Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

Just got the game yesterday and I'm now working my way through the Reset Bomb Arc. And I have to say, some players will hate Viridi for being a bitch but will love her voice (Hynden Walch).

Viridi is one of my favorite characters really <3<

I sometimes notice diffrent lines of dialogue when replaying Chapters. Chapter 6 seems to the one I notice diffrent dialogue the most.

There is a ton of situational diaouge in this game, I've heard. You'll apparently hear different things depending on your difficulty, how long you've been in the stage, and even what weapon you're using, in some cases.

I sometimes notice diffrent lines of dialogue when replaying Chapters. Chapter 6 seems to the one I notice diffrent dialogue the most.

I was playing Chapter 4 yesterday with Palutena's Bow (I unlocked it yesterday, so I'm going through all chapters with Pit's actual weapon from Brawl) and Pit and Palutena were talking about how Bows are well-rounded, Pit using them a lot, and then Pit saying "I used it in the last brawl", which leads to a SSB series reference.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a ton of situational diaouge in this game, I've heard. You'll apparently hear different things depending on your difficulty, how long you've been in the stage, and even what weapon you're using, in some cases.

I also noticed a small bit of dialogue between Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena during Chapter 6 as you go up to fight Dark Pit, where Pit thinks Dark Pit is all gloom and doom, while Dark Pit finds his positive attitude annoying, which ends up leading to Palutena singing about being positive

Also, there's a bit of dialogue that I noticed is reused more than once where Palutena comments on Pit's balding wings, I've encountered it in both Chapter 8 and 6 (I think)

I also noticed a small bit of dialogue between Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena during Chapter 6 as you go up to fight Dark Pit, where Pit thinks Dark Pit is all gloom and doom, while Dark Pit finds his positive attitude annoying, which ends up leading to Palutena singing about being positive

Also, there's a bit of dialogue that I noticed is reused more than once where Palutena comments on Pit's balding wings, I've encountered it in both Chapter 8 and 6 (I think)

Then there's theat whole gag about Pit being a Nintendo nerd. Namely he remembers that flicking the Circle-Pad is like smashing the Control Stick in Smash Bros, comparing Twinbellows to a Nintendog, the whole Komayto=Metroid fact, and how the Aurum act kind of like "Gayman-Watch". Then there's the design for

Amazon Pandora resembling Felicia

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, Pyrrhon's Voice Actor is the same guy who voices Espio.

But the way he make Pyrrhon sound is more like

And on that note, Hades is voiced by two guys that have worked with Square-Enix within the past two years. In Japan is voice is Xigbar/Braig while in America his voice is SUPAPOPE/Barthandelus/Orphan's first form from FFXIII.

And to all you Ghibli fans out there, Pit's seiyuu also provides the voice of Kiki.

Just picked up the latest issue of ONM, which comes with a pack of AR cards. These are the ones I got:

- Three Sacred Treasures

- Dark Fighter

- Orne

- Merenguy

- Compact Arm

- Babel Club

I don't know if it's the same six in every pack, but as far as I'm aware they all contain at least the Three Sacred Treasures card. Anyone else get anything different?

Yeah, I got:

- Three Sacred Treasures

- Atlas Foot

- Monomiknose

- Three-Headed Hewdraw

- Petribomber

- Volcano Arm

As for my starter pack, I got:

- Pit

- Magnus

- Stackjaw

- First Blade

- EZ Cannon

- Crusher Arm

I'm only two chapters in, but already having a great time.

I was kinda a cheap whore and snagged many, many, many AR cards scanned online. I don't really feel cheap since there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to get all these cards normally without shelling some serious buck, let alone just finding packs anyways, XD.

They're neat to have though, and if I catch some around somewhere, I'll probably be tempted to pick up a pack for that good ol' "trading card" feeling of opening a new pack XD.

Well fuck, this game must be selling like hotcakes. I can't find it in stock anywhere!

Alright, I'm about to get this game in a few days once I finish these two essays for my last course.

No spoiling, would you guys say it is the greatest Nintendo game ever? That's what I keep hearing from a few places.

Alright, I'm about to get this game in a few days once I finish these two essays for my last course.

No spoiling, would you guys say it is the greatest Nintendo game ever? That's what I keep hearing from a few places.

Well, mon, as much as I love this game to bits, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's the greatest Nintendo game ever. Still, it's, without a doubt, one of the greatest games Nintendo has ever made so far. I personally recommend buying this game; I'm not being my usual "neutral" self when I say that you should get this game at the earliest opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Greatest Nintendo game ever? No.

Best 3DS game? Possibly.

A damn good time? Hell YES.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well fuck, this game must be selling like hotcakes. I can't find it in stock anywhere!

It was the best-selling game in Japan for the month it was in the NPD with 150k copies sold and I think the game made the Top 10 in the US

It's the greatest Nintendo game since the two Mario Galaxy games were released, imo. As for greatest ever? Nah, but it is very good. I mean, I'm sitll playing it, and I finished the main campaign 3 weeks ago.

It's the greatest Nintendo game since the two Mario Galaxy games were released, imo.

^ I'm kinda inclined to agree with that. While, in my eyes at least, Kid Icarus Uprising will never quite match the unparalleled variety and polish that the Super Mario Galaxy games presented, it is one hell of an achievement and to this day I am still amazed how much they've crammed in, not to mention how fleshed out it is even beyond the game with the AR cards, animes, and so forth. It's only the controls that let it down, but as far as I'm concerned, they're perfectly functional once you get to grips with them. Every 3DS owner owes it to themselves to at least try Uprising, whether they end up liking it or not. But odds are, you're gonna love it.

Definitely not Ninty's best game ever simply because the control issues aren't something that you can really ignore (when taking into account it being the best game ever NOT whether or not you can enjoy that game). It is however one of their most ambitious games in a LONG time. After playing it extremely safe with their main franchises lately (especially Mario) Kid Icarus Uprising is really refreshing and I definitely think it's my favourite game on the 3DS.

Great visuals (though the character models can be a little rough, the environments looks spectacular especially in 3D), phenomenal soundtrack, highly enjoyable story, dialogue and characters (a certain Sun God stuck out for me as you could probably guess), intuitive and fast paced gameplay and an amazing amount of content.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n

Do I enjoy it more than Pokemon? No.

Do I enjoy it more than everything else Nintendo's ever made? Yeah.

What weapons are you guys using in single player? I've been using a Darkness Bow with strong ranged power, and it really helps on air stages when playing on intensity 9, but its rate of fire and low homing are a real problem on the harder ground stages, especially when I have to get up-close.