Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

I know we'll (unfortunately) have to wait 7 months due to the delay, but I very well have a right to be frustrated about this. This game was one of the main reasons I had bought a Wii U, with the first delay from November to February, I can understand. They wanted the game to be at the best quality possible. This delay is outright unnecessary. Just when we're weeks away from release date, we have to wait another 7 months to play it for literally NO reason, and that's why I'm mad about this. Ports are fine and dandy, but delaying the finished version to match the release of the ports in September is a poor business decision, especially with all the heavy hitters later this year.

I actually think it's pretty stupid yet smart business-wise at the same time. On one hand it's dumb because Ubi is kicking everyone in the balls (even the Wii U's sales) and releasing it with other big titles later on in the year, and on the other hand it's good because PS360 are getting ports, and releasing them at the same time could possibly maximize sales as well. I dunno.

I'll be brutally honest: I was going to buy a Wii U when Rayman Legends came out. Now I may not buy one at all, because this game and New Super Mario Bros Wii U are the only killers apps as far as I'm concerned. It'd take a pretty big exclusive to win me back.

So, yeah. Dick move towards Nintendo, Ubisoft. Even removing the exclusivity and just letting Wii U owners play the game half a year before other system owners would be a good sell for Nintendo.

(The Retro Studios title will win me over if it's a Metroid, or any of the other awesome series that've fallen into the gutter in the last decade)

I actually think it's pretty stupid yet smart business-wise at the same time. On one hand it's dumb because Ubi is kicking everyone in the balls (even the Wii U's sales) and releasing it with other big titles later on in the year, and on the other hand it's good because PS360 are getting ports, and releasing them at the same time could possibly maximize sales as well. I dunno.

Maximize sales by pitting it against GTAV?

Maximize sales by pitting it against GTAV?

I mean by releasing them on all consoles at the same time. The luster wouldn't really be there if it were out on Wii U for 7 months. This game will probably bomb, but I just can't say for sure. It's really up in the air and I'm interested to see how this will play out....starting 7 months later

Apparently Ubisoft has been treating their employees poorly to get the game out, and then some fat cat spat on the hard work. Read up here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/08/rayman-legends-developer-sounds-off-the-game-39-s-surprise-delay.aspx

Rayman Legends, the formerly Wii U exclusive, was delayed yesterday so that the game could be a multiconsole release. One of the game's developers is not happy about the decision.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation. We've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc.) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it our all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

Wow, talk about startling developments. I'm really starting to dislike the heads of the gaming industry. What happened to it being about the passion for games? Money? Ugh.

Edited by /_JXJ_\

Ubisoft is officially on the "slippery slope". Once a game company does consecutively buttholish things, it just keeps going down from there. We need big change in this industry.

Edited by /_JXJ_\

rabbids-land-wii-u-box-art.jpg

So we get a brand new Rabbids game and the legit Rayman game gets delayed for seven months for no good reason.

Now all they need to do is outright cancel Legends and they'll officially be as despicable as Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm pretty sure the game going multiplatform is a GOOD thing.

For most people, yeah. But losing an exclusive is always bad.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty sure the game going multiplatform is a GOOD thing.
No crap it's a good thing, I was referring to the video.

No crap it's a good thing, I was referring to the video.

Well, I saw the star, and the delay.

I assumed that you were talking about the text.

How the FUCK was I supposed to know that you were referring to the thumbnail's subtitles? :V

How the FUCK was I supposed to know that you were referring to the thumbnail's subtitles? :V

Probably because you linked to the video. :V

But really, this is the reason why Hitler took over France.

• Thumbs Up 7

If they'd lied about it with even more vacuous PR, you all'd still be cutting their heads off. Not that I'm defending them, but I don't feel the need to reiterate any ire over this article. We know why they delayed it already.

I know that, and I guess I credit them for their honesty. I'm just shocked that they admitted it. 

Truth is better than lies. 

But that doesn't change the magnitude of the stupidity for delaying a finished game. They could have had a more immediate return on investment with the Wii U version starting a few days ago, with the prospect of additional sales later on when the multiplat version was finished.

• Thumbs Up 8