Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

So Mr.Bonehead on his fluffy kittens site has been up to his snoping ways again by the sounds of it -

But this isn’t the whole story. We’ve independently learned who exactly within Sonic Team is developing Sonic Colors, and depending on your views of the franchise, you may not be happy. We will share that and related details with you in a cute fluffy kittens News exclusive this evening.

No doubt more illegal personal identification research like he's done with past games.

Yeah, I suppose you're right there. Besides, no-one knows what's going on internally at SEGA anyway 'cept for AAUK and a few other people that work there whom visit SSMB. I have my suspicions Dimps made Sonic 4 up to this point, and now SEGA are planning on fiddling with it themselves ready for the new release date. Dimps are probably working on Colours DS now anyway. Could be wrong though, like I say you only really know the specifics if you work there. :P

The game industry is funny like that. With movies you usually hear the title, writer and then director before seeing ANY visuals. Meanwhile, with games you can have the synopsis, trailer, artwork and title before the director is even revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

so, now we're gotta wait for quite some time for something new to be revealed... there are no word for saying how much I hate to wait this long :(

Anyway I have my feeling that this game will come out in November (6 months then ): )

to Alex2beta: seeing Tails "running" alongside Sonic is a direct positive meaning for me. there were no other main chars in any other teaser trailer in past 2 years game (referring to SSR, SU and SBK). Consider the fact that Tails was also kinda scrapped from any significant role lately, so I think that SEGA is looking forward about him to be more important in the series. Then I am absolutely sure about him to be playable in some way.

It does kinda make sense that if he's so close then he might acttualy be playable, just hope that it gets confirmed. But wonder if each character (Sonic or tails) Will have a different view of the storyline? If you get to select playing as tails in Story mode then waiting to play as him when playing as sonic then i hope he will have a different view of showing the story (Like in SA1, tails got to talk like a real hero when playing as him)

It does kinda make sense that if he's so close then he might acttualy be playable, just hope that it gets confirmed. But wonder if each character (Sonic or tails) Will have a different view of the storyline? If you get to select playing as tails in Story mode then waiting to play as him when playing as sonic then i hope he will have a different view of showing the story (Like in SA1, tails got to talk like a real hero when playing as him)

I don't think that's gonna happen, but it could be interesting, as far as Tails has the same gameplay as Sonic

I imagine players swinging their wiimote by the safety strap above their heads to make Tails fly. Many HDTV's will be destroyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Mr.Bonehead on his fluffy kittens site has been up to his snoping ways again by the sounds of it -

No doubt more illegal personal identification research like he's done with past games.

How is Tristian finding out these things? Seriously. It had better not be Takashi Iizuka.

how about a cooperation between Sonic and Tails a la Sonic Advance 3? could be interesting

Whenever we talk about Tristan and Cute Fluffy Kitties and all I just CANNOT get this scene out of my head.

Anyways... Well I'm a bit unsure how he could of gotten that information too... Actually, let me check something, likely not it but worth a shot. To work!

Shadzter: I think I know what his major announcement is, and if it is what i think it is I will be most amused.

Oh and I'm "terse" again. Yay!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well since Takashi is helping out with Sonic 4 I can only think of two other people: Tetsu Katano (Black Knight)

and Yojiro Ogawa(Secret Rings).

Well since Takashi is helping out with Sonic 4 I can only think of two other people: Tetsu Katano (Black Knight)

and Yojiro Ogawa(Secret Rings).

Or Tetsu Ogawa (Black Rings)...

• Thumbs Up 1

Or Tetsu Ogawa (Black Rings)...

I sure did love that Sonic and the Black Rings. As did we all.

So much so that we've completely forgotten its existence. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I imagine players swinging their wiimote by the safety strap above their heads to make Tails fly. Many HDTV's will be destroyed.

That actually could be funny seeing them go Angry German Kid on the game cause of that. I would be amused by seeing so, i can see it now, the frustaration and the combination of anger and sadness over an HDTV cause of thinking tails would fly by swining way up to hit them over the head...Anyway i think they would make tails fly by making the jump as button "A" and when pressing it again in air makes him fly.

For all we know Iizuka could be supervising both projects, and even the 20th anniversary game...

Don't have any problem with it, but I can't blame people f they start to complain about it...

p.d: I also somewhat feel that Iizuka has become the new "GRIFFITH" (AKA Sonic fans scapegoat)

p.d: I also somewhat feel that Iizuka has become the new "GRIFFITH" (AKA Sonic fans scapegoat)

You have just reminded me of an important point there.

Voice acting - will this game have it? I'm fairly certain it will. Which means another onslaught of inevitable 4Kids hate ahoy, I guess.

You have just reminded me of an important point there.

Voice acting - will this game have it? I'm fairly certain it will. Which means another onslaught of inevitable 4Kids hate ahoy, I guess.

I'm not calling this the pinnacle of voice acting, even in the Sonic series, but Griffith like him or not has gotten better in each game he has voiced in. And Tails surprisingly SOMEHOW after being my most hated actor grew on me in Unleashed with her best performance.

Though I think the Tails actor quit didn't she? Correct me if that's not the case, but I swear there was something on about that.

I'm not calling this the pinnacle of voice acting, even in the Sonic series, but Griffith like him or not has gotten better in each game he has voiced in. And Tails surprisingly SOMEHOW after being my most hated actor grew on me in Unleashed with her best performance.

Though I think the Tails actor quit didn't she? Correct me if that's not the case, but I swear there was something on about that.

IIRC, she actually left 4Kids years ago, but continues to voice Tails. And yeah, this game is so going to have voice acting. I like the voices these days. They were worse in X and ShTH, and now they're pretty decent.

Well, among some of us who have realised that Iizuka is a talentless hack nowadays.

Edit: Okay, who downvoted me just because I stated an opinion? Yeah, real mature, guys. Seriously, everything Iizuka touches these days tends to go bad. Heroes and Shadow, anyone? The guy has lost his touch. I'm actually surprised at this knee-jerk response to me saying something negative about him.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the 4Kids voice actors. I agree Griffith has been steadily improving lately, and some of the rest of the cast - namely Dan Green and Mike Pollock - have been pretty consistently good.

And yeah, like someone has already said, I think Tails' VA quit 4Kids but still does Sonic games.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the 4Kids voice actors. I agree Griffith has been steadily improving lately, and some of the rest of the cast - namely Dan Green and Mike Pollock - have been pretty consistently good.

And yeah, like someone has already said, I think Tails' VA quit 4Kids but still does Sonic games.

Yeh Mike pollock did do a pretty clean job as well as Dan Green, (I miss Scott Dreier...But that is something i can live without in the Gaming!) and yeh, grifith seems to be improving with his job of voicing alright.

Nyam-nyam-nyam! Ultra HD screens!

*Sexy Screens*

Where'd they all come from?

Voice acting in this series has long since stopped worrying me. Everyone's gotten considerably better over time, and after Adventure 2 I'm just thankful when the lines are synced up properly. :rolleyes:

That does remind me of something, though; will the W(h)isps be doing any talking, d'you suppose?

Where'd they all come from?

I downloaded a video(which is about 458 mb .mov) and made some screenshots from it ^_^. Aren't they beautiful? (I mean, 1920x1080!)