Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Ryan suggested to SEGA that they hire his friend David for the role of Shadow.

Yeah, I remember hearing that. I'm sure it was in SEGA's mindset to have a seperate actor before Ryan's suggestion though, and now that they're back in the casting seat again, it could be the case once more.

The only thing that concerns me is that they got rid of Silver... and he wasn't a 4Kids actor was he?

Silver was voiced by Pete Capella, who was indeed a 4kids actor. I suspect Capella also voiced Chip in Unleashed (under the alias Tony Salerno).

I will miss Dan Green and his everything-sounds-like-yami voice, but I'm ready for new people.

While we're talking wishful thinking, I'd love it if Tim Kang did Shadow's voice.

Mario and Sonic at the Raccoon City games.

Next event, tap the A button repeatedly to strangle the life out of Bowser! When your energy levels are high, press B to make Sonic yell "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLSHIT!" To then punch Bower in the face. Competitor with the strongest punch is the winner.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really..... in fact, I'd say the other's true.

Proof plz.

http://www.sonicscene.net/interviews/pollock.html

Sonic Scene: What are your thoughts on the controversy surrounding 4Kids and Sega's decision to replace the official video game voice actors with the Sonic X crew? It seems a good number of fans think highly of your voice work as Dr. Eggman (especially in Sonic 06), but haven't thought the same as the other 4Kids voice actors.

Mike Pollock: It would be tacky to badmouth my colleagues, so I won't, but I feel fans' pain. When voice actors have to be replaced, usually due to a death, the replacements are never as good (the aforementioned Jim Cummings channeling the late Sterling Holloway and Paul Winchell for Winnie the Pooh and Tigger being notable exceptions.) Still, the Sonic replacements were a business decision, and at the end of the day this is a business. I've been the replacee myself, when the entire cast of Pokémon got replaced, though in my case I had replaced the original narrator and he ended up getting his old job back. It sucked for a while but I eventually got over it. I appreciate the good reviews from the fans, but I'm also in the unusual situation of replacing a man who subsequently died (Contrary to popular belief, Deem Bristow passed away after we were cast, so his passing didn't prompt the mass replacement). I wonder if I get less hate then my collueagues because fans know there's sadly not much chance of the late Mr. Bristow getting his old job back.

There you have it. Deem Bristow's death had nothing to do with the voice change. It was just an unfortunate coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually cool with Pollock. Though I think he totally needs to rework his Eggman Nega. Possibly make it less screechy and more smooth.

Kotaku seems pleased with the news.

And lolz. Leave it to the Sega forums to come up with the worlds first "Who is better Roger Craig Smith or Jason topic...Christ... he hasn't even had a game out yet and already people are slagging off...

I swear... we should make a law, you need to pass an IQ test before you become a Sonic fan.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually glad Pollock is still on. I wasn't always a huge fan of his, but his work in Unleashed won me over finally, especially that little "Ho ho ho ho..." laugh in the opening movie.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Not really..... in fact, I'd say the other's true.

Proof plz.

You can ask anyone here, there's a good chance they would tell you what I'm telling you. I'll have to hunt down the page that revealed that info so it may take a while. Of course, even Eggmans wiki page says that Pollock recieved the role of Eggman shortly before Bristows death.

http://www.sonicscene.net/interviews/pollock.html

There you have it. Deem Bristow's death had nothing to do with the voice change. It was just an unfortunate coincidence.

Damn! You beat me to it!

In all seriousness, thanks. You saved me the hours of hunting down that page before I had to go to work. Now back to watching Chaos Wars' horrible voice acting...

I swear... we should make a law, you need to pass an IQ test before you become a Sonic fan.

But what would become of SSMB? *shot by all members*

Looking forward to hearing the new voices in action, especially since we got a previews from the demo reels.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silver was voiced by Pete Capella, who was indeed a 4kids actor. I suspect Capella also voiced Chip in Unleashed (under the alias Tony Salerno).

Ah. That explains it then... I seriously hope they get John Bosch to be Silvers new actor then.

I seriously hope they get John Bosch to be Silvers new actor then.

Johnny Yong Bosch would be awesome as just about anyone. And to a greater extent, Bang Zoom should dub everything. EVERYTHING.

I completely disagree with certain remarks such as "I suspect we won't even see most of the cast again bar spinoffs." I think Sega will rotate characters a bit more in various games, especially if a circumstance pops up again like Sonic Heroes. Most of the cast won't appear in a lot of the main plot games, but I can see a lot of variety popping up. Plus, there's plenty to work with for spinoffs that aren't simply party games (such as handhelds).

I doubt Sega's just going to drop a lot of characters. They'll rotate them in here and there, while the "core" cast (namely, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman; mostly Sonic, Tails, and Eggman) will appear in most, if not all games. Its also likely that certain characters will cameo in various games, too (Chaos seems to have done that a lot without really having a major plot role, if any at all).

Does anyone else find it mildy ammusing that on the day Chris Redfield is made Sonic, it's also our very own SSMB admin Chris is celebrating his 20th. What a way to celebrate your birthday than by having a new voice actor be cast.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Scene: What are your thoughts on the controversy surrounding 4Kids and Sega's decision to replace the official video game voice actors with the Sonic X crew? It seems a good number of fans think highly of your voice work as Dr. Eggman (especially in Sonic 06), but haven't thought the same as the other 4Kids voice actors.

Mike Pollock: It would be tacky to badmouth my colleagues, so I won't, but I feel fans' pain. When voice actors have to be replaced, usually due to a death, the replacements are never as good (the aforementioned Jim Cummings channeling the late Sterling Holloway and Paul Winchell for Winnie the Pooh and Tigger being notable exceptions.) Still, the Sonic replacements were a business decision, and at the end of the day this is a business. I've been the replacee myself, when the entire cast of Pokémon got replaced, though in my case I had replaced the original narrator and he ended up getting his old job back. It sucked for a while but I eventually got over it. I appreciate the good reviews from the fans, but I'm also in the unusual situation of replacing a man who subsequently died (Contrary to popular belief, Deem Bristow passed away after we were cast, so his passing didn't prompt the mass replacement). I wonder if I get less hate then my collueagues because fans know there's sadly not much chance of the late Mr. Bristow getting his old job back.

Well, there's the proof, guess I was wrong.

Was that so hard? :rolleyes: Plus, Mike himself said that was the popular misconception ;)

Edited by EXshad

Nope. Not hearing it. I think the ASR guy is a completely different dude.

I'm not hearing it either, but you have to rember that we haven't actually heard the new Sonic yet. All we've had is other characters by the same VA and his demo reel.

Mike himself said that was the popular misconception

True, but most of the web savvy fans who spend their time on this site know things like that which was why I was surprised.

Not really.... once again, I haven't heard that until you said it, and until the proof was posted.

And I spend a lot of hours on this site, on one or 2 days a week. But it's depending on what's going on.

....wait, why is it a GOOD thing to spend more time on the forums? XD I mean, these are some of the most awesome forums around, but I was under the impression that too much internet was bad for you :P

Not really.... once again, I haven't heard that until you said it, and until the proof was posted.

And I spend a lot of hours on this site, on one or 2 days a week. But it's depending on what's going on.

....wait, why is it a GOOD thing to spend more time on the forums? XD I mean, these are some of the most awesome forums around, but I was under the impression that too much internet was bad for you :P

The key word was "most".

Who cares anyway? Roll on reasons for a new cast!

DiMaggio could actually pull it off, he has a wide array of voices that sound nothing like what most people know him for: Bender. He's a very talented voice actor. Though I have to say, imaging Knuckles with a Bender voice is hilarious.

That guy did Jake in Adventure Time. Now imagine JAKE'S voice on Knuckles!

• Thumbs Up 1

The key word was "most".

Who cares anyway? Roll on reasons for a new cast!

Eh, I don't care, I'm eager to hear the new cast, now that SEGA has full creative control of who can voice who (based on Mike Pollock and the other 2 actors coming from 2 different agencies), I'm just having some fun :P

Edited by EXshad

I'm not hearing it either, but you have to rember that we haven't actually heard the new Sonic yet. All we've had is other characters by the same VA and his demo reel.

That's true. Maybe we'll hear him at Gamercon or something.

Edited by Ryusuke

Glad my latest collection addition is still relevant :)

IMG_8096.JPG

Hooray for keeping Mike!

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 8

This new talent can still be totally ruined if the writers don't get their acts together.

To put simply:

Badly written scripts = Potentially Bad and horrible executions of Lines = wasted Pizza =(