Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Comparing FR Knuckles to SC Sonic, yes. But not when comparing FR Knuckles to FR Sonic. Sonic's voice is so different between FR and SC. Direction is everything it seems and the acting in this game is crap.

Edited by Ryusuke

Seriously, what happened here? This really gives the wrong impression. Ah, well, I'm just glad they're sticking with the one in Colors.

That said, I do like the voices. Knuckles sounds like Dan Green Knux done right. Shadow sounds epic. Rouge sounds great. Cream, Wave and Vector, too. I...don't know what to think about Amy and Jet. :mellow:

EDIT: Though then again, it seems more or less FR is more of a testing ground for the voices. Huh.

Rivals 2 had the exact same problem to be honest. Lines were acted out of context, Tails was the girliest he's ever been and even Eggman's voice faltered. It's the direction and style of the scenes. We can get an idea of the new voices in this games, but it's not going to provide the best examples.

Edited by Ryusuke

Again, no prob! ;) Just letting you know though there's a slight error when you list the order the characters speak:

It's actually Amy, Sonic, Cream, Vector, Omochao, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Omochao, Rouge, Omochao.

Woops. Thanks for that. Edited the article now.

Fantasy just said there no credits after beating the Heroes story, so there's likely a credits sequence after beating all stories.

Edited by MarcelloF

sonicdihedgehog1 has just posted on one of the videos and claims Knuckles is voiced by Travis Willingham.

@Naruto498 he`s voiced by travis willingham

Wikipedia says Travis Willingham is the official voice actor of Knuckles. SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wikipedia says Travis Willingham is the official voice actor of Knuckles. SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Well, I say he's voiced by Les Dennis[/childish Wikipedia editing]

I hope someone with a lot of stamina can see the game through to the end and grab the credits list soon.

Cream is DEFINITELY Michelle Ruff

Whoever it is, I want to congratulate them. Cream is one of my favourite new voices. She finally sounds like she should instead of some whiny high-pitched... thing.

Overall, I think this is definitely the best voice cast to date. The main four - Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman - are all spot on. Most of the supporting cast too, like the aforementioned Cream, are pretty dang good as well.

The only one I really don't like is Amy. Just... what. Minnie Mouse FTL.

Edited by Doctor MK

This person claims to have played and beaten it:

I gotta say, it feels very broken at first, but once you get used to it, I liked it better than Zero Gravity. Gives quite a workout too.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/sonicfreeriders/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57019479&pid=997715&tag=topics;title

I've replied and asked them for the voice actor list.

So here's where we stand so far:

Sonic: Roger Craig Smith

Tails: Kate Higgins

Knuckles: Travis Willingham

Amy: Unknown (Lara Jill Miller?)

Cream: Michelle Ruff

Shadow: Kirk Thornton

Rouge: Unknown (Karen Strassman?)

Eggman: Mike Pollock

Vector: Unknown (Keith Silverstein?)

Silver: Unknown

Blaze: Unknown

Jet: Unknown

Wave: Kate Higgins

Storm: Travis Willingham

Big: Kyle Hebert

Omochao: Laura Bailey

Edited by Cyberlink420

Thanks for the videos guys. I like the voices :)

To be honest I liked the last lot too, for the most part. I mean the acting was pretty poor for the most part but they were all suited to the characters etc., it was only Tails who I really found irritating before...

Anyway, Knuckles. My favourite character. So I liked his SA1 voice, his SA2-Heroes one I found very boring, the Shadow-06 guy, well I didn't like when he got all 'GRAAAAAAAAH!' in Sonic X but I do like his voice in the games (SEGA probably gave him different direction) and I think it suited the character pretty well, a lot more energy and a lot more interesting than the last two - I'd have preferred to have gone back to his SA1 sound, there was something very sort of noble sounding about him in that one and I really liked it - BUT considering how used to the Shadow-06 guy I am and how fitting I find his voice I say it's great to hear the new guy is very similar, only with much better acting. Good stuff.

Everybody else seems good too. Sonic doesn't sound as different as he seemed to in Colours - though his script and directing in this one seem to be much cheesier, so it's probably how the guy acts in different situations. I prefer the Colours cut scene just because the dialogue is so well written and his acting is so natural to it, these are much more 'forced', but this is proof that in the more 'upbeat' situations in Colours he won't be as jarringly different as it seems.

Ok, letsee:

Sonic: Not doing it for me, it still sounds forced and through the nose. Forced through the nose? That goes for colors as well. Not sure how much of this is really to blame on Roger. It's far from annoying, but I wouldn't really call it good.

Tails: I don't share other's unmitigated enthusiasm for Tails's new voice, but it is much improved.

Knuckles: No different to my ear.

Amy: Ehh. We'll see where it goes from here. It kinda sounds to me like her actor was maybe improving a bit more than she probably should have but I can't blame her for trying to make it more interesting than, well, reading.

Shadow: Let's hope his newfound tendency to draw out words so much doesn't last long, otherwise it sounds like a winner. At least it isn't as bad as the Hell Talons from Soulstorm, though. I can't help but picture this voice coming from Vantoogle's redesign of Shadow.

Vector: MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYY!!!! That is all.

Cream is still kinda lame (so her voice matches, I guess), Omochao is inoffensive, and Rouge is much improved.

Writing kinda sounds like it was intended for a PSA. Colors as well, really.

Edited by Phos

I'm actually thinking Amy sounds like Olive from Popeye, I'm not liking this new voice for her since I was always a fan of the way her old actors voiced her =\

Vector: MY FIGHT MONEYYYYYY!!!! That is all.

The best part is that Vector practically says this in the game. I wonder if he actually HAS Balrog's VA. We've got two Street Fighter VA already

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that. :)

Also, Shadow sounds like Vega sometimes (despite being Guile according to the rumours).

Out of curiosity, did we actually get an official reason for the VA switch? And what's the new studio? It seems like the 4Kids contract came to an end and SEGA found a better deal.

Edited by Blue Blood

Out of curiosity, did we actually get an official reason for the VA switch? And what's the new studio? It seems like the 4Kids contract came to an end and SEGA found a better deal.

Studiopolis? Well, it only makes sense that the company that sounds like a Sonic level is able to dub them so well. And Bill Corkery productions? Haha. Did they ever keep it close-knit when they did the voices. Tails, Charmy and Espio were voiced by William, Emily and Bill Corkery respectively in Heroes.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Out of curiosity, did we actually get an official reason for the VA switch?

Fans bitched, and like everything else, Sega's changing things up, whether some people who liked things the way they were wanted the change or not. Negative voice's are louder than the positive ones I guess. I really wish some of the 4kids cast would've stayed though...like Amy. >3>

• Thumbs Up 1