Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I hope they stick with the new VO's and stay with it. I mean I hate the changing of VO's so often. Its like Sonic does not have a distinct voice. He has had so many already.

This new talent can still be totally ruined if the writers don't get their acts together.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about that. They even broke out the Madworld writers.

The story seems to be set, but if they can pull off uncringeworthy dialogue, I'll be VERY happy.

Could this be the best year for the Sonic fan?

Of course 2011 has even more potential considering there may well be an even Bigger Sonic game in the woodwork with a storyline that isn't spcifically aimed at kids. Good gameplay + good story + Good dialogue = Perhaps the greatest Sonic game made in recent times. A lot is wishful thinking but SEGA, goddamn it, you HAVE to make it happen, its been 20 years for Gods sake

Yeah, that's an old video. I've personally had it with fixed audio for a couple of weeks. You can't hear Sonic say anything, only grunt a few times, so you can't really pass judgement on it.

I know it's only grunts, but it's the closest thing we have.

I heard his grunts and whatnot just fine. If that's Roger, then I hope that he's not being forced into a Griffith like performance because he's so much more talented than that.

YEAH. There's always a possibility that they're YEAH placeholder voices. Remember when Unleashed YEAH was at E3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnIfXFfmSHI

Just recycled YEAH clips from previous games. WOOOOAAAAHHHH!

FUCK!!! LOL

That '06 WOOOAAAHHH!!! XD

I recognize ta few grunts in those that are in the demo of Colors.

And oh god at "he-yah!" UGH!!! XD

Edited by Hero of Legend

Does anyone else find it mildy ammusing that on the day Chris Redfield is made Sonic, it's also our very own SSMB admin Chris is celebrating his 20th. What a way to celebrate your birthday than by having a new voice actor be cast.

Happy Birthday! Chris! Hope you like what you wanted: a voice actor who is NOT Jason Griffith.

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday! Chris! Hope you like what you wanted: a voice actor who is NOT Jason Griffith.

Give the man some credit, he put up with a load of shit from people and still kept the role for a good 5 years getting better each time, he still enjoyed it and he's gone without making a fuss about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Give the man some credit, he put up with a load of shit from people and still kept the role for a good 5 years getting better each time, he still enjoyed it and he's gone without making a fuss about it.

Griffith's performance in X and Shadow even were very different each other. While I didn't like him back then, by Unleashed he was Sonic the Hedgehog. Hearing him cry "WOOOO" and "Feelin' good!" the way he did then was great because it was just so God damn right.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

That's the thing though, you listen to the same voice over and over for five years, and anything starts to sound good/better.

I'll concede that he did somewhat improve by Unleashed, but he was still missing the mark.

That's the thing though, you listen to the same voice over and over for five years, and anything starts to sound good/better.

lol surely it's the opposite way around!?

Drummond was fine. Griffith was fine. I think Smith has enough experience and a good enough voice range to be fine too.

..If I was cocky enough I'd say something like [/end topic] right here, but I won't. Just adding my two cents. Hehe~

Any word on who Shadow's VA will be? It'd be awesome if Sega brought David Humphrey back for that role.

Edited by Cipher

Any word on who Shadow's VA will be? It'd be awesome is Sega brought David Humphrey back for that role.

Nope. We know of Sonic, Tails and Eggman only. We can probably assume that Metal Sonic and Nega won't change though, because Metal is now always silent (with robotic sound effects) and Nega's VA is Mike Pollock.

EDIT: Oh Gawd Inferno. That guy isn't even using a suitable example. Idiot.

Edited by Blue Blood

Jason's Facebook page has been invaded by his fans and guess who one of the invaders is? Spax3. I saw his photo and lol'd! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He actually makes a nice comment too, quite funny considering all of the hate and campaigns he spearheaded against Jason -

Alex Ed Prins-Stairs This really saddens me. You finally nailed Sonic in Unleashed and Black Knight and at that point, I was truly glad I gave up on this Sonic voice activism. I actually started to like you in the role more then Ryan for the most part at that point. While not as high pitched youthful as Ryan which was still my only comp...laint (though you did match it in earlier episodes of Sonic X), you came to sound more subtle and natural which was a very good thing to me, it sounded more universal for Sonic for that he could be either a humorous cartoon character, or a serious one, and I find proper mixes like that to be hard at times.

I'm sorry to see you go dude. You will be missed in the role :(

EDIT:

Woops, forgot the link -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=635123568

Hm, I've just found out that the new guy voices Zagi in Tales of Vesperia.

This makes me think, Troy Baker as Knuckles?

I wonder if we're into that 'tier' of actors now.

Huh, Higgins played Sodia in Vesperia.

Edited by Scarlet2106

The tables have turned.

Though, to be honest, I liked Griffith. All the cheesiness; the way he did the "up and down" thing, (though he went more subtle with it later on) the way he ended any sentence that ended with the letter t, as a hard "T", and the high pitched voice that reminded me of like 12 of his other roles...maybe I'm crazy, but...that kinda "made" Sonic who he was for me after 5 years of hearing it, and now that we finally have a "good" voice actor for Sonic, it's not the same as "that cheesy voice actor that somehow delivered in the end."

...I dunno where I'm goin' with this, gimme some slack I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awww crap...one of the first "NOT ROGER" vids are up:

Get. to. the bunkers. NAO.

Just rate the video down and tell him what a goon he is.

Are you implying a YouTube flamewar? Yes, they always work. Tell the troops in Afghanistan to continue fighting there.

• Thumbs Up 1

No sunshine I'm saying if you don't like the video rate it down and tell him what a goon he is....

Awww crap...one of the first "NOT ROGER" vids are up:

Get. to. the bunkers. NAO.

That is just pathetic, heartbreaking? There are far more things in the world out there that fit the term heartbreaking better. Roger isn't exactly going to use his Chris Redifeld voice for Sonic's lines is he? :lol: Geez, Roger hasn't even started yet so he should give him a chance. Also, was the photo of AAUK really necessary?

I've rated the video down.

• Thumbs Up 1