Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

"Obligatory “I just got on the Jason Griffith bandwagon but now it’s too late and I feel bad for dissing him” comment."

That's a quote from someone who commented on the story on TSS, and I have a feeling that's how tons of people feel right now.

For the heck of it:

Part of me was feeling sort of sad (even though I think the new actors will be great) just because he's been part of the franchise for so long. After watching the video I remembered why I don't care for him: he uses the same voice in almost everything he does which keeps Sonic's voice from feeling like it is Sonic's voice.

And BTW:

That's pretty cool and that's exactly the voice that Higgins should use for Tails. SOOOOOOO much more tolerable than the 4Kids voice (but then again, what isn't?). Higgins really has a way of putting some life into the characters she plays. Say what you will about Naruto, but

can be a saving grace for the show at times. Edited by Snatcher2047

That's pretty cool and that's exactly the voice that Higgins should use for Tails. SOOOOOOO much more tolerable than the 4Kids voice (but then again, what isn't?).

The voice he had in Heroes comes to mind.

"LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMAN'S ROBOTS!"

"WAHHH MY HEAD'S SPINNING!"

"I'M FALLING!"

Edited by LimeTH

"Obligatory “I just got on the Jason Griffith bandwagon but now it’s too late and I feel bad for dissing him” comment."

That's a quote from someone who commented on the story on TSS, and I have a feeling that's how tons of people feel right now.

For the heck of it:

Sooo...are all of his voices supposed to sound the same? Because they all either sound like Sonic or Shadow to me.

Just proof that Griffith had no range at all, in my opinion.

EDIT: okay didn't catch the part at the end there. He does an alright human character, but that's not saying much.

Edited by Nomad_350

I actually loved his Heroes voice. I'm trying to remember the exact line (haven't played Heroes in a while) when you fight the final boss and Tails says something along the lines of, "IS...HE...IN...VINCE...ABLE?!?!?!" Makes me LOL every time.

I actually loved his Heroes voice. I'm trying to remember the exact line (haven't played Heroes in a while) when you fight the final boss and Tails says something along the lines of, "IS...HE...IN...VINCE...ABLE?!?!?!" Makes me LOL every time.

On that note, I must say I really loved Ryan's "This looks like checkmate- Doctor!" Double Cheeeeseburger or not, I'd be interesting to hear this stuff come out of Roger's mouth.

I missed everything.... ;_;

Thanks electricity and internet who decided to die 15 miutes after the electricity came back ;_;

Seriously right now I am trying to catch up everything I can with this half connection (because I had to force it to go slow in order to work) I you don't have how much I want to make a huge raeg post about how much this day was ruined...

But this isn't the place for it, we have new VA, TSS keeps their rep (to me) and Also there is a chance that we get a chris redfield Shadow. xD

I'm kinda sad about this too because I liked a big chuck of the 4Kids cast, but what I could hear so far the change doesn't seems to be bad at all, not to mention the huge bonus of Pollock still being around ( Mike is <3 ).

I'm also pleased because none of the shitstorm going on in Youtube and the SEGA forums had reached this site forum yet, wich makes me feel happy about choosing SSMB as my Sonic board. :D

And I'm really diggin the new Tails VA, especially her singing. :P

p.d: Sorry for my crappy posting, I'm half asleep half frozen and half enraged about how my day turned out (me not thinking clearly). xD

Also there is a chance that we get a chris redfield Shadow. xD

As much as I love Roger's Chris Redfield voice, I don't think it'd be a good match for Shadow. It's not emo angsty dark... it's just not a good fit.

I just hope they don't try to get someone who just kinda sounds like Jason's Shadow and make the same mistake that some other dubs (Sailor Moon, Pokemon) did. It's like The Muppets after Jim Henson died. They just sounded weird for a long time. (Totally NOT a Family Guy reference)

On a side note, I think this is the most active I've been here without it having to do with Sonic related music.

EDIT:

NEW_VA__s_for_the_Sonic_crew_by_Trakker.jpg

LMAO

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just to complete this, anyway before I into lala.....I mean to sleep, I'll say the rest of my peace on this for our new VAs....

Surprise me....and can't wait to hear what they'll start sounding like starting this year (or the next according to gamestop, they're listing Sonic Colors for 12/31/10 O: )

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally they got rid of that hack Jason, and the rest of the 4Kids voice cast. I'm glad they kept Mike for the voice of Eggman, he's the only 4Kids voice actor who has talent.

• Thumbs Up 2

I never actually heard Roger's Chris Redfield voice. I have heard his Ezio voice, but assuming it's different because Ezio's Italian so has an Italian type voice.

I really gotta ask this too. Is it really necessary to have Tails voiced by a girl? I mean, Bradley Pierce, Christopher Evan Welch and Corey Bringas all did better at voicing him than Palant in my opinion. I mean they finally change his VA and it's still a girl... I just really don't get it or think it's necessary.

I really gotta ask this too. Is it really necessary to have Tails voiced by a girl? I mean, Bradley Pierce, Christopher Evan Welch and Corey Bringas all did better at voicing him than Palant in my opinion. I mean they finally change his VA and it's still a girl... I just really don't get it or think it's necessary.
I believe quite a lot of young male characters are voiced by adult women. If they're good at their job, you don't even notice. The main problem with casting boys for boys is that real people age whether you want them to or not; once they hit puberty, they're not going to be able to do the same voice.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I never actually heard Roger's Chris Redfield voice. I have heard his Ezio voice, but assuming it's different because Ezio's Italian so has an Italian type voice.

Well, the other ones sounded better because they actually were boys but keep in mind that boys' voices change over time. By keeping it a girl, it'll sound consistent and they can keep her hired for as long as they want instead of having to find replacements constantly.

Finally they got rid of that hack Jason, and the rest of the 4Kids voice cast. I'm glad they kept Mike for the voice of Eggman, he's the only 4Kids voice actor who has talent.

I wouldn't say that. All of them were quite talented.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe quite a lot of young male characters are voiced by adult women. If they're good at their job, you don't even notice. The main problem with casting boys for boys is that real people age whether you want them to or not; once they hit puberty, they're not going to be able to do the same voice.

"Good at their job" being the operative phrase. Amy Palant just... wasn't. She fell into the same trap that a lot of female VAs fall into when voicing young boys. It gets screechy, forced, ear-grating and not really very boyish at all. I'll give this new girl a chance though and just hope she doesn't try to emulate Palant too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nancy cartwright's been voicing Bart Simpson for over 20 years now, and does a good job. A-woman-voicing-a-boy type voice can work. I don't think "Sakura's" gonna have any problems here after hearing the demo reel either. She has a nice "Boy voice."

She fell into the same trap that a lot of female VAs fall into when voicing young boys. It gets screechy, forced, ear-grating and not really very boyish at all.

I blame 4Kids and Pokemon for that. Once Pokemon the anime got mega-huge in the U.S., all companies decided that's (Ash Ketchum) how all lead young boys should sound in anime.

Edited by Snatcher2047

I blame 4Kids and Pokemon for that. Once Pokemon the anime got mega-huge in the U.S., all companies decided that's (Ash Ketchum) how all lead young boys should sound in anime.

I was gonna say, actually, that Palant's voice for Tails reminded me of Veronica Taylor (Ash). It's not the same, but has the same negative qualities. The forced sounding voice that gets grating and kind screechy whenever the character emphasises anything. Thanks for bringing it up because I intended to mention it. (:

I haven't heard the new woman, but if she steers clear of that then she might be okay.

Except Ash Ketchum was actually good.

He got better. But in the beginning he was AWFUL.

Except Ash Ketchum was actually good.

Until Taylor stopped voicing Ash, and his new actress sounded FAR too forced.

Yeah, in the beginning Ash sounded forced, but as Kanto continued, she got used to her role.

I haven't heard the new woman, but if she steers clear of that then she might be okay.

Here ya go, an example of Tails' new actor:

Edited by Ferno

For the heck of it:

This is actually a good example why griffiths voice acting didn't have a good range and you could easily recognize it was him. It's like im listening to sonic in every character he does

Edit: Ow ninjad by nomad :P

Edited by Jaouad

Yes. As I previously mentioned, it's just like in Sailor Moon when Terri Hawkes (2nd Serena voice, most of season 1, R and the movies) had to quit because of pregnancy and they got Linda Ballantyne to replace her (S, SuperS).

The problem was, they didn't try to breathe new life into the character with a fresh new voice. Linda didn't attempt to play Sailor Moon. She attempted to play Terri Hawkes playing Sailor Moon. And it sounded AWFUL. Like Goofy (Disney) was in the studio recording. GARSH.

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... Thank you, Ferno, but it's not really enough to go on. I do have my reservations, but I'll hold back for now until I've seen (or rather, heard) more.

Yup, though she got better over time as well. Here's a comparison vid of Ash's old & new VA performances:

(Long intro is long- skip to around 0:38)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw38RiOGJh8

Here's a recent vid of Ash's current VA (Sarah) actually sounding close to her predecessor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dsRS05wAg&playnext_from=TL&videos=WUNdx365KG4

Edited by Ferno