA2? Biolizard/Eclipse Cannon is practically canon.

...ha, canon. Cannon. I kill me sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know what's more effective than a frying pan?

A gun.

Only as effective as the person using it, tho.

Takes a lot to get those tho, not to mention certain felony charges that go along with murder that'll prevent you from getting another in certain places if you get caught. A frying pan on the other hand you can get anywhere, and the felony charges with that aren't as much with that kind of object (still a felony tho). :D

BTW, you do know I'm just joking around right? B)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Pfft, I can just tell the police that she comes from Sonic X. They'll understand.

(Yeah. Of course you're kidding. I'm not that stupid. :lol:)

So then... BiolizardXEclipse Cannon, eh? Yeah, that's probably the most obvious one of them all. Don't you remember exactly where the Cannon went up during the match between the Super hogs?

You still have to get pass that frying pan to break her tho.

Bah, the frying pan is one of the weakest special weapons in the game, a HUmar's starting weapon does the same amount of damage.

And as for this bit about Verte v SegaDogTagz, the distinction Verte is trying to draw is that Sonic X goes about romance in a more believable way than the comics, which seem to go about romance the way as George Lucas.

Edited by Phos

hey guys not to be pushy but can we please stay on topic and answer my question please

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Sally, they go together so well.

Knuckles and Julie-Su, they have similar personalities, and they look cute together.

Knuckles and Shade.

Shadow and Maria, another cute couple.

Shadow and Rouge.

*Disclaimer* These are MY personal favourite ideas, and for the most part they're not (and never will be) canon. I'm fine with that :3 That's what FANDOM is for.

Sonic/Tails - What can I say? I'm just a total sucker for best friendships that turn into romance. I love their dynamic so much as it is, and I just find the idea of them as a couple irredeemably cute. I also think they just compliment each other so much. Sonic's sharp spines and Tails' fluffy fur. Sonic's jagged outline and Tails' curvy form. Sonic's blue and Tails' orange (colour wheel, people!). Sonic's extroverted confident nature and Tails' introverted awkward nature. Sonic's speed and Tails' flight. Sonic's street smarts and Tails' intellectual smarts. I could go on... It just works so well for me and it's FLUFFY beyond belief. I don't care what people say about the age difference or them being 'brothers'. It's my OTP and always will be ♥

Bunnie/Antoine - Probably the most 'canon' of the couples I ship. They're married in the comics after all XD But I supported them long before that. Another pairing that I just find really sweet. I love both characters anyway, and it's nice to have a pairing where the female definitely wears the pants. Also, they both have THE most amazing accents. The Southern Belle and the Frenchman. They deserve to be happy, so I'm happy for them! Bunnie is exactly right for Twan, one of the few people patient and sweet enough to put up with him. And Twan is the type to be totally dedicated and devoted to his 'cherie', so... awwww~

Knuckles/Sally - I was always kinda sad that this pairing never went anywhere in Archie. The idea of them knowing each other as kids and growing up together, then getting separated for a long time before meeting again later and falling in love is just really nice. Of course, Sally will always end up back with Sonic in the comics. Thems the breaks. But I think Sal and Knux work much better. They're both guardians of a sort - Knux is guardian of the Master Emerald and Sally is guardian/leader of her people. Her royal background makes her respectable while her Freedom Fighting credentials make her tough, things that Knux seems to respect. Plus she can more than handle his temper, and he seems to open up around her. It works perfectly to me (if only Knucklehead wasn't trapped on that island 99% of his life).

Scourge/Miles - Oh boy XD Well, if I ship Sonic and Tails, I can't NOT ship Scourge and Miles. They are the same people after all, just with flipped moral compasses. Therefore the whole dynamic is changed and becomes one based on hate and one-upmanship rather than any friendship or, blech, love. It's about the only hate-ship I've ever supported ^^; But I can't help myself. I'm a sick puppy fox =P

And there we have it. Flyboy's list of personal favourite Sonic pairings.

[Edit: Crap, tried to fix a typo and accidentally deleted the whole thing. *Reposts*]

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, three times I've posted in a "Sonic couples" thread since the forum reset, and each time I'm amazed how many Sonic/Blaze supporters are here. Like, at least once I remember there were more people in support of Sonic/Blaze than of Sonic/Amy.

Anyway, *raises hand* another supporter is here. How many others are still out there?

I fail to understand Sonic's fanbase. If its not canon, why discuss it? If Sonic is not paired with, example, Rouge (or any other derisory paring one may come up with), why assume they should be? It's clearly not a direction the character development is going, so why bother about it? If anything, it just seems like overactive wishful thinking. If Sega want to do something with it, let them do that, otherwise you just look foolish.

So I would love someone to explain to me why this should be otherwise.

On Something slightly more on topic. I'm not exactly sure what pairings I support (or see developed on). Sonic/Amy has always been one that takes main focus, and therefor most interesting, but I'm not sure if developing on it would work very well without seeming awakward. Shadow/Rouge seems just as (if not more) interesting, but its hard to tell if thats a pairing or a friendship. I don't know, perhaps that status Que is fine as it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

I fail to understand Sonic's fanbase. If its not canon, why discuss it?

Fans like to dream, which most of the time leads to more harm than good.

I'm not a big fan of shipping as in I don't feel I have right to do so. They're not my characters, so what right do I have to place them with someone they'd probably never pair with? I'm probably thinking to much into this, but that's my opinion.

But if I have to play by the rules of this thread, I guess Shadow and Amy always intrigued me. Not that I want them together, but the thought of the sweet, good-hearted Amy trying to make an honest hog out of Shadow would be both intriguing and humorous.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I fail to understand Sonic's fanbase. If its not canon, why discuss it? If Sonic is not paired with, example, Rouge (or any other derisory paring one may come up with), why assume they should be? It's clearly not a direction the character development is going, so why bother about it? If anything, it just seems like overactive wishful thinking. If Sega want to do something with it, let them do that, otherwise you just look foolish.

Because it's fun to be creative and make believe. Simple. I don't see how it's foolish as long as I'm not expecting or asking for it to happen canonically. If I like an idea, why shouldn't I expand on it in my head or on paper? I'm certainly not saying any of my favourite pairings SHOULD be canon, but heck, I like imagining.

Why do people write fanfiction or draw fanart? Should we not make up stories because they haven't actually HAPPENED in canon? It is really hard to understand that people like to make up their own ideas based on canon without in any way claiming, or even wanting, them to be real?

Killjoy much? =P

People bother because most people aren't robots, most people are able to think about things without someone first telling them to think about it. If one happens to like the Sonic/Rouge pairing, and thinks that there's some evidence to support it, then why wouldn't the person want to discuss it? Why should preferences and possibilities be limited to what a corporation says is possible and what you should prefer?

Discussing and theorizing and debating outside the norm is the basis of creativity. Deal with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fans like to dream, which most of the time leads to more harm than good. I'm not a big fan of shipping as in I don't feel I have right to do so. They're not my characters, so what right do I have to place them with someone they'd probably never pair with? I'm probably thinking to much into this, but that's my opinion.

What 'harm' if it's just make believe?

Well, "harm" might be too strong of a word, but you can't deny there are some crazy fans out there with all their charaterXcharacter and half-a-name-half-a-name shipping, and I just feel it doesn't really benefit anything other than maybe the fanart community.

So? If it benefits THEM, even if no one else, I still don't see the harm. They/we get pleasure from it. It's really not hurting anyone, so why be hatin'? ):

Because it's fun to be creative and make believe. Simple. I don't see how it's foolish as long as I'm not expecting or asking for it to happen canonically. If I like an idea, why shouldn't I expand on it in my head or on paper? I'm certainly not saying any of my favourite pairings SHOULD be canon, but heck, I like imagining.

Why do people write fanfiction or draw fanart? Should we not make up stories because they haven't actually HAPPENED in canon? It is really hard to understand that people like to make up their own ideas based on canon without in any way claiming, or even wanting, them to be real?

Killjoy much? =P

But its not really your thing to say what they should be doing. I don't recall you coming up with those characters, so why should you annoy everybody else with it? Fan-Fiction is one thing (assuming it stays within the bounds of what we already know is correct), and Fan-Art is just that, so nothing wrong with it either (well, some of it anyway), but Fan-Parings goes directly against what currently is, and has been. Simplified: "I don't recall them being together, so why don't you keep that strange idea to yourself?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Fans like to dream, which most of the time leads to more harm than good. I'm not a big fan of shipping as in I don't feel I have right to do so. They're not my characters, so what right do I have to place them with someone they'd probably never pair with? I'm probably thinking to much into this, but that's my opinion.

The thing is, you have every right to do so. Doesn't mean you HAVE to, of course, but as long as you're not selling your ideas about the Sonic characters, you have every right to speculate, make believe, go crazy.

If all art was restricted to literal interpretation there would be no art at all. Art, literature, music, all works of fiction are meant to be interpreted. Even if there were canon pairings in Sonic, it would still be fair game to imagine your own. As long as you're not telling anyone else that's how it canonically IS or SHOULD be. It's a personal thing, and most of all, it's just fun.

I'm sure SEGA is more than happy to have people enjoying their characters in whatever way they want as long as they keep buying and promoting the product. Any exposure is good exposure.

• Thumbs Up 2

But its not really your thing to say what they should be doing. I don't recall you coming up with those characters, so why should you annoy everybody else with it? Fan-Fiction is one thing (assuming it stays within the bounds of what we already know is correct), and Fan-Art is just that, so nothing wrong with it either (well, some of it anyway), but Fan-Parings goes directly against what currently is, and has been. Simplified "I don't recall them being together, so why don't you keep that strange idea to yourself?"

Annoying everyone? By having a personal idea that I share with other people who are into fan-stuffs? I don't recall anyone FORCING you to read this thread or go look at fan pairing stuff. In the end, I'm not telling SEGA what to do. I am simply having fun with ideas and alternate universe type situations. I make no money from it, do not feel my ideas are what SEGA *should* be doing, so why can't I share this with other people who enjoy a bit of creativity?

I don't think SEGA minds. I think you just have a stick up your butt (:

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with you mostly, but the point I was trying to make is that not everyone in the world would appreciate something they've created being altered to satisfy another person's fantasies. I'm sure SEGA couldn't give a damn about character shipping, but some people would if it was their own creations.

By altering (and not just by shipping) someone else's creation in any way, you're basically saying to the creator, "Hey, this character isn't good enough. Here's how I'd make it better..." Which is a slap in the face to the creator in my opinion.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

Annoying everyone? By having a personal idea that I share with other people who are into fan-stuffs? I don't recall anyone FORCING you to read this thread or go look at fan pairing stuff. In the end, I'm not telling SEGA what to do. I am simply having fun with ideas and alternate universe type situations. I make no money from it, do not feel my ideas are what SEGA *should* be doing, so why can't I share this with other people who enjoy a bit of creativity?

I don't think SEGA minds. I think you just have a stick up your butt (:

I never said Sega minded (Quite frankly, I don't think enough fan related content reaches them, but whatever). While yes, I could ignore this thread, you will note that I came here asking a question, to which you have failed to answer me. Yes, as a person, you can come up with your own ideas to how things should work, but the concept is that its not your idea to begin with, so your altering it in a way that presents a problem. You could like Sonic/Tails, but everything points to otherwise. There is nothing to point towards them liking each-other, and there is certainly nothing saying that they are gay either. You have modified the characters to the point that its no longer them, so how does that work? (spoiler alert: it doesn't). It's gone beyond being creative to the point that your just being plain silly. At which point you should keep it to yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Simplified "I don't recall them being together, so why don't you keep that strange idea to yourself?"

Wow... am I sensing a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on fan-pairings? XD

And how would fanfiction be fanfiction if it had to stick to EVERYTHING we already know is correct? That's crazy! Where do you draw the line?

Edited by Way Past Cool