Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

I think it's been confirmed, or at the very least heavily hinted at, that Murfy will not be on the 360 and PS3 versions at all due to the need for some WiiU exclusvie content, in which case I don't see why you'd need seven months to actually lock some levels off or delete them. However, I also see no reason why Murfy's levels couldn't be delegated as optional co-op: All he needs is two buttons.

I've just been reading some articles about Legends. I don't know if they've already been shared, but anyway...

This one implies that the delay is basically because of PS3 and 360 owners: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-delayed-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive

This one is from a former developer who also suffered greatly and is pissed about the delay: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/08/developer-rages-about-rayman-legends-delay/

Before people fly off the handle and start boycotting stuff, you might want to think about the poor developers who did all that hard work and ultimately have no say in this decision.

For Nintendo yeah.

Not really. It was equally a massive problem for Sony when PS3 launched, and if there's anything Nintendo isn't short on it's exclusive IPs.

Not really. It was equally a massive problem for Sony when PS3 launched, and if there's anything Nintendo isn't short on it's exclusive IPs.

no I mean in this case, you know.... Rayman Legends. Sorry, should of been more clear XD

in which case I don't see why you'd need seven months to actually lock some levels off or delete them.

Porting takes a while. They basically have to do all the testing etc stuff all over again for two consoles, and every time something doesn't work like it did on the Wii U they have to pry the game apart again to fix it etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

A good game that runs perfectly well on one console can always get a shitty port if it isn't thoroughly tested.

See: Bayonetta.

A good game that runs perfectly well on one console can always get a shitty port if it isn't thoroughly tested.

See: Bayonetta.

Bayonetta wasn't buggy and untested on the PS3- it was a just a pretty crap and half-arsed effort.

See: SEGA

In this case, there's merely no good reason for Ubisoft to be holding back the Wii U version until September. I think they're banking on the chance that in a few weeks time frustration and anger from the fans will have diminished to just disappointment and apathy. They must be confident enough in the game to think that they can get away with upsetting the fans and go up against all the competition of Autumn releases. In one way, I hope their gamble doesn't pay off...

Edited by Blue Blood

I didn't say it was buggy, I said it was a shitty port. Who did the shitty port doesn't really matter since it's completely irrelevant to my point.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't say it was buggy, I said it was a shitty port. Who did the shitty port doesn't really matter since it's completely irrelevant to my point.

Edited. My point was that it wasn't a case of poor testing (and it wasn't a serious remark anyway...)

They probably looked at Rabbids Land sales and thought, "OHHH NO. This can't happen with Legends!"

But they reacted already. Remember the exclusive demo? *sigh*

I feel so sorry for Ancel and the whole development team.

65236_4711153171337_960545030_n.jpg

The entire dev team is backing this.

Wow!

Wait, what does the poster they are holding translate too in English?

And I'm glad that the dev team is taking a stand against this BS. Also nice to know that the team does truly care about Rayman.

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

It supposedly translates to "Rayman Supports You", though Google Translate is suggesting the bottom half means "Remove a Ubisoft Montipiellier" which sounds a bit harsh lol.

I do know though that Rayman himself is saying "SVP" which is french shorthand for "please".

Edited by JezMM

So wait the dev team never got asked by Ubisoft about this decision to delay the game release? That's quite dickish, really. But if the dev team doesn't like Ubisoft that much after this, will they work for the 360 and PS3 ports for Legends, or will Ubisoft hire another dev team to port the game?

Wait, wasn't one of the features of the Ubiart engine easy porting and stuff?

It shouldn't take 7 months no matter how you slice it.

Wait, wasn't one of the features of the Ubiart engine easy porting and stuff?

It shouldn't take 7 months no matter how you slice it.

They have to modify (take out) the Wii U exclusive features and it takes time. Not to mention the dev team could have other projects to do as well.

They have to modify (take out) the Wii U exclusive features and it takes time. Not to mention the dev team could have other projects to do as well.

Exclusive levels, basically.

Also yeah, Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Oh wait.

• Thumbs Up 2