Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Fans bitched, and like everything else, Sega's changing things up, whether some people who liked things the way they were wanted the change or not. Negative voice's are louder than the positive ones I guess. I really wish some of the 4kids cast would've stayed though...like Amy. >3>

I'd be really surprised if "fans bitching" was the main reason for the VA switch. ShTH (and Rush) in 2005 was the first game to have them and by the time 06 was out a year later the bitching had died down almost completely.

Also, 4Kids Amy was the best thing ever (see Unleashed). Studiopolis Amy is abysmal.

Also, 4Kids Amy was the best thing ever (see Unleashed). Studiopolis Amy is abysmal.

Agreed. I kinda like the tone, but the wishy-washy-ness has to go. I can't tell her apart from Cream in some of the audio clips.

I rather like the new Silver, but I don't know about the new Blaze. Amy's voice sounds like a bust right now. Shadow's VA needs to quit chewing the scenery. That's probably my problem with Blaze as well.

Edited by Phos

Studiopolis? Well, it only makes sense that the company that sounds like a Sonic level is able to dub them so well. And Bill Corkery productions? Haha. Did they ever keep it close-knit when they did the voices. Tails, Charmy and Vector were voiced by William, Emily and Bill Corkery respectively in Heroes.

Actually, Bill Corkery was Espio

That's what I meant. I'd just checked them all before writing.

For those who don't know, Studiopolis is pretty much the biggest studio that dubs anime in the US, with hits such as Naruto, Digimon, Bleach, and the like. If you hear actors like Kirk Thornton, Wendee Lee, etc, chances are it's a Studiopolis dub.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

For those who don't know, Studiopolis is pretty much the biggest studio that dubs anime in the US, with hits such as Naruto, Digimon, Bleach, and the like. If you hear actors like Kirk Thornton, Wendee Lee, etc, chances are it's a Studiopolis dub.

Edited by Hero of Legend

Let's hope Naruto's voice actress doesn't voice any boys in Sonic.

Don't worry, she's doesn't take a career in Voice acting, thank god.

Roger Craig Smith FOR THE WIN!!

his Colors and Free Riders voice is truly amazing and to do that well for only 2 games so far that is pretty impressve.

I gotta say, after listening to the Free Riders stuff, I really like his Super Sonic. I hope Sega consistently has him sounding like that.

I gotta say, after listening to the Free Riders stuff, I really like his Super Sonic. I hope Sega consistently has him sounding like that.

Can you get us a sound clip of this here Super Sonic voice?

I thought Viz did Naruto and Saban did Digimon.

Edit: Nope, Studiopolis took over after Saban was bought by Disney. Naruto is listed though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studiopolis

It's more of a case where Viz (Naruto) or Saban/Disney (Digimon) will use Studiopolis to do their voicework while they do the dub. 4Kids did the same thing - everything up until 2003 was recorded at TAJ (early Pokémon, early Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tama and Friends, etc.). The Pokémon Company's new dub of Pokémon is recorded at TAJ (Seasons 9-10) and DuArt (Seasons 11+).

It's more of a case where Viz (Naruto) or Saban/Disney (Digimon) will use Studiopolis to do their voicework while they do the dub. 4Kids did the same thing - everything up until 2003 was recorded at TAJ (early Pokémon, early Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tama and Friends, etc.). The Pokémon Company's new dub of Pokémon is recorded at TAJ (Seasons 9-10) and DuArt (Seasons 11+).

Yeah, DuArt had a voice director from 4Kids who had worked with Veronica in the past so that's why Sarah sounds good in Seasons 11+.

I'm also very sure TAJ and DuArt have a bit more control than just the voices. The style of the theme songs, the credits in the openings - there was some obvious change when DuArt took over.

Yeah, DuArt had a voice director from 4Kids who had worked with Veronica in the past so that's why Sarah sounds good in Seasons 11+.

I'm also very sure TAJ and DuArt have a bit more control than just the voices. The style of the theme songs, the credits in the openings - there was some obvious change when DuArt took over.

This I didn't like too much. :< I loved 4kids openings. By comparison, the new guys themes aren't all that great. I mean, the Battle frontier sounded alright though it still wasn't as good, but everything else afterwards was such a dip in quality.

Edited by Inferno

I must say I really enjoyed the voice work in Colours.

It's interesting about Sonic's voice - Roger's is quite a lot deeper than we've been used to, but as somebody who plays Sonic Adventure 1 regularly, it's not so alien to me, because Ryan Drummond had given him that deeper 'ninja turtles' voice in that game, and I think it suited him more than what it became from SA2 onwards anyway. I'm really pleased to have that style back instead of the bad Jaleel White impersonation it evolved into.

Thing is, though, while I like the sounds of the voices in SA1, the acting was just terrible - this time though everybody sounds great but acts great too. I think that Roger, coupled with the animators and writers, have really finally made Sonic into what he was always supposed to be (after some baby steps in this direction with Jason Griffith starting at Secret Rings), and I'm really pleased with the characters now.

Also, brilliant choice to keep Eggman - Mike Pollock was just awesome, above and beyond anybody else in the 4kids roster, and it's almost like he IS Eggman now, so it's great to see he's staying.

Great stuff. Let's hope Roger's a keeper!

• Thumbs Up 2

^Truer words have never been said. :D It's nice to finally have an actor where I don't have to worry about the acting quality and just watch Sonic be Sonic for once.

^Truer words have never been said. :D It's nice to finally have an actor where I don't have to worry about the acting quality and just watch Sonic be Sonic for once.

A Sonic VA that doesn't suck on his first out going, it must be a miracle. Seriously he sounded great in both Free Riders,and Colors which I'm pretty sure were developed around the same time, and even had enough to do his role as Ezio in ACB, the man is awesome.

I seriously hope this cast stays for years to come. Yes, even Vector and Amy. If needed, they can change the voices a bit, the the actors/actresses themselves are MUCH better at actually acting. The voice director just made weird decisions for some voices. Amy shouldn't be THIS high pitched. I wouldn't mind Cream sounding like that, but Cream's voice is actually -better- than Amy's this time around.

Edited by Shade Vortex

Uh...did anyone almost forget that Roger was voicing Sonic after playing through most of Colors?

I swear his voice is THAT natural that you end up forgetting the VA change.

• Thumbs Up 1