Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Obvious platform differences aside, Ubisoft have potentially hurt Nintendo quite badly. There are a fair few Rayman fans who were interested in buying a Wii U just because of Legends. Now they don't have to spend £300+ to buy Legends, they can just play the PS360 version. 

Its good for me though. Now I can play the game too.

As someone that isn't much of a Rayman fan, I probably won't be picking this up, or if I do it will be long after it releases. I was going to buy the game just a few weeks after it was planned to release in March, but I guess not now that it has been delayed. There's more interesting titles coming out later this year that I would rather spend my money on.

"Hooray, I'll be getting less levels and less co-op in the game that are otherwise optional bonus incentives for Wii U owners!"

Come on, are you even trying anymore?

Oh, the Murphy stages are optional? I remember everybody raging a while ago that they where mandatory. Anyway, never liked this kind of mini-games, so I'm happy with the game I'll be getting on the PS3, less stages or not.

Edited by Jango

Oh I just read the delay part. That's pretty bad for WiiU owners (and Rayman if it goes against GTA).

Ubisoft are dicks, yeah. But what do you expect? They made Ass Creed, after all.

Edited by Dobkeratops

The sad thing was, this was a title Nintendo desperately needed. It was a good buffer between Spring releases and the launch titles that came out.

Then Ubisoft is all like "lolnope."

• Thumbs Up 4

To anyone who says we shouldn't be pissed off about this, you're insane. Ubisoft had delayed this game before and the release was due in a few weeks. The game is already done.

There is no reason why we should be happy about this. Not one fucking thing. And you're deluding yourself if you think this is great news, or just really self-entitled.

Well excuse me, but I'm happy about the game being released on the system I have, nothing more. I was really sad when I asked if the game really was Wii-U exclusive a while back and people answered : "Yes, it will never come to the PS3 or 360, because of X, Y and Z features only the Wii U have". The only people around here who can't find this great news, are the Wii U owners, so don't point this gun at everyone. And who knows, maybe the game isn't really finished on the Wii U after all, I don't remember Ubi saying that the game has gone gold.

Edited by Jango

To anyone who says we shouldn't be pissed off about this, you're insane. Ubisoft had delayed this game before and the release was due in a few weeks. The game is already done.

There is no reason why we should be happy about this. Not one fucking thing. And you're deluding yourself if you think this is great news, or just really self-entitled.

I am not insane. I had that feeling when FFXIII was announced on 360. But it certainly didn't make me go ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH! like some people here. It's just a game.

The game isn't canceled, it's still coming. But now, everyone can play the game instead of the ones who have the Wii U. Okay surrrrre, they can release the Wii U version this month, but if so, everyone will be spoiled by the story, levels, bosses... it will not be the same.

Except not being pissed off with something doesn't mean that they're happy about it.  They could simply not care/mind all that much because in the long run, the core and most important elements of the game are coming out to multiple platforms and as a result they know they will enjoy the experience regardless.  I'm not saying people don't have a right to be annoyed, but rather that people do have a right not to be annoyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm also happy about it being on 360 now, but that doesn't make the actual decision to delay the WiiU version a good one by proxy. I imagine if I had bought a WiiU just for this, a financial decision now ultimately rendered useless on that front, I'd be pissed too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am not insane. I had that feeling when FFXIII was announced on 360. But it certainly didn't make me go ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH! like some people here. It's just a game.

The game isn't canceled, it's still coming. But now, everyone can play the game instead of the ones who have the Wii U. Okay surrrrre, they can release the Wii U version this month, but if so, everyone will be spoiled by the story, levels, bosses... it will not be the same.

Let's say Disgaea 5 was announced, or Persona 5, for a PS4 exclusive. It gets a release date and it's 2-3 weeks away. All of a sudden, NIS or Atlus says that they are delaying the PS4 version so they can bring it to the 720 or Wii U or both because "the people who have those consoles wanted it".

How would you react?

I imagine if I had bought a WiiU just for this, a financial decision now ultimately rendered useless on that front, I'd be pissed too.

That's why people should never do this XD

• Thumbs Up 3

It isn't even the multi-platform thing that people are pissed about. It's the fact that Ubisoft is delaying an otherwise finished game for the sake of the other versions. If Ubi released Rayman this month like it was expected with the other two versions coming later, well then the backlash wouldn't be that strong.

I mean, it was less than 3 weeks from release. Then there is the fact that a percentage of people bought the Wii U because Rayman was going to be a launch window exclusive.

The main reason I'm upset is how they chose to announce it. "Hey you excited for Rayman this month- SORRY NOPE."

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay surrrrre, they can release the Wii U version this month, but if so, everyone will be spoiled by the story, levels, bosses... it will not be the same.

Perhaps this would have actually been a justifiable point if it weren't for every popular publisher right now doing nothing but porting year old games for the Wii U.

Hell I had to live half a year with avoiding discussion of No More Heroes 2 thanks to localization delays, and it was worse with BlazBlue and it not being released over a year later in Europe. Didn't stop me from avoiding shit. "Spoilers" is a complete non-issue for publishers.

• Thumbs Up 4

So people shouldn't adopt early because an exclusive they want can suddenly become delayed over half a year the very month it's scheduled for release just for the sake of a simultaneous multiplatform release. Great advice?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ubisoft used this game as a selling point for the Wii-U. Laughing in the faces of people who actually bought a console for this game isn't going to work.

Ubi's a bunch of fucking liars, that's all there is to it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Let's say Disgaea 5 was announced, or Persona 5, for a PS4 exclusive. It gets a release date and it's 2-3 weeks away. All of a sudden, NIS or Atlus says that they are delaying the PS4 version so they can bring it to the 720 or Wii U or both because "the people who have those consoles wanted it".

How would you react?

Well, those are not my favorite franchises (but I still play them time to time) but if that did happen, I will be angry for a bit but, that's it. What can I do about it? It's not like throwing forks and torches is going to change NIS' mind... I am not going to make this news effect my wonderful day.

Same thing for Bayonetta 2. I know Nintendo are funding this and it's exclusive at this point but never say never. Nintendo does NOT own the Bayonetta IP, so that there is small amounts of hope.

Perhaps this would have actually been a justifiable point if it weren't for every popular publisher right now doing nothing but porting year old games for the Wii U.

Hell I had to live half a year with avoiding discussion of No More Heroes 2 thanks to localization delays, and it was worse with BlazBlue and it not being released over a year later in Europe. Didn't stop me from avoiding shit. "Spoilers" is a complete non-issue for publishers.

There's a difference between making it available to everyone at the same time so no one can get spoiled and milking an already released game. WB Games for Batman saw the Wii U as an opportunity to milk more sales for Arkham City, that's why they ported the game there. Edited by Ming Ming Shana

There's a difference between making it available to everyone at the same time so no one can get spoiled and milking an already released game. WB Games for Batman saw the Wii U as an opportunity to milk more sales for Arkham City, that's why they ported the game there.

Considering this game was pulled roughly two weeks before release just so they could milk the sales I don't see how this is that much better, apart from spitting fans who were geared up and ready for it in the face.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Bayonetta 2 isn't comparable to the current situation. No one is upset anymore that Legends was merely exclusive for a time. They're upset because it's being delayed at the last minute for seven months on inexcusable reasoning. If Bayonetta 2 were to suddenly become multiplatform but still became available on the same release date everyone had been expecting, no one here would care.

Edited by Nepenthe

Japanese developers aren't as dickish as Western ones and Platinum Games is in Nintendo's dept to an extent for saving a game they thought would never be made because SEGA doesn't have enough money.

To be fair I can understand peoples frustrations especially seeing as some people probably bought a Wii U to play the new Rayman when now they can get it on a system they also might own. smile.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm annoyed because I was really looking forward to it coming out, I put a deposit down for a copy and it was due out in a couple of weeks. Yes I can still get a copy, no I haven't lost any money and sure I can just wait a bit longer. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it T_T

At least it should be out around my birthday I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1