Awoo.

Favorite Sonic couples

SpeedsTurbo

They've actually asked for fan ideas and speculations before. Particularly the Archie comics, where shipping has been discussed a lot, and fan art etc of couples not currently canon in the books have been published. They're just happy that people like their characters enough to make their own ideas with them (:

I never said Sega minded (Quite frankly, I don't think enough fan related content reaches them, but whatever). While yes, I could ignore this thread, you will note that I came here asking a question, to which you have failed to answer me. Yes, as a person, you can come up with your own ideas to how things should work, but the concept is that its not your idea to begin with, so your altering it in a way that presents a problem. You could like Sonic/Tails, but everything points to otherwise. There is nothing to point towards them liking each-other, and there is certainly nothing saying that they are gay either. You have modified the characters to the point that its no longer them, so how does that work? (spoiler alert: it doesn't). It's gone beyond being creative to the point that your just being plain silly. At which point you should keep it to yourself.

Ridiculous. Take the Archie comics... they have multiple universes where the same characters exist but just have minor differences. If you lack the imagination to understand my initial points, you can just pretend I'm writing about one of those infinite multiverses (;

Even aside from that, it's just a bit of FUN. It doesn't hurt you. It doesn't hurt SEGA. Therefore there is no "problem" And you are NOT the thought police. So as a mod I'm going to put my foot down as we're getting off-topic here. Please leave us alone with our fun little ideas and go be a grouch elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow... am I sensing a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on fan-pairings? XD

And how would fanfiction be fanfiction if it had to stick to EVERYTHING we already know is correct? That's crazy! Where do you draw the line?

Basic concept: Nothing wrong with creating a new and interesting for Sonic, or anything Sonic related. Consider it the same effect of creating a custom map for a game. As long as the Status Que remains, its not really altering it (ontop of that, I honestly don't read fan-fiction anyway, as I typicly don't see good writing long enough to hold my attation).

They've actually asked for fan ideas and speculations before. Particularly the Archie comics, where shipping has been discussed a lot, and fan art etc of couples not currently canon in the books have been published. They're just happy that people like their characters enough to make their own ideas with them (:

But hang on, isn't that them asking for ideas? If they are asking for ideas, wheres the problem?

Edit: Just notice you said we are going offtopic. Fair enough. I'll stop. Although calling me a grouch just because I said your being a little too creative is a bit... hypocritical isn't it? Lets just agree to disagree.

and there is certainly nothing saying that they are gay either.

I dunno man. Sonic met with this guy on a nightly basis for several consecutive days in dark alleyways to partake in "training sessions of love".

firsttime.jpg

Your call.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you're going to rail against the mere discussion of fan pairings on the basis that there's no evidence from Sega to support it, what about all the other things we talk about that's just as unsupported by Sega yet goes unchallenged? Game theories/ideas, narrative and historic theories, and other forms of fanon in general all fall in the same pool of "speculation that Sega has probably never thought about." Yet fan pairings seem to get singled out extremely often as "stuff you need to keep to yourself." Can we get a little consistency, or are you just holding fan pairings to some invisible standard because you're bothered by the old-as-Methuselah idea of some cartoon characters having a relationship? I'm not even an avid shipper and this attitude aggravates me.

Some couples can falls under the realm of Fanfiction, which has a particular stigma about it in some circles. I suppose that the other things you list could fall under the title of research, in that it's based on analyzing official works. Some couplings such as Verte's giant post can also fall under research as well, I suppose. This sounds a lot more negative than I meant it to be. I just like figuring out why people think things.

I do believe I called time on this debate, so regardless of which side I agree with, could we please get back to discussing the actual topic of favourite couples (canon OR non-canon)? (:

I know this little arguement's just finished, so I'll just say this: as much as I'm crazy for crack pairings and get tired of "official/natural" couples, I'm not expecting any of them to happen, and I realise that it's good that they won't happen. It's just something I like.

Anyways, yeah. Louie's clearly fruity for Sonic. But I can't see it working. It'll be Sonic 2006 all over again... only two times more man.

If nobody's mentioned a Sonic/Shadow/Silver threesome yet, allow me to ruin your evening by doing just that. :lol:

SpeedsTurbo, I've had to delete three spam posts from you already. If I see another post like "oh god", I'm giving you a warn. Please try to tidy up your typing too. Thanks.

Sonic is a womanising whore, he'll sleep with anything and then move onto the next girl in a flash. He's a terrible male rolemodel, women to him are pieces of meat ready for him to quench his desires, He'sbeen through at least 20 that I can think of, and fantasizes about many more.

Not just humans, fish, strange alien women, and even robots.

Nothing is off limits for him.

And thats just halfway through the series of AOSTH.

Think about it, in AOSTH, almost every episode contains Sonic kissing passionately some new random girl, fantasising about one, or thinking about one.

One example of when Sonic really takes women for granted and uses them to thirst his sex, would be in the episode which he helps a bloke named burt and his cafe. How does this episode end? Well Sonic runs off, then comes back with a knife and fork, says "Well it's lunchtime somewhere, and I'm hungry!" Before leaping into the arms of Burts sexy waitress and kissing her.

As objects, yes, Sonic is a whore. when Sonic has to stop bombs at the airport, lighthouse and train station, he has to think how he'll get to the other side of the world. His idea comes to him in a lightbulb over his head. But sonic says "hmm I can do better than that" The lightbuld then changes to several lightbulbs, each wearing sexy black stockings dancing. Sonic then says "Now thats more my style."

I ask you.... do these not sound like the actions of a merciless whore who will have ripping times in the dark? His cloak and dagger will clubber those women with sex, until they break like meringues. He's a dirty hog... and they want him.

I guess Shadow x Blaze.

This is spam ): Please elaborate.

This is spam ): Please elaborate.

Oh, sorry, I guess because the have more chemistry out of cast of happy go lucky and energetic creatures who don't sit down and take in the world around them. I actually see them interacting more as friends or allies given their juxposition in being self reserved and alone in their goals. They'd be a great couple because they seem to connect to things that they take seriously and are devoted to a cause that they will carry out no matter what. Plus Shadow needs a girlfriend, and Rouge isn't what I strike as a romantic companion for him.

If nobody's mentioned a Sonic/Shadow/Silver threesome yet, allow me to ruin your evening by doing just that. :lol:

Well.... . >> <<

I mean shipping them are quite normal...

right?

SonicXSonic via shenanigans.

also ahahaha, archie parings are kinda stupid, i mean they literally paired Sonic up with every main female character.

Archie Sonic is a man-whore, outdone only by Scourge >_> ... ♥

I can't believe no-ones said this one yet.

Vector and Vanilla.

Vector having a secret crush on her is very sweet, I think. He'd also be mature enough, I think, to help take care of Cream if they ever got together. (Though I could see a lot of drama initially, if we're assuming that Vanilla's a widow, from Cream thinking that Vector's trying to replace her father). Admittedly, it's mostly a Sonic X thing, but Sonic Heroes came before Sonic X anyway, so who knows if it'll transfer over. I hope it does, I think it's sweet.

Then we have

Rouge and Knuckles

Let me be clear that this one isn't dead. It's just been turned into a triangle. (You could make a good case for Rouge liking both Knux and Shadow, even from the games). This has led to a lot of people fighting over it, even me on occasion. Hey, I still don't think Shadow needs a girlfriend. He had Maria (Ok, that's a joke). Anyway, their teasing relationship in Sonic X works, and I dunno what the ending implies, but I like it. I can live with the triangle though, I guess. Who knows, Rouge might even be polyamorous. Then maybe everyone would be happy. Or no-one would be happy. One of the two.

Finally the old classic.

Sonic and Amy

Sonic wouldn't let her chase him if he didn't have some feelings for her. It's like Garyu in Pucca; he fancies her, but he doesn't like all the overattention and lovey-doveyness she gives him. I think the same is with Sonic. He has a world to save! I'm not sure he's in the right state of mind to have a relationship yet, but I'd argue that eventually he'd stop running and ask her out. But that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well.... . >> <<

I mean shipping them are quite normal...

right?

:lol::lol::lol:

Cute drawing, I was worried it'd be R-rated for a second there! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Cute drawing, I was worried it'd be R-rated for a second there! :D

Rickrolled? XD We post here by the rules! :D

I won't say a threesome, but I'll like it if the three hedgehogs take turns to be couples one way or the other xD

And sadly, that isn't my drawing. D: But I sure am confident that mine is comparable with the one posted xD

Well if Princess Elise can't have Sonic, I think this may work.

SonicManxElise! We all remember that poser from Soleanna's streets! He's the next best thing for Elise and she wouldn't be commiting beastiality.

Seriously, I'm not too sure which is best. maybe ScourgexScourge cause he just adores himself. With all the Sonic love things here, I'm suprised there's not been any SonicxScourge....

• Thumbs Up 5

Scourge x Anything with a pulse, mate >_>;;

• Thumbs Up 1

Please, we all know that ErgoxBlaze is the only working Couple in the Entire Series.

But to be Honest, I personally quite like the SonAmy pairing the most.

I'm still going for AmyxBean! Other crack pairings make me scratch my head but I totally support DuckHedgehog love!

SpeedsTurbo, I've had to delete three spam posts from you already. If I see another post like "oh god", I'm giving you a warn. Please try to tidy up your typing too. Thanks.

oops sorry i didnt know i couldnt say that im sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

oops sorry i didnt know i couldnt say that im sorry

"Oops, sorry, I didn't know I couldn't say that. I'm sorry." <-- Fixed. Fix up your typing please. We try to run a somewhat respectable ship here (: I don't care about the odd typo or grammar slip, but you're really being lazy. I'm getting a little annoyed.

• Thumbs Up 1