Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Well, yeah, Ubisoft fucked up themselves, especially because GTA 5 is coming out at the same month like you already said, but that doesn't matter from a financial point for us. This was Ubi's stupid idea. And maybe is not such a bad idea, because Ubi will still have a large public that will get this game regardless of GTA. Did you thought about the kids? Or people who don't like GTA? Of course GTA will outsell Rayman, it will outsell all the games of the year, but since they're gone multiplatform, they will have more sales nevertheless.

I'm a huge fan of both franchises, and in September I'm definitely getting GTA, unless Legends is a day 1 digital on PSN. If not, I'm getting later, if you have another game in mind for September too, you should do the same instead of giving up completely... That is, you really still care for the game and franchise.

Jango, you're not taking into account that people may be fans of both GTAV and Rayman but would rather spend money on the former, or people in general who like Rayman spending their money on other, more hyped games coming out in the same time period, or people who might have given the game a chance due to the lack of competition never diving in, or parents on a budget that may not be able to slip in one more $60 game. There's absolutely no way the game's sales- regardless of which console you're talking about- are not going to be negatively affected by this maneuver. And they wouldn't have to be if Ubisoft did the smart thing and released a game that's finished and has a decent install base of people loyal enough to be buying a new console for it when it was actually supposed to release.

Don't imply that the people upset by this don't care about the franchise either. It's just a shitty thing to do in general.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I heard shit went down.

Rayman Legends getting multiplatform release in September.

Wii U version is also getting delayed to September, despite the fact the game is already finished, and we were just weeks away from release date.

Now we have to wait 7 months for a game that has no need to be delayed. Yaaay.

Edited by Star Wars

Well I for one, who was quite interested in getting this one, have had it drop to the bottom of my priorities list thanks to this. Sorry Rayman, but you're no Zelda.

Where's the option where I can still like Rayman and not support stupid decisions?

Seems like an easy task for Sonic fans, don't you think?

Edited by Jango

Seems like a easy task for Sonic fans, don't you think?

Why do you think I've bought the lesser ones second-hand?

Maybe Ubisoft made the decision prior to the GTA V Release Date announcement? sleep.png

I bet when they heard GTAV was being released in September bricks were shat.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why do you think I've bought the lesser ones second-hand?

So apparently delaying a game reduces its quality. News to me.

So apparently delaying a game reduces its quality. News to me.

Not at all. Legends looks like a quality game to me. I'm just not too keen on rewarding such a stupid business decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe Ubisoft made the decision prior to the GTA V Release Date announcement? sleep.png

I bet when they heard GTAV was being released in September bricks were shat.

That has no bearing on the stupidity of delaying a finished game. Even if I believed that were true, I'd consider such a bombshell karma to the people who made this awful decision.

GTAV isn't even the only game coming out the holidays anyway. Wind Waker HD, the new 3D Sonic game? The holiday season is always like this. Even if GTAV didn't exist, it'd still not make the decision any smarter.

Edited by Nepenthe

Not at all. Legends looks like a quality game to me. I'm just not too keen on rewarding such a stupid business decision.

Then again, like I said, it was Ubi's stupid idea, not ours. If there's someone who's going to loose money here, is themselves. Well unless they cancel it for all platforms.

Edited by Jango

So the game's multiplatform? Awesome. That means more people will get to play it, and they might have taken away so much focus on the automated Murphy-segments for single-player. Overall, this is great news and hopefully means we'll be getting a better end product-

Wii U version delayed

• Thumbs Up 3

That has no bearing on the stupidity of delaying a finished game. Even if I believed that were true, I'd consider such a bombshell karma to the people who made this awful decision.

GTAV isn't even the only game coming out the holidays anyway. Wind Waker HD, the new 3D Sonic game? The holiday season is always like this. Even if GTAV didn't exist, it'd still not make the decision any smarter.

Where did I say that I defend Ubisoft's Decision to do this? Don't be so defensive and read my post prior to that one please.

I actually agree with you guys its a stupid decision and I feel bad for the people that have a Wii U to enjoy this game.  Seriously I am not surprised I don't actually rate Ubisoft as high as some people on here so times they can just as bad as EA.sleep.png

I didn't say you were defending the decision. I was responding to the idea that Ubisoft didn't know GTAV's release date. Even if they didn't, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I didn't say you were defending the decision. I was responding to the idea that Ubisoft didn't know GTAV's release date. Even if they didn't, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

You gave me that impression.

It might still effect peoples decision to buy Rayman a bit. Its a pretty popular title with a lot of built up hype. Along with those other titles you mentioned it will suffer even more and yes you're right it doesn't make their decision any better. Regardless if GTA V wasn't being released in September people have made very clear that they won't bother and get when it is cheaper, possibly pre-owned.

So yes, Ubisoft will probably regret their decision a week after the game is released.sleep.png

... Frankly, I don't know what I should be more mad at: the fact that I now have to wait seven more months before I can finally play it; or, that it'll pretty much be amoebafied upon release by games like Grand Theft Auto V. Either way, I ain't happy with this.

As I owner of both the Xbox and PS3, I am pleased to hear that Rayman Legends is getting a multiplatform release. I think this is pretty good news! Although it still sucks to hear that the Wii U version is being delayed.  I can understand why owners of the Wii U are annoyed by this as this game was probably the reason why they bought the console in the first place and now it will be on a system which they might already own. Plus the game is actually finished.

Edited by C.J
  • Thumbs Up 3

Coming from a guy who doesn't own a Wii U... I think this is great. Playing the Wii U demo made me generally interested in the game, all multi-platform means is that, at the end of all this, more people will get to play it.

Sucks for Wii U owners who were banking on this game to be part of their library for a console that is already limited on games... but sadly what's done is done

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not about going multi platform. It's about Ubisoft delaying an already finished game by 7 months for no reason other than to be fuckin' stupid.

• Thumbs Up 6

Because it was releasing in 3 weeks, and they did this before with Rayman Origins 3DS. They delayed it in America for 5 months but, Europe got the complete thing on time, the US release was no different when it showed up half a year later.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Who else is betting that the 360 and PS3 versions will run and/or play horribly as well?

I had a bunch of birthday money I was planning on spending on this wonderful game. AH, WELL. Apparently, Ubisoft doesn't want it quite yet...just...because.

Well, fine. They're the only ones who will suffer. I'll just buy Ni no Kuni instead. =D

-sigh-

I GUESS I'll just have to settle for second best and get mario instead.

DAMN you Ubisoft.

It's not about going multi platform. It's about Ubisoft delaying an already finished game by 7 months for no reason other than to be fuckin' stupid.

well, if the game released on Wii U when it was suppose too... it will retail at $60 no? If the game was still going Multi-platform 7 months down the line, with the Wii U version already released.... Will the ps360 owners get it for cheaper? Will sales suffer because the game was already released and people already watched the game or played it via a friends/family's Wii U? So on and so forth.

I understand how the Wii U owners feel, but does it truly make sense to release a game for one platform and others 7 months later?

Edited by LunarEdge

well, if the game released on Wii U when it was suppose too... it will retail at $60 no? If the game was still going Multi-platform 7 months down the line, with the Wii U version already released.... Will the ps360 owners get it for cheaper? Will sales suffer because the game was already released and people already watched the game or played it via a friends/family's Wii U? So on and so forth

None of that matters because the game isn't releasing despite being fucking done.

• Thumbs Up 1