Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

For anyone interested, here's an interview with Roger where he talks about things like how he got into voice acting and such. It was made for Resident Evil 5 but a very good interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVbj475Z9I

(this might have been posted, not sure, I just remembered about it since I watched all the Resident Evil interviews last year and remembered he had one)

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

This too. There were actually times when, urk, I actually couldn't tell without looking whether it was Amy Rose or Tails speaking. Of course, pre-teen males do sound much more androgynous than teens or adults. But he should still clearly be a boy, and I should NEVER have to confuse him with Amy ^^;

Edit: Also, let's try to limit mangy kitten discussion. The guy's clearly out to attack us and score points, but anyone with eyes can see how pathetic a slander attempt it is. So we shall not dignify him with our outrage =P

I never actually got confused between Tails and Amy, but you're right in saying he sounded like a girl. In Shadow he at least that whole scratchy thing going on with his voice so it didn't sound like he actually was a girl. Palant was just bout the only actor who got progressively worse wuth time. Tails is a young boy, and quite a gentle one at that so having a girly voice isn't the worst choice for him. But you see, girly voice =/=girls voice.

For anyone interested, here's an interview with Roger where he talks about things like how he got into voice acting and such. It was made for Resident Evil 5 but a very good interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVbj475Z9I

(this might have been posted, not sure, I just remembered about it since I watched all the Resident Evil interviews last year and remembered he had one)

I think he meant the exclusive that he was going to do the voice of ezio

Edited by Jaouad

I think he meant the exclusive that he was going to do the voice of ezio

I fix'd because I figured that too rethinking after I wrote that, though the time frame of voice work also would be around then but I guess he couldn't reveal it then months in advance.

Anyways we'll be seeing Sonic and Tails in action pretty soon and later we're going to be able to hear Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Jet, Wave, Storm, and likely others like Rouge, Cream, and maybe even Silver and Blaze later so honestly that rose my interest in Free Riders though not buy a Kinetic so going to have to rely on Youtube.This voice change is more interesting to me because A.) We knew what most of the voice actors were going to be beforehand thanks to Sonic X and, B.) So far their including voice actors I respect and like from other places. Love Mike as it is and Roger and Kate I like a lot too, which makes me interested for the rest.

Also a reoccurring theme I can see is likely some more of the new VAs will have either voiced in one or all of the following: Mad World, Valkyria Chronicles, and Naruto. Going to look at the voice lists and come up with a crackpot list of some potential VAs.

I'm actually placing my bets on Amy being voiced by Laura Bailey at this rate.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

With Roger Smith and Kate Higgins, it would appear that Bang Zoom Entertainment is involved somehow, since both have connections to that. *crosses fingers for Crispin Freeman as Shadow and Wendee Lee as Rouge*

Edited by Snatcher2047

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=krVbj475Z9I

That video is really funny with closed captions ^^ Chris Refield is crisp and filled in xD.

Anyway, I wonder if SEGA actually thought about bringing back the old cast, because so many people wanted it. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just curious..

I just realised something, Lisa Ortiz was part of the previous VAs, right? Dang lol

Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to Amy not being voiced by the same actress who did Lina Inverse from The Slayers anime any more :c

Edited by Eth

Do you think Kate Higgins will do a double role for Amy as well as Tails?

I hope not. I don't want anymore double roles. I want everyone to have their own VA.

I have to admit, I'm actually more shocked she ISN'T playing Amy. Maybe it's the whole pink hair thing between Amy and Sakura, but I think her Sakura voice would work for Amy for the most part.

I hope not. I don't want anymore double roles. I want everyone to have their own VA.

Would it matter it Higgins is a fantastic Amy as well as Tails?

I'd rather not have her play Amy too. I'd be afraid I'd hear similarities in the voices, even if they were distinct. I'd prefer if Tails' VA focussed exclusively on being a boy for her Sonic VAing sessions =P *Paranoid*

What Indigo said. When characters who have the same VA sound sufficiently different from each other (Knuckles, Vector and Pickle) I don't see what the problem is. Kate Higgins shows a great deal of variation in this demo reel, and at least once style of voice that would would fit Tails and another for Amy. Either way though, I think the blogs would have said if VAs either of the mentioned actors were performing double roles.

Edited by Blue Blood

Didn't seem to cause much of an issue between Sonic, Jet and Shadow, but in the end it really doesn't matter to me.

Its not really about them sounding the same for me, I just want them all to have their own VA's :| Kind of stupid, I know.

Also, I don't think Sakura's voice would fit to Amy.

If it is, in fact, Bang Zoom now doing the Sonic games, I think Michelle Ruff would be a logical choice to play Amy. Or maybe Kari Whalgren. Yes, definitely Kari. Michelle would be a better Blaze without question.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Didn't seem to cause much of an issue between Sonic, Jet and Shadow, but in the end it really doesn't matter to me.

Oh God yes it did. While I did like Sonic's voice from Griffith, he used it for everything. DANIMALICIOUS!

(Anyone got a better example?)

And then Shadow Sonic sounding gruff and Jet was Sonic with a cold (at least in Riders one, he was more distinct in ZG).

@ Marcello: Agreed. Sakura wouldn't make a good Amy. I was specifically talking about the "I have a cute sundress that would...." voice. Naturally that's not right for Amy either, but I think the style is there.

Edited by Blue Blood

I never heard that much of a difference, really. Oh well.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I never heard that much of a difference, really. Oh well.

What do you mean by "never heard that much of a difference"? Between The Adventure and 4Kids cast or what?

What do you mean by "never heard that much of a difference"? Between The Adventure and 4Kids cast or what?

Oh, derp. I meant to say "didn't sound the same."

And that's between Sonic, Shadow and Jet.

@ Marcello: Agreed. Sakura wouldn't make a good Amy. I was specifically talking about the "I have a cute sundress that would...." voice. Naturally that's not right for Amy either, but I think the style is there.

Actually, that part was directed at Snatcher post. He said he thought it would fit, so I just gave my opinion on that. I forgot to quote it, though.

Don't forget that Usopp from One Piece shared his voice with Sonic and Jet as well.

Palant is just the same though, Tails shares his voice with Shaymin Sky Forme, I swear the 4Kids VAs have two vocal ranges, one for happy characters and one for dark, moody characters... (excluding Mike of course <3)

Even though Griffith didn't have much of a range with his voice acting, out of every character he played I felt Sonic was best suited to his voice. He just has that upbeat, joyful sounding voice that suits Sonic.

That being said I do think Smith will do a good job. All I've heard is the demo reel which isn't much to go on but with practice I think he can fit the role nicely. I was worried he would sound butch like Chris Redfield but he doesn't.

As for Tail's new VA I also think it's a good choice. At least it's not screechy like Palant's and he still sounds like a boy.

Edited by CreamyBagel

I don't think he auditioned with a "Chris Redfield" voice. If he did, he would NOT have been hired.

I don't think he auditioned with a "Chris Redfield" voice. If he did, he would NOT have been hired.

Oh I know, ha ha. I was just worried that he wouldn't be able to reach a higher pitch because his natural voice is so deep. At least we know he has the range to do different characters.