Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

The Wii U must have been failing so hard in sales, that Ubisoft couldn't take their chances. That has to be the only reason. If there is tons of money to be made, they would have no problems releasing this in 3 weeks for Wii U. Will it be worth it? Will Ubisoft have enough profits if they release this game in 3 weeks? Will it be enough for them to remarket the game 7 months later for the PS3 & 360 versions?

Ubisoft obviously wants to play safe and release all versions at the same time and any Wii U loss sales can be made up.

The Wii U sold almost 4 million units. I highly doubt Ubisoft would have a problem releasing the game now. As said many times before, releasing it now would probably put in a ton of cash in Ubisoft's pockets. Remarketing the game for PS3/360 also shouldn't be too expensive. We all know that Rayman is a quality franchise so if it landed constant 10/10's from reviewers, then it probably would get an easier word of mouth advertisement.

And again, playing it safe is an incredibly ironic term to use here. They're not going to play it safe by launching it in the busiest time for the gaming year. I mean, seriously. The entire Nintendo fanbase just cancelled their preorders. It's going to bomb on Wii U. It's going to bomb on PS3. It's going to bomb on 360.

Dumbest decision since the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3.

Edit: On the whole anti-Ubisoft thing.

Keep in mind that Ubisoft has constantly mistreated Nintendo consumers. The port of Rayman Origins for 3DS was rushed and poorly made. The Wii was flooded with Ubisoft's shovelware titles. Rayman was killed to make room for party games. Many games are also not ported to Wii U.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is pretty shitty.  I too am frustrated by the lack of ability to screw the publisher while supporting the developers.

At least non WiiUsers won't have elements and plot (If the game has an actual plot this time) spoiled by their WiiUser friends. I'm just looking at the glass as half-full here.

Get better friends?

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys GUYS

It's obvious what's happening, they're closing down the Wii U legends factory with all the games ready for shipment till September where they'll be nicely covered in a thick layer of dust from sitting there so long without rhyme or reason.

>GTAV comes out in September...

...oh

GTAV DLC For Rayman? 8D

• Thumbs Up 1

wow, this escalated fast. I feel bad for the dev team, more than anything.

Edit: On second thought, I may have completely misread something. Carry on. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're not going to wreck some stuff are ya?

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

For some reason, the more this sat in my mind, the angrier I got.

Same here lol, you think trying to accept this situation would have the opposite affect.

That's not, nor has it ever been, a problem with any other timed exclusive in the history of videogames. When Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 would no longer be exclusive to the at-that-point-twisting-in-the-wind Gamecube, they didn't push the Gamecube version back to meet the PS2 version even though the PS2 was setting sales records at the time; and everyone knew the PS2 version was going to be the better version in terms of content even then (because Capcom hardly made it a secret), but the Gamecube version was still one of the best selling games on the system (the PS2 version ultimately sold better, but the PS2 was outselling the Gamecube probably 4:1 by that point and the game didn't sell that good on the thing). Because Gamecube owners wanted that game very badly; whereas it was just another game (albeit a fantastic game, industry changing one) among many on the PS2.

That's funny because my friend bought a Gamecube just so he could play Resident Evil 4. He showed to me it I thought it was awesome  but I had PS2 not a Gamecube my friend also had a PS2.

So when I heard Resident Evil 4 was being ported to the PS2 I nearly shat myself with excitement it wasn't just another PS2 game for me and I am sure others felt the same. 

I think he was a bit miffed seeing as he rarely played on his Gamecube and didn't have many games for it. I remember he replied that "the Gamecube version had better Graphics". Which is true but the PS2 had extra content which made up for that. We didn't fall out and I did feel bad for him because he bought that system just for that title.

This why I hate it when games that were Multiplatform go exclusive then the pubslisher changes their mind. sleep.png

Its not like Pokemon, Zelda and Mario were those titles have always been exclusive to Ninetendo systems.

Think it's safe to say I'm more bummed than anything, maintaining the anger for more than one entire afternoon is stressing.

I'm really surprised how universally panned this news has been received and how fast it's spread. I'm kind of tempted to hope that in a perfect world, this unfathomably negative feedback all around the board would be enough for Ubisoft to reconsider holding back the Wii U version. The venom is all over their Facebook page (which didn't help the case by them saying the delay is "good news" for everyone because it's going multiplatform). I mean hell, you know you've fucked up when you've managed to make even Miiverse spout pages of rage, and that's supposed to be the most moderated "fun only" community ever. But I really know that's not going to happen.

Sigh, oh well. Live and let live I guess.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm trying to accept it, but I can't help but think that Ubisoft is shooting themselves in the foot. Well, yeah, they are.

The delay just catapulted this to the faaaaar end of my backlog, one I probably won't get to for a few years. What will GTA V and all the stuff that'll probably be announced at E3, I certainly won't have enough money for Legends.

It'll just sit in the bargain bin. Hell, I haven't even got Rayman Origins yet! I borrowed it from a fried, so at least I played it, but that wasn't another sale for Ubisoft.

I really hope they reconsider.

Edited by Colasaurus Rex
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rayman Legends delay: Fans slam decision
Ubisoft criticised for bringing the game to multiple platforms in September
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/46609/rayman-legends-delay-fans-slam-decision/

Why delaying Rayman Legends is the wrong decision
Chandra Nair believes Ubisoft will find it hard to rebuild the faith with Nintendo fans
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/46617/why-delaying-rayman-legends-is-the-wrong-decision/

Microsoft generally do shit like that.

Wait in fact, don't they have some sort of bullshit rule where multiplatform releases MUST get some unique feature on 360 if 360 isn't released first/simultaneously?

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems now that any game with the name "Legends" will be a curse on Nintendo systems.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's also heavy implications that Microsoft pressured Ubisoft into the simultaneous release date. (Mind you, this isn't always consistent, but still.)

If that's true, they can go fuck themselves as well. It's anticompetitive garbage at its finest.

Metro UI stripping down/replacing the standard Start menu for Windows 8. Microsoft Surface tablets that eat up half of the storage and are in some cases poorly manufactured. The Kinect-molded future Xbox that needs to be online 24/7 and blocks secondhand games. And now this (if it's true).

It's almost as if Microsoft is intentionally trying to expand whatever hatedom it currently has.

Basically I think Microsoft are pushing their luck with how much they can get away with just because "we're Microsoft/Xbox, people will buy it anyway".

But uhh... I think that's for another topic, especially since we're making assumptions on Microsoft's relationship with Legends.

I think that Microsoft thing is a rumor. On MK9 (again), Kratos is the only exclusive and that's for PS3 and Vita.

Unless that was a slip-up, but I doubt Microsoft would let something even as minor as that fly.

Edited by Dan Forden
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just went to Ubi's Facebook page and they are saying that they are working with the devs to make another exclusive Wii U Demo.  This really is turning into a PR nightmare of their own creation.  Hope the backlash becomes so great that they decide to release the Wii U version but one can only dream.

Thanks for all your feedback regarding Rayman Legends in all of its forms. We have heard you and we will continue to listen. We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game.

We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more.

No. Fuck you Ubisoft. A demo is not what anyone else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh cool a demo, thanks Ubisoft!

I mean, I could be playing the actual game and all, but who wants that? I GET A DEMO! YAAAAAAY!!!!!

Screw you guys.