Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

The game isn't canceled, it's still coming. But now, everyone can play the game instead of the ones who have the Wii U. Okay surrrrre, they can release the Wii U version this month, but if so, everyone will be spoiled by the story, levels, bosses... it will not be the same.

I waited at least half a year to play Origins and the only thing that was spoiled by word of mouth was the fact that The Land of the Livid Dead was apparently a really really hard level.  That was it.  I doubt much'll be different here.

Anyway this is really shitty.  I wasn't HEAVILY anticipating it so I don't really care (as said I was able to wait for Origins).  I might even wait a bit when the game comes out and get it second-hand in protest of the crappy treatment to Wii U owners.  =\

• Thumbs Up 1

Fucking shit in a can. Really? Really? I'm still going to buy the game (Wii U even) when it releases but, the hell is this?

Considering this game was pulled roughly two weeks before release just so they could milk the sales I don't see how this is that much better, apart from spitting fans who were geared up and ready for it in the face.

It's better, as no one gets spoiled. I mean, God forbid this would happen, but what if Rayman Legends turns out to be a short game with a lame boss. And gets a poor reception on the Wii U. Hardly anyone will dare to buy the PS3/360 versions of the game because of what they heard of the Wii U version.

If the game is released across all platforms at the same time, yet still have poor reviews, they will have better sales than the former.

And think about it, have you ever thought this also gives more time for them to polish the game even more?

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's better, as no one gets spoiled. I mean, God forbid this would happen, but what if Rayman Legends turns out to be a short game with a lame boss. And gets a poor reception on the Wii U. Hardly anyone will dare to buy the PS3/360 versions of the game because of what they heard of the Wii U version.

Spoiled of what, a couple of bosses and level designs? Things that you'd have to pretty much look for to be spoiled? Rayman Origins didn't have a plot, neither does this really.

Also after the glowing impressions all around I hardly doubt that what good word of mouth Origins got, and this, will in any way "deflate" the 360/PS3 sales. Really.

And think about it, have you ever thought this also gives more time for them to polish the game even more?

Haha. Giving Ubisoft credit. Good one.
  • Thumbs Up 2

You're grasping for straws; what you're speculating has no basis in reality.

Might as well be wondering how much of the profits will be going to charity, you'll be wasting just as much time and breath.

If by some crazy result Legends comes out and is a shit game, "it only hurts Wii U players because PS360 players can just avoid it" isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Tornado

Spoiled of what, a couple of bosses and level designs? Things that you'd have to pretty much look for to be spoiled? Rayman Origins didn't have a plot, neither does this really.

I thought this game has a simple story?

Rayman and co. discovering this tent with magic painting, suddenly the Teensies somehow end up getting kidnapped and Rayman and co. go inside the paintings to rescue their friends.

I'm assuming they aren't going to polish the Wii U version anymore, considering it is almost finished. Most likely they'll shelve it and focus on the other console versions. I mean, it's the same studio that is doing the ports right?

I just looked back at my posts. I don't know how I went to defending Ubisoft.

This decision is bad, and it's a kick in a face. But what got me posting is the rage after this decision. People were even throwing F-bombs at me. That's how bad it was.

If by some crazy result Legends comes out and is a shit game, "it only hurts Wii U players because PS360 players can just avoid it" isn't a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing for US, but it's a bad thing for Ubisoft. Look at Ubisoft's perspective. Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I thought this game has a simple story?

Rayman and co. discovering this tent with magic painting, suddenly the Teensies somehow end up getting kidnapped and Rayman and co. go inside the paintings to rescue their friends.

Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser.

The game has a good ending.

• Thumbs Up 5

Forgive me if I'm not remembering this correctly but, they pulled this shit twice now, right? Wasn't it delayed from it's original release like a week before and now they do this? What a kick in the teeth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser.

The game has a good ending.

Okay I laughed.

You're right Carbo, game doesn't have too much story to spoil.

A similar thing happened with the NA version of Rayman Origins 3DS because Ubisoft wanted it to coincide with Legends's release in November.

Oh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the game doesn't actually exist. Maybe it is an elaborate tax shelter that they'll keep pushing the release date back for, like Duke Nukem Forever.

• Thumbs Up 5

Maybe the game doesn't actually exist. Maybe it is an elaborate tax shelter that they'll keep pushing the release date back for, like Duke Nukem Forever.

But...I've played the demo! D=

Maybe we'll just open the game case and get a copy of DNF, but with a Rayman skin for Duke.

• Thumbs Up 4

The Legends demo was actually just planned DLC for Origins that fell through and they don't know what to do with.

Uh... DLC on an entirely new console. I'm sure Ubi knew what they were doing at the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe we'll just open the game case and get a copy of DNF, but with a Rayman skin for Duke.

"I'll rip off your head and shit down your... neck?"

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'm really happy that Legends is coming to PS3. I absolutely loved Rayman Origins so I was rathered annoyed when they announced that Legends would be a Wii U exclusive. I can appreciate that they wanted to exploit the unique hardware of the Wii U device, but to not release the game on the same systems as Origins seemed a very poor decision financially.

So they listened to fan feedback (apparently) about Legends not being on PS3 & Xbox 360 and changed their minds. THANK YOU Ubisoft!!!!!

Obviously the Wii U will still have the exclusive "GamePad-based cooperative experience, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins."

I can understand it's frustrating that the Wii U version has been delayed so that they can release it simultaneously (we can only assume that the Wii U version would have been ready for the previous release date). So it's a bummer, but at least this gives them a chance to iron out any bugs with the Wii U version (I seem to recall that SASRT's debut on Wii U had a few issues). So they have no excuse for the game not to be perfect upon release.

You know what makes me look forward to Legends? This:

“If they loved the Origins experience, it’s close to the same kind of feeling but with a level of immersion and brand new settings that haven’t been seen before. We have other features that I can’t disclose right now, but it’s really a brand new game. Even in terms of visuals, we built our own engine in terms of lighting, in terms of having 3D elements so you can have dragons that fly from far to go in your face and back. It’s a unique kind of 2D platforming experience.”

First day buy smile.png .......in September sad.png

Edited by Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

But...I've played the demo! D=

Oh right!  The demo!  I still have that at least-

"Number of remaining uses: 3"

*cries*

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 4

Here's the thing, Nightwing. Why would the Wii U version have bugs? It's the LEADING PLATFORM. ASRT's problems were being a fairly last minute port. If anything, the PS3 and 360 versions will be messed up.

Oh right!  The demo!  I still have that at least-

"Number of remaining uses: 3"

*cries*

Okay it's time to work on a schedule. You can only play it once every 2 months. To maximize its effectiveness you should have everything else turned off and take your time with the demo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, this thread sure has heated I see.

I don't have much to say since I'll be echoing neaarly everyone.

As a Wii U owner, I am pretty disappointed that I was 3 weeks away from an excellent game and now I must wait 7 months, but I am NOT disappointed in it going multiplatform. I'm happy it'll give more people an opportunity to play this title. Still, the Wii U version, shouldn't have gotten delayed for this. I'll still be picking up this version rather than the PS3 anyway. I still believe there is an incentive for Wii U preference.

Edited by canderson