Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

It won't be me. I've done enough fake boxarts for this game. ;)

I never knew you make some? Anyway, i mean the kind of boxarts that hardly have any effort. By the way, it would be better to make fake boxarts if people would make their own renders besides searching like mad on Google Pictures for a render and doing a poor job cutting it out =\

But anyway...I wonder how will Sonic's 3D model look in the game (Bet their gonna use the Normal Wii-Sonic ala Secret Rings,Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games/winter games, Black Knight, SSBB) But if they are gonna use a different 3D model besides the same one with different textures then that would also be good? And wonder how will the game render 3D models?

It won't be me. I've done enough fake boxarts for this game. ;)

Doctor, are you going to make a cover art for Sonic Colours for the album art like you did for Sonic 4 Episode 1 ?? (just make sure it doesn't get removed/locked by a mod for art theft like last time even though it wasn't art theft lol)

Edited by ςгครђ

Doctor, are you going to make a cover art for Sonic Colours for the album art like you did for Sonic 4 Episode 1 ?? (just make sure it doesn't get removed/locked by a mod for art theft like last time even though it wasn't art theft lol)

It's probably not necesary. Chances are, this game will have a soundtrack released in the future.

It's probably not necesary. Chances are, this game will have a soundtrack released in the future.

Yeah but it's nice to have fan made album cover sometimes Doctor Eggman did some not long along in Sonic Showcase but got locked so that why I asked :)

Edited by ςгครђ

So has Tristan's exclusives ever been correct before? Which have been wrong?

The one confirming Needlemouse was Sonic 4 and episodic was correct, but that was from Sega-Online.

I believe he had an anonymous source regarding DLC characters for Sega All-Stars Racing (Bayonetta), and that turned out to be BS.

We'll see.

Yeah but it's nice to have fan made album cover sometimes Doctor Eggman did some not long along in Sonic Showcase but got locked so that why I asked :)

Ha! Thanks for opening up that whole can of worms again! Now I'm back to thinking about how backwards the "rules" are for that forum. Graphic design is not fan art? Pssh! Anywho, glad it's getting props again though, thanks :) I'd gladly make a Colors version once it hits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I for one am not that fussed who is working on the game. I personally enjoyed both of the Storybook games (Secret Rings is one of my favourite recent Sonic games and, whilst I can admit Black Knight had its flaws, it was still fun in my opinion) and from certain viewpoints I'm quite pleased they will be working on Colours. I'd expect nothing less than a bright, vibrant, 'kiddy' game with a title like that - and fortunately the Storybook games have been some of the best looking on the Wii to date, hopefully they'll have a similar aesthetic look in this one. I don't, however, want this to play exactly like the Storybook games. No on-rails please. I want me some classic-ish Sonic action.

So yeah, doesn't bother me at all. As long as the game is good at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

From Retro -

No one's asking you to believe it. If you prefer spoon fed announcements of barely announcements from official outlets every month or so, that's your call.

I'm one to take serious reservations at both the news that it's from the same team behind SBK, and that the game is deliberately being developed for kids (and when I say kids, I mean ages in the single digits.). Quite honestly I would be surprised if the game weren't on rails, at least for portions.

E3's in ~3 weeks anyway. I'm sure something concrete will come out of there.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=21099&view=findpost&p=460503

If you prefer spoon fed announcements of barely announcements from official outlets every month or so, that's your call.

See, that's a problem. He thinks it's better for him to go around poking his nose in where it isn't wanted that it is to play nice. It's pretty nasty to everyone, fans, developers, other SEGA employees and other journalists alike.

All that aside, this news wasn't really news as much as it was rewriting the same well founded speculation that everyone and their dog had made.

E3's in ~3 weeks anyway. I'm sure something concrete will come out of there.

I'll give him that one. Hopefully something will come out of E3 (a new trailer or a playable demo that leads to gameplay footage, preferably). And if not, we've got the Nintendo Power and ONM previews coming up - both of which should contain some screens at least (I don't see them being able to fill up a whole 6 page feature with just text!).

So we'll be finding out some crucial details about the game around E3 time, whatever happens.

Edited by Doctor MK

I like how he implies that Sega's marketing machine has only ever done a Sonic 4 (a highly-anticipated game with five levels and rehashed elements that we knew about since fall of last year), when the last few Sonic marketing campaigns were practical blitzes that netted us quite a lot of information...like most of the levels, the final super form, interviews, tons of previews and hands-on demonstrations, and even live music demonstrations and takings-over of Trafalgar Square. How much ye have forgotten.

So apparently the game is listed for a September 24th release date for both the Wii and the DS.

It's also listed at a price of £30.99 Wii, and £25.99 for DS.

EDIT: Though, this is Amazon talking, not SEGA. Take with the usual grain of salt.

Edited by Indigo Dude

So apparently the game is listed for a September 24th release date for both the Wii and theDS.

That's... a lot earlier than I thought it would be, if true. I thought it was going to be around November time like the last however-many Sonic games? :huh:

Heck, if it is out on 24th September then that may mean it's out before Sonic 4: Episode 1, or even around the same time. Which may not necessarily be a good thing.

UK retailers always mess up with their speculative release dates, I'd pay it no attention especially as it says September while SEGA are saying Late 2010 which normally means November-December otherwise they'd have said Fall/Autumn 2010.

Play.com: 29th October 2010 -

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/15383384/Sonic-Colours/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/15383389/Sonic-Colours/Product.html

As usual retailer speculation is a complete mess.

Even if retailer speculation is a joke, we can count on you, Shadz, to home in the the real release date eventually AND do all the price hunting for us*.

*Brits only

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even if retailer speculation is a joke, we can count on you, Shadz, to home in the the real release date eventually AND do all the price hunting for us*.

*Brits only

Ha ha, you know me too well :P I will be keeping an eye on all UK retailers aswell as the U.S. ones that I know of which.

So far it seems only Amazon UK and Play are listing the game.

Hmm, £30 sounds reasonably priced. Then again, I got Unleashed on the 360 for £30 on release day and it shot down in price just weeks after it came out...

Hmm, £30 sounds reasonably priced. Then again, I got Unleashed on the 360 for £30 on release day and it shot down in price just weeks after it came out...

When it comes to Sonic games, that's pretty normal. I bought Black Knight for £17 only two weeks after release, and at Sainsbury's no less. It's the only Sonic game I've not bought on day one/pre-ordered providing I have the means to play it. I was expecting to be paying about £70 at release for Colours though (both versions), but if it turns out to be only £55 then that's awesome. In fact, for the sake of security I'll place an order with Amazon right now.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edge, do not forget that the same people made Secret rings, which was a great game. Why are people always mentioning only bad things? Give them a chance).

While that is true, and the Secret Rings was an AMAZING game story and gameplay wise, I doubt that if a team's game bombed as bad as Tristain said, then no company would want the same team to be working.

On the Wii I just hope that it uses the wiimote and nunchuk, plays like adventure - 06[minus glitches of course] (more exploring=more fun), and is not on rails. Please no Sonic Unleashed gameplay, the thing that made that game suck was the fact that it was too fast and had zero platforming, aside from Spagonia, Chun-nan, Adabat, Eggmanland, and the end of mazuri (PS360), on the wii the stages were 2 minutes long and took no skill, also, those were just a 'hold up and boost' fest, minus eggmanland.

As for the DS, I hope it has 3D and 2D, actually, I would rather it be on the 3DS, more console power = better game, better graphics = not vomit inducing Sonic Rush graphics, please SEGA make it be like Mario 64 and have good graphics, use the Olympic games graphics! They're amazing. The 3D sections would be like Mario 64, the 2D sections would be like Sonic Rush but slowed down.

30 Euros for a 360 game!? That's like 36 dollars! The price of one DS game! That's very well priced. PS360 and Wii games here are like 50 US dollars! Guess things must be pretty cheap in Europe!

On the Wii I just hope that it uses the wiimote and nunchuk, plays like adventure - 06[minus glitches of course] (more exploring=more fun), and is not on rails. Please no Sonic Unleashed gameplay, the thing that made that game suck was the fact that it was too fast and had zero platforming, aside from Spagonia, Chun-nan, Adabat, Eggmanland, and the end of mazuri (PS360), on the wii the stages were 2 minutes long and took no skill, also, those were just a 'hold up and boost' fest, minus eggmanland.

As for the DS, I hope it has 3D and 2D, actually, I would rather it be on the 3DS, more console power = better game, better graphics = not vomit inducing Sonic Rush graphics, please SEGA make it be like Mario 64 and have good graphics, use the Olympic games graphics! They're amazing. The 3D sections would be like Mario 64, the 2D sections would be like Sonic Rush but slowed down.

30 Euros for a 360 game!? That's like 36 dollars! The price of one DS game! That's very well priced. PS360 and Wii games here are like 50 US dollars! Guess things must be pretty cheap in Europe!

I think you can bet on the gameplay being somewhat Unleashed like, as it has the boost. Here's hoping it's more like the PS3/360 version though not on rails. And as far as the DS version goes, it's 2D. And as Dimps are making it, it s will probably be like the Rush games in ever aspect bar music.

Also, that's 30 pounds, not Euros. What you're looking at is something more like $43.

Well in Britain we have a lot of price competition - particularly with the supermarkets, they often release new games for the first weekend (if not longer) for £25. On the continent, it tends to be more expensive - somewhat to do with the exchange rate, thus it being more now than it used to be.

In Sweden (and all of Scandinavia), it's hideously expensive. Even in GAME (it's now a European chain), I could buy Mario and Sonic for example for £30. here in the shop (less than £20 on amazon) and when I went over at easter, it was still the equivalent of £60.

A DS game over here costs a maximum of £30, with £25-£30 being about average but over there the same games are £45 - not even most console games cost that much here.

It may seem like I've gone very much off topic but I am moving to Sweden in the summer and thus am worried that I'll never be able to afford any new games again or even preowned for that matter (their preowned stuff is more than new games cost here, crazy).

So with Colours for Wii and DS, I'll have to get my mummy to post them to me :lol:

But when I was in the states a few years back, I loved how cheap all the games were (again, probably a lot to do with the exchange rate at the time - back when £1~$2, those were sweet times :P

• Thumbs Up 3

In Sweden (and all of Scandinavia), it's hideously expensive. Even in GAME (it's now a European chain), I could buy Mario and Sonic for example for £30. here in the shop (less than £20 on amazon) and when I went over at easter, it was still the equivalent of £60.

A DS game over here costs a maximum of £30, with £25-£30 being about average but over there the same games are £45 - not even most console games cost that much here.

REALLY :blink:

That is really expensive. I am just glad that I can look forward to a much more reasonably priced release over here.

Maybe you should just buy all your games online and have them sent to you when you go.

I think you can bet on the gameplay being somewhat Unleashed like, as it has the boost. Here's hoping it's more like the PS3/360 version though not on rails. And as far as the DS version goes, it's 2D. And as Dimps are making it, it s will probably be like the Rush games in ever aspect bar music.

Also, that's 30 pounds, not Euros. What you're looking at is something more like $43.

I'm certain that the gameplay on the Wii will be like that, and I just don't want it to be, the speed is okay, I just want to explore a lot more, I also don't want it to be like Rush and Unleashed were you just run into enemies, I like to attack my enemies and lose rings when I run into them at top speed, the little inconveniences are missed greatly...

Has Dimps or SEGA said that the DS game will be full 2D or is that just speculation? I don't recall hearing that anywhere... As for the music, I'm glad it will be by dimps and not by another company (cough cough, bioware)

Ah, sorry, I have a difficult time telling the difference between the Pound and Euro symbols. Still nearly 10 dollars cheaper, that's some good money there.

Maybe you should just buy all your games online and have them sent to you when you go.

That's where my mummy comes in I think. I'll order games and have them sent home for someone else to send on - still works out much cheaper. In fact, I can order from websites and have them send to Sweden for almost the same price so probably cheaper (and less cheeky) than asking my mum to do it.

Edited by mulletboyjay

Has Dimps or SEGA said that the DS game will be full 2D or is that just speculation? I don't recall hearing that anywhere... As for the music, I'm glad it will be by dimps and not by another company (cough cough, bioware)

Perfect blend of 3D & classic 2D perspectives on Wii, and solid 2D dual-screen gameplay on Nintendo DS!

This is from the features page.