Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy Xlll combined aren't anywhere near as important as Rayman Legends.

You're moving your goalposts. Fact is, it has happened before for the 360 and PS3 and people weren't upset. I'm not that upset now. It would be nice not to project onto others.

Oh.My.Gosh. Calm down people! =/

Sent out to die in September? Not everyone is in to GTA V and Rayman fans (or fans of the game) will still buy it regardless.

Someone being a fan of something is no guarantee they'll buy it. People who would've otherwise bought Origins at launch for full price spent the little money they budgeted on higher profile titles like Assassin's Creed because it was released in the Fall/Holiday season against that kind of competition, and Origins got crushed as a result. Legends cannot compete against GTV either.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy Xlll combined aren't anywhere near as important as Rayman Legends.

Whoa now boy, let's not exaggerate things.

Either way, the delay is a complete bummer. I want Rayman to do well, and I just don't think this release policy will work out.

That's your opinion...but whatever.

You severely underestimate how fucked this game is far as sales prospects are concerned, with its new release date. Trust me.

Releasing the Wii U version in a month would've ensured far, far more sales. Ubisoft are instead sending it out to die, no question.

Origins didn't do well in sales, but that didn't stop Ubisoft from making a sequel! Origins was highly praised and everyone (well almost everyone) who played it, loved it.

So as long it gets the same reception, I'm sure Legends will be fine.

For keeping the Wii U afloat, perhaps not.

By any other measurable concept? lolno

Origins didn't do well in sales, but that didn't stop Ubisoft from making a sequel! Origins was highly praised and everyone (well almost everyone) who played it, loved it.

So as long it gets the same reception, I'm sure Legends will be fine.

Just because Origins was well loved and scraped by enough to get a sequel does not mean Legends is still not being "sent out to die," e.g. being unnecessarily put up against immeasurable competition in the market at its own detriment.

I wouldn't necessarily equate being "profitable" with "selling well." You can be profitable and still sell like shit.

On the one hand, I'm ecstatic that its coming to the PS3. Origins is brilliant.

On the other hand...a real dick move by Ubisoft. I can understand the decision to make it multi-format, but surely a timed-exclusive, still releasing the Wii U version next month, would have suited everyone? Wii U sales can tick along, Wii U owners have the game they've waited for since launch, and other console owners can wait like they're having to anyway!

Seriosuly Ubisoft. It really does look like they want it to fail.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people are SO angry c'mon. You already have a next-gen system and you're getting all the Marios, Zeldas, Pikmins and Pokémons we PS3 and 360 users are not ever (although I don't give two fucks about Nintendo IPs, 'cept Mario). If you got the Wii-U JUST for Rayman, well, that was a stupid decision. Ahem, yes the delay was unnecessary, but we're still getting the game, the only difference is that everybody will be able to enjoy it. I think this is less dick move than releasing the sequel of a game in a single system, hum? And c'mon, it's just a game...

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

I meant more to to the idea that people went out and bought the system specifically for Rayman. It was going to be a launch title, then a launch window, then nothing. Some people bought a system at launch under the impression it was going to be worth the purchase. So now people own a system they might not want because of a game they wanted.

I dont think the games themselves are more important by any objective standpoint. Maybe I should have clarified.

I don't know why people are SO angry c'mon. You already have a next-gen system and you're getting all the Marios, Zeldas, Pikmins and Pokémons we PS3 and 360 users are not ever (althought I don't give two fucks about Nintendo IPs). Ahem, yes the delay was unnecessary, but we're still getting the game, the only difference is that everybody will be able to enjoy it. I think this is less dick move than releasing the sequel of a game in a single system, hum? And c'mon, it's just a game...

I think it's because the game was supposed to be a launch title, then it gets delayed. It gets closer to the release date, then it gets delayed. It's less of an entitlement thing and more of a a "STOP FUCKING YANKING MY CHAIN ALREADY!" thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people are SO angry c'mon. You already have a next-gen system and you're getting all the Marios, Zeldas, Pikmins and Pokémons we PS3 and 360 users are not ever (althought I don't give two fucks about Nintendo IPs). Ahem, yes the delay was unnecessary, but we're still getting the game, the only difference is that everybody will be able to enjoy it. I think this is less dick move than releasing the sequel of a game in a single system, hum? And c'mon, it's just a game...

I know we're still getting the game, and yes, it was a very dick move. But this game was mostly one of the main reasons I wanted a Wii U, not so cool when you realize it's just going to be 'another' version that's on different platforms.

Also agreed with what Slash said too, it's another kick in the shin, considering it got delayed when we were weeks away from the release date.

Edited by Star Wars
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people are SO angry c'mon. You already have a next-gen system and you're getting all the Marios, Zeldas, Pikmins and Pokémons we PS3 and 360 users are not ever (although I don't give two fucks about Nintendo IPs, 'cept Mario). If you got the Wii-U JUST for Rayman, well, that was a stupid decision. Ahem, yes the delay was unnecessary, but we're still getting the game, the only difference is that everybody will be able to enjoy it. I think this is less dick move than releasing the sequel of a game in a single system, hum? And c'mon, it's just a game...

The "dick move" part comes from the fact that the game is actually finished- scheduled to be released this month- and by all means should not be delayed just for the ports. Delay the ported versions if you have to, but there's no discernible reason to make WiiU adopters wait that long, or even potential WiiU adopters: I was going to buy one very soon just to get my hands on Rayman. Despite not having the console, now my spring is looking pretty blah too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know we're still getting the game, and yes, it was a very dick move. But this game was mostly one of the main reasons I wanted a Wii U, not so cool when you realize it's just going to be 'another' version that's on different platforms.

Also agreed with what Slash said too, it's another kick in the shin, considering it got delayed when we were weeks away from the release date.

Above all things, the Wii-U version will end being better than the PS3 and 360 ones, and probably with more features, but okay.

Above all things, the Wii-U version will end being better than the PS3 and 360 ones, and probably with more features, but okay.

So? That doesn't make the delay sting any less. In fact, that sort of makes it worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

I very well know that, but as Nepenthe said, the Wii U version is (most likely) finished at this point, there's NO reason for them to delay a finished version of the game 7 months later to match with the other two ports.

I dunno if someomes already mentioned this, but I think ubosofts reason for delaying the U version is so they can make them all the same. So long as Ubisoft are working on ports, they're also going to be changing and adding to the game. Michael Ancels team is like that, so they won't want the game to be different among platforms.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno if someomes already mentioned this, but I think ubosofts reason for delaying the U version is so they can make them all the same. So long as Ubisoft are working on ports, they're also going to be changing and adding to the game. Michael Ancels team is like that, so they won't want the game to be different among platforms.

So there's a possibility that they're not only delaying a finished game for 7 months, but also making sure that the Wii-U version has nothing special going for it at all, as to make it exactly like all the other versions....

Part of me hopes this isn't true, but at this point I somehow wouldn't  put it past them.

So there's a possibility that they're not only delaying a finished game for 7 months, but also making sure that the Wii-U version has nothing special going for it at all, as to make it exactly like all the other versions....

Part of me hopes this isn't true, but at this point I somehow wouldn't  put it past them.

I'm pretty sure Blue Blood meant it in the opposite direction...

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you want the other versions to be ridiculously inferior or something? No one wants to own the gimped version which, if Blue's on the money, would not happen for anyone, so it's potentially a good decision in that way.

No, Ubisoft has already explained that the Wii U version will still have the extra features from before with the Gamepad. The other versions will still have co-op, but only the Wii U version will have Murphy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-delayed-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive

“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”

On another note;

"[the reason for the delay is] really about the fans. It’s really about having a very interesting universe, a mix of craziness and poetry mixed all together. We are very happy that we can bring that to many, many Rayman fans and the more we can, the better.”

Haaaaaaaah.

• Thumbs Up 1