Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

No sunshine I'm saying if you don't like the video rate it down and tell him what a goon he is....

Well moonlight I was joking. People like him were inevitable though. He's hatin' words, not the voice.

Least someone on YouTube is in a better frame of mind, epic win! Voted up!

Awww crap...one of the first "NOT ROGER" vids are up:

Get. to. the bunkers. NAO.

I honestly did NOT expect this to happen, but FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

As retarded as ever, amirite?

*puts on safety helmet*

And BTW:

Edited by Black Spy

That's a pretty good example of Sonic may be like from now on. The Tails one wasn't such a good match up to the scene, but eh. Super excited!

You know I think that last video showed how Tails will sound from now on... It's fitting, and I really like it, a lot better than his old one. As for Sonic... I think Roger will make it sound a little different than that... it just doesn't sound Sonic-y.

EDIT: I just think it's funny that people are posting YouTube videos about this already.

Edited by Sapphire

I just find it funny that the fanbase spent 5 years trying to get Jason fired and now they finally get their wish they change their minds.

lolsonic

Keeping in mind that nobody can pass judgment on Roger or Whatshername yet because we haven't even heard them speak as their respective characters.

I hate how fucking retarded this fanbase is.

(aimed at brain dead YouTubers, not anybody here)

• Thumbs Up 3

And BTW:
Seeing...er, hearing, it in context (even if it is faked), I'm giving Smith a definite thumbs up, and Higgins...still not quite right, but better than I had thought it would fit, so I'm willing to bet I'll like what they come up with.

I think I have a theory of what happened to all the Ryan fans. They grew up and realized voice actors don't really matter. Now all the people whining about Jason leaving are around the same age the Ryan fans used to be, and it's just history repeating itself.

lol I still like Ryan though.

I just find it funny that the fanbase spent 5 years trying to get Jason fired and now they finally get their wish they change their minds.

The Sonic fanbase: Stubbornly defying all logic since 2005.

I honestly did NOT expect this to happen, but FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

As retarded as ever, amirite?

What, seriously? The second I heard the announcement I ran for the hills. I'm not going anywhere near a Sonic Youtube fan video for at least a year, and even by then it will still be going on. It might at least be tolerable by then.

Let's hope we don't hear news of a new Smash Bros. game involving Sonic for the next few years...

Let's hope we don't hear news of a new Smash Bros. game involving Sonic for the next few years...

Why not?

The Sonic Colours and Sonic Free Riders game cases should have a sticker on the front saying "ALL NEW VOICE ACTORS!". How crazy the fanbase has acted it could be a big attention grabber and make lots of sales from people curious about the voices :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

What, seriously? The second I heard the announcement I ran for the hills.

Thing is, I had my doubts after the announcement whether A] there would be people who'd negatively react to it, and B] they'd be vocal about it.

Edited by Black Spy

^ Brawl lead to a shitton of "Bring Drummond back!" whining.

WTF, really? "You're too slow" was fantastic. Best taunt in the game.

Anyway new guy should be good. Glad to hear it's someone with a lot of good voice work under their belts. I'm sure I'll like the new guy but it's just going to take s little while to get used to him.

"Obligatory “I just got on the Jason Griffith bandwagon but now it’s too late and I feel bad for dissing him” comment."

That's a quote from someone who commented on the story on TSS, and I have a feeling that's how tons of people feel right now.

For the heck of it:

Edited by Ferno

Hm, I've just found out that the new guy voices Zagi in Tales of Vesperia.

This makes me think, Troy Baker as Knuckles?

I was just watching some Tales of Vesperia videos online and I was just thinking the same thing: Troy Baker would make a great Knuckles. I hope he gets the role.

The tables have turned.

Though, to be honest, I liked Griffith. All the cheesiness; the way he did the "up and down" thing, (though he went more subtle with it later on) the way he ended any sentence that ended with the letter t, as a hard "T", and the high pitched voice that reminded me of like 12 of his other roles...maybe I'm crazy, but...that kinda "made" Sonic who he was for me after 5 years of hearing it, and now that we finally have a "good" voice actor for Sonic, it's not the same as "that cheesy voice actor that somehow delivered in the end."

...I dunno where I'm goin' with this, gimme some slack I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.

I actually have to agree with you. While Jason Griffith definitely wasn't the best voice actor (even after he improved years later), his voice just felt unique to me. And after hearing that voice for 5 years, it just felt like Sonic's voice. That's why it's a bit bittersweet to see him go: I do think Roger will make a good Sonic (due to him being such a well-liked VA), but I'm also kinda gonna miss Jason's "unique" take on Sonic.

I'm still looking forward to Roger's performance though and anticipate what he sounds like as Sonic. As I said earlier, if Roger does indeed turn out to be a well-liked Sonic voice, I hope he stays. I just want Sonic to have a consistent voice.

Thing is, I had my doubts after the announcement whether A] there would be people who'd negatively react to it, and B] they'd be vocal about it.

This is the Sonic fanbase. There's ALWAYS someone reacting negatively and loudly about even the most trivial details.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually have to agree with you. While Jason Griffith definitely wasn't the best voice actor (even after he improved years later), his voice just felt unique to me. And after hearing that voice for 5 years, it just felt like Sonic's voice. That's why it's a bit bittersweet to see him go: I do think Roger will make a good Sonic (due to him being such a well-liked VA), but I'm also kinda gonna miss Jason's "unique" take on Sonic.

I'm still looking forward to Roger's performance though and anticipate what he sounds like as Sonic. As I said earlier, if Roger does indeed turn out to be a well-liked Sonic voice, I hope he stays. I just want Sonic to have a consistent voice.

Griffith's Sonic voice was not unique. He used it for a number of characters and adverts, but I don't know the name of any specific example. That was my biggest gripe with him...

This is the Sonic fanbase. There's ALWAYS someone reacting negatively and loudly about even the most trivial details.

Sonic fanboy: Ugh, they made one of Sonic's quills too long I'm not buying this shit *buys the fucking game on release day*.

The Sonic fanbase is a strange one... ok beyond strange people complained from 2005 until now about VA's, Sega does as they request and hire new VA's "but it's not Ryan" complain more and say they want Jason back...

SEGA *reaction to Sonic fanbase*: wtf *boom*!

Edited by Silencer226

Griffith's Sonic voice was not unique. He used it for a number of characters and adverts, but I don't know the name of any specific example. That was my biggest gripe with him...

"Unique" probably wasn't the right word. I know what you mean and yeah, whenever I heard another character voiced by Griffith, I could easily tell it was him.

My point was though that Griffith's Sonic voice just suited Sonic IMO (especially since he was improving). He just became Sonic's voice to me, especially after hearing it for 5 years (I kinda felt the same way about Ryan's voice when he got replaced). Roger's voice may end up sounding better, but it obviously won't sound exactly like Griffith's.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not one of those crazy "BRING JASON BACK!" people. I'm actually looking forward to Roger's take on Sonic

Edited by gamerguy21

Well, to be honest I kind of expected some people to be upset about the change. I even remember back when we had Ryan, there were people that hated him as Sonic and wanted Jaleel back.

Least someone on YouTube is in a better frame of mind, epic win! Voted up!

Haha, thanks! :lol:

Edited by MugiMikey