Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I think I might have to do one of these videos.... it could be fun... mu-hahahaha!

You could make a very good spoof one actually, hop to it :P

I was also thinking of doing one, but I won't be home 'till around tuesday or so. =(

I'm gonna be sooo late with this, there's already gonna be hundreds of these things up before I can get mine up. ;_;

The lack of nerdrage is amazing. I guess voices are not that important anymore.

Civilised people are civil.

Were the videos like this in 2005? If so then you guys are seriously exaggerating with the shitstorms. People are taking it pretty calmly in those videos..

Were the videos like this in 2005? If so then you guys are seriously exaggerating with the shitstorms. People are taking it pretty calmly in those videos..

I wasn't in the 2005 lolocaust but I hope it was way worse than now...

Otherwise you guys were just hyping air, YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM SEGA!!! :angry:

Well Youtube was new in 2005 so videos weren't that popular yet since there was no central hosting site for them.

Also I think the opinion is well since the voice actors are actually talented individuals so far. Some concerns on what they may sound like (we haven't heard them yet as these roles) but there is no denying they are talented individuals. Before the change we knew most of the voices from Sonic X and 4Kids "lovely" acting. In this case we know no one beforehand how they will sound or who they are besides Eggman. So it's like surprises, and so far, pleasant surprises.

I've got to say I did expect more anger, rage and shitstorms after 2005's reaction but I'm guessing either voice actors don't matter as much to folks now or people are very pleased with the new selections since we have some major talent here. I wonder how things will go when we actually hear the new actors in their roles.

The real shitstorms took place when Brawl was announced to have Griffith.

Edited by XD375

Look up Spax3, then you'll know what the vids of 2005 were like. Folks like him were anything but calm.

The reaction this time has been "Oh cool!" a good 9 times out of 10, with most of the others just going "meh". So few people are upset. In 2005, SSMB banned discussion of it because there was shit flying here, there and everywhere.

Or you can not look up Spax3 and keep your sanity. :D

He told me to kill myself once for saying Griffith might do a better Sonic than Sean Schemmel, the voice of Goku. -_-

Edited by XD375

Not that this has anything to do with the topic, but I thought this was interesting, it's a recent (2008) interview with Jaleel White, he talks about his former Sonic role and stuff:

Yeah, I like this video. I like how he's totally cool with folks approaching him about Sonic (I definitely would mention Sonic before Urkel) and his line "You gotta google deep" makes me laugh. So true about him not giving Sonic a "race". Unlike later voices, Jaleel's Sonic is neither black or white. Just blue.

I like how he said "Robuttnik" as if that's how he always refers to Eggman informally.

In regards to 2005, I think it would (partly, at least) have been down to 4kids not being particularly well regarded rather than people not caring so much about VAs now. We'd still be having these shitstorms now if it was another company that had 4kids' e-reputation.

Anyone have a guess as to when we will get to here the new voices in action?

When Colors comes out in 3-4 months. Wow, posting that makes it feel less far away :o.

Barry: Totally agree, with that ^^ An I loved the Robuttnik part.

Has anyone seen Jaleel's recent interview on Attack of the Show? -

http://jaleelwhite.com/attack-of-the-show-interview/

Just found it on his website posted 28th June, only you need to be a friend on YouTube to see the video XD Does anyone have a link to see it elsewhere? It's about 'Fake It Til You Make iIt' but I'd like to see if he's asked about his days as Sonic at all.

Spax has made a video on the new voices. I haven't watched it yet, but I expect many laughs to be had.

Edited by XD375

Spax has made a video on the new voices. I haven't watched it yet, but I expect many laughs to be had.

I wasn't aware of his history with the VA complaints but he must have matured in the past couple years because he seemed pretty level headed in that video.

O_O

He was pretty tame in this one, he was actually MORE positive about this than the "NOT ROGER" guy. O_O

WHAT'S GOIN ON WITH THE WURLD?

I for one am also surprised at the lack of outrage about the voice actor change. I'm not saying it deserves outrage, quite the opposite - both Roger and Kate are very talented and have huge potential as Sonic and Tails. I'm just surprised there hasn't been more fuss, that's all. Heck, even Spax isn't raging. People have taking it all rather well.

So I reiterate what I said earlier in the day - I look forward to hearing the new guys in action, good luck to the previous cast on their future projects.

And bravo, Sonic fanbase. You've not ashamed yourself this time. For the most part, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, it might have something to do with what the series has been through in the more recent years. When the first VA change happened not many people thought such horrible things about the direction of the series. Once you've been through guns, motorcycles, "beastiality" :rolleyes: , loading, etc. maybe new voices don't sound so bad. Plus there's the fact that these actors are well known voice actors and there always was a hatred for anything 4Kids.

So, still no confirmation as to whether Roger is Consoles or not?

Nope. Granted we've not heard Roger's Sonic voice yet, I don't think it sounds like what I'd expect from him.