Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

THE KITTENS HAVE SPOKEN and stated the most obvious thing about this game but mentions something esle aswell (if it's true only Kellie of SOA and AAUK of SOE community managers only knows)

http://tinyurl.com/herpderptkittens

I don't like how this game seems to become a bit unoriginal. Other than that I see this game just as a filler. Wont be something special I think but I still might enjoy it

It’s most likely because the franchise is dead, our source explained. Decision makers at Sega killed off a future Storybook installment after realizing the damage done to Sonic branding upon SBK’s very poor sales and reception–opting instead to push forward with this project.

All seemed right in the world for a brief moment when I read this statement.

I thought Black Knight was a piece of shit.

Also the game being aimed mainly at kids kills off a lot of my interest.

Why are people put off just because it aimed at kids (i've already seen quite alot comments about this matter around the interwebs)..... Open your eyes people Sonic has always been aimed at younger gamers (Besides Shadow the hedgehog that game is definitly aimed at mid teen scene emo kids lol) i'm shocked that people are willing to shove of this game cause it's aimed for kids since Sonic has always been aimed for kids and young teens *sigh*

Edited by ςгครђ
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not giving because the game's for children, but because we have the same SBK developers and just Sonic playable. these 2 things hurt me so much.

I still have some little hope though, but I'm not expecting too much (hope to be wrong)

Why aim something specifically at kids when you can aim it at all ages?

I'm not giving because the game's for children, but because we have the same SBK developers

Oh yeah, another reason for me personally to expect the worst. :/

Edited by speedfreak

The main problem I see is that it's gonna end up being half assed to push into little Tommy's Christmas present who's too young to care about quality.

There's a difference between being lighthearted/appealing to younger audiences and being made kiddy/being made specifically for little kids.

I'm not giving because the game's for children, but because we have the same SBK developers and just Sonic playable. these 2 things hurt me so much.

SBK was shit because they half-assed the gimmick they attempted to implement. Since this game sounds to be more towards actually having powerups rather than having a full blown, gameplay altering gimmick, and most importantly, no on rails, who knows, less room to screw up.

Though, since everything ELSE in SBK, story, mission structure, multiple characters, etc. were handled really well, I'm hoping to see something similar in this game, mainly story quality.

Edited by Black Spy

Wow, Tristan, thanks for the totally obvious information!

I don't think it's a problem it will be targeted for a "mainstream Wii" audience, heck, Super Mario Galaxy's commercials were all about average folks in a cinema playing the game, and it could still appeal to Mario fans.

The only thing I'm worried about is it being a "quick buck," lame attempt at quality game. And them recycling the engine (if that's what it can be called) from Sonic and the Black Knight- that thing was broken. Badly.

Edited by BlazingTales

This is the same developers as SBK. SBK came out like a year ago. In that time span another storybook game was shot down by Sega bigwigs because of how shitty SBK was. So that means this game must have only been in development for like half a year or so and it's supposed to come out at the end of this year. I never completely write anything off, but given Sonic's track record I have very low hopes for this game.

Admittedly, knowing for a fact that the game is targeted at a younger audience doesn't do much to help Nintendo's 'kiddy' image. But as long as we're not talking about a pre-school-esque Blue's Clues happy happy learning adventure game here, I think it could appeal to a fairly wide audience. Games that aren't necessarily challenging can still be a whole lot of fun with great replay value, if just for the eye-candy and joy of playing (see: Katamari. I'm hooked on the Katamari games but difficult they ain't).

This is the same developers as SBK. SBK came out like a year ago. In that time span another storybook game was shot down by Sega bigwigs because of how shitty SBK was. So that means this game must have only been in development for like half a year or so and it's supposed to come out at the end of this year. I never completely write anything off, but given Sonic's track record I have very low hopes for this game.

I'm sort of curious just how long this has been in the works. The fact that PEGI has rated it must mean the final ideas have been sorted through, right?

Well that was a waste of time. I thought they were going to reveal who the lead programmer is, not tell us its the Storybook team. That was obvious from the get go.

The rest of it isn't very informative either. A Sonic game aimed at kids? You don't say...

The only part that caught me a little off guard is the Jambo Safari, "educational comparison". Don't really know what to make of it right now.

I also wish Tristan would have just revealed the source like he did back when Sonic 4 details were outed by Sega-Online. I knew I could trust them, but not so much this. Given the lack of detail, it probably doesn't matter.

Our source cited Super Mario Galaxy’s universally mainstream appeal, which Colors is internally not trying to accomplish.

*packs up campsite*

Welp, see ya Sonic Colors. No hoping for you then.

*packs up campsite*

Welp, see ya Sonic Colors. No hoping for you then.

Honestly, I can't completely trust news that does not name or cite its source. Everything just sounds so... vague.

Not to be cynical, I mean we all knew it was aimed at the younger audience, but more so I have no idea what "source" this is of Tristan's. Wait until we see more officially, since this doesn't tell me anything about the game either of gameplay.

I'm hoping that Jim Sterling spills the beans on these "good things" he's heard on the new episode of Sega Addicts, which is recording tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Friday on cute fluffy kittens News, we’ll have some new information to share with you regarding Sonic the Hedgehog 4, and we think you’ll like it.

I think I'm outta popcorn. Better go buy some tonight.

I think I'm outta popcorn. Better go buy some tonight.

What news could he possibly have.... Sonic 4 Episode 2 leaked videos off Partnernet :lol: I really doubt it much he could tell us XD

Edit: Oh AAUK can you tell us any of tristan's news is true ?????(besides it's aimed at young kids bit XD)

Edited by ςгครђ

It seems like a pretty interesting concept to me, though very Mario Galaxy-ish. Not like that's a bad thing, since Galaxy is beyond amazing. There definitely is a "great for kids" vibe going on here, because as soon as I saw it I thought "I'VE GOT A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR MY LITTLE SISTER!". I kind of like it, though, Sonic doesn't need to be serious business to be good. Hell, the best parts about Unleashed were the comedic parts.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Hell, the best parts about Unleashed were the comedic parts.

SA-55 needs to be in this game.

So, that article told us nothing. Most people had guessed it was being headed by the storybook team, and the fact that it's a child-orientated is just beyond obvious. Roll on E3!

Oh AAUK can you tell us any of tristan's news is true ?????(besides it's aimed at young kids bit XD)

WHO DARES SUMMON ME AT 1AM!? *THUNDER~!*

Well let me clarify one point it raised certainly - "So, why isn’t it a part of the Sonic Storybook Series?"

Well, you know how the Storybook series were based on STORYBOOKS yeah................................. yeah there you go. :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Well let me clarify one point it raised certainly - "So, why isn’t it a part of the Sonic Storybook Series?"

Well, you know how the Storybook series were based on STORYBOOKS yeah................................. yeah there you go. :)

I read a book about colours when I was a kid. Many of them in fact. Are you lying to us?

All I need to know is if the Wii game is on-rails, and that'll have to wait until E3 or whenever. I'd guess right now it's more like Unleashed Wii, but I can't be sure. After all, Black Knight had 2D sections advertised, and they were just as much on-rails as the 3D parts.

S-sorry master, I was wondering if any of it was true as well

So the storybook series isn't dead? And please tell me there is no pointing elements to the game, or that it heavily relies on the Wiimote. That's what killed my experience of Mario Galaxy and Sonic & the Black Knight respectively

Why are people put off just because it aimed at kids (i've already seen quite alot comments about this matter around the interwebs)..... Open your eyes people Sonic has always been aimed at younger gamers (Besides Shadow the hedgehog that game is definitly aimed at mid teen scene emo kids lol) i'm shocked that people are willing to shove of this game cause it's aimed for kids since Sonic has always been aimed for kids and young teens *sigh*

Because, they want to keep their eyes closed.

Look, I agree with you, I mean seriously, when people say that, I always look at them and say, "Yeah and a giant blue talking hedgehog isn't kiddie?"

S-sorry master, I was wondering if any of it was true as well

So the storybook series isn't dead? And please tell me there is no pointing elements to the game, or that it heavily relies on the Wiimote. That's what killed my experience of Mario Galaxy and Sonic & the Black Knight respectively

Heyyy I was going to say that since I summoned the almighty powerfull AAUK XD

I think everyone (even the babys at Sega forums) knew that it was not going to be based on the Storybook series since the images we have and the trailer are portrayed nothing like a storybook title lol Tristan has a unknown source too I bet it's called his ARSE XD

Edited by ςгครђ

Heyyy I was going to say that since I summoned the almighty powerfull AAUK XD

I think everyone (even the babys at Sega forums) knew that it was not going to be based on the Storybook series since the imaged and the trailer are portrayed nothing like a storybook title lol Tristan has a unknown source too I bet it's called his ARSE XD

You may have summoned him in words, but as I was reading that article (and I'm sure many of you reading as well) I asked him... in my head. Take that.