Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Eh, I don't really care much about how the Wii version turns out, as I don't have easy, permanent access to one. Now the DS one, I hope the gameplay is similar to the Rush series, so I can pretend that is Rush 3 :P. Also I wish SEGA announced a Rivals 3 :(

• Thumbs Up 1

The Storybook team? Yes please. I thought SBK was an awesome game, certainly way better than Unleashed. Sonic 06? Preferable? Pfft, bullshit.

inbeforeRAEGoveraconflictingopinion

Still, I raise an eyebrow at this 'source' of Tristan's.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Lol a reliable source. I'll wait till I see it. Anyone can say something like that.

The very thought of the Black Knight team making this game just caused me to die a little on the inside. I'm hoping that they've learned something if this is true. I don't want it to be on-rails.

The teaser looks really good and all, but I'm not setting any expectations. I hope to see more of it soon though.

Apparently, Since its point and shoot in some elements, the only thing I think that can beat the game is......

THE COLLER WHEAL!

color_wheel.gif

By the way, It appeals to the kids from the get go! Little Jimmy will be memorized, similar to Camp Lazlo's "PREETY, PREETY, SHINY, SHINY"

Edited by Squirtle

Apparently, Since its point and shoot in some elements, the only thing I think that can beat the game is......

THE COLLER WHEAL!

color_wheel.gif

By the way, It appeals to the kids from the get go! Little Jimmy will be memorized, similar to Camp Lazlo's "PREETY, PREETY, SHINY, SHINY"

The game is NOT point and shoot. o.o

Even believing Tristan's source, they said there was some point and click elements. Mario had some point and click elements. Besides Star Bits you didn't really shoot anything, there were some subtle actions done with it.

The game is NOT point and shoot. o.o

Even believing Tristan's source, they said there was some point and click elements. Mario had some point and click elements. Besides Star Bits you didn't really shoot anything, there were some subtle actions done with it.

What? So What DID I read?

...But what about gimmicks? Nintendo Power teased a lack of gimmicks, but we’ve been informed that won’t quite be the case. To complement Sonic Colors’s push toward young players, our source says there will be gimmicks that involve pointing and touching various items in-game. That said, we’ve been assured this isn’t a game breaker, and that the gimmicks play out very well with overall game mechanics.

So I take a guess that SMG didn't had point and shoot as well?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-CLbzIt0EJU

So, its proven, anything where you point at the screen and press a button is considered "point-and-shoot".

Edited by Squirtle

What? So What DID I read?

cute fluffy kitten's bad writing is what you read.

it's not "point and shoot" it's "point and click"

"shoot" would involve actually firing at something. This would be more like SMG's pull stars.

Also it wouldn't all be like that. Just in case that's what you thought.

Point and shoot would be something like Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition or pretty much any Wii shooter in general.

I love how there is no mention of point and click gameplay in the press release.

*unrelated* Sonic Team sure loves to do the whole 2D/3D perspective don't they? I wonder what the enemies will be like.

I wonder how the Point and Click will be handed in the 2D sections...

Important Note: this guy never played galaxy becuase he doesn't own a Wii so it doesn't know if galaxy or any other similar game had any 2D section.

This just in guys, Unleashed is a racing game! I can't believe nobody noticed.

It certainly wasn't a platformer. More of a racing obstical course. Sorry, but I can't call the unleashed day time levels anything but some variation of racing game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ummm what the fuck just happened? Sonic colors, Really? I'll be the first to say FAIL. And unless something turns up that seems interesting, this will be another Sonic game I will skip.

• Bad Quality Post 11

Ummm what the fuck just happened? Sonic colors, Really? I'll be the first to say FAIL. And unless something turns up that seems interesting, this will be another Sonic game I will skip.

here we go again.... basing opinions on a game with a 15 second clip that shows no game play.

• Thumbs Up 4

It certainly wasn't a platformer. More of a racing obstical course. Sorry, but I can't call the unleashed day time levels anything but some variation of racing game.

I called that a long time ago. I mean, you didn't fight anything in the day stages, just pushed forward and boosted, nothing else. That's what made Sonic fun, and Unleashed took it away...

So if CFK News is to be believed (I don't see the reason to doubt them in this case) then the game is headed by the Storybook team? Well that only makes sense since they've been on all Wii-exclusive games so far. It's really hit or miss for me then, since I loved SatSR but I can't stand SatBK.

So it's Storybook in spirit and not in name?

I guess if they really wanted to, they could make the game take place in a coloring book. That'd be an interesting one. I can't believe their learning curve comment just yet though, since SatSR was way hard (in a good way) while SatBK had no difficulty at all. I really hope Sonic Team can find a nice balance this time.

Edited by Dabnikz

Well it's more of a rumor(everything is a rumor) in this case. Even if it is the Storybook team then I wish them luck.

Major improvements please.

If that story was to be believed then it would mean SEGA is full of nothing but idiots. I mean come on...

"Decision makers at Sega killed off a future Storybook installment after realizing the damage done to Sonic branding upon SBK’s very poor sales and reception–opting instead to push forward with this project"

So if that was the case then SEGA would have chose different people to make the game, because, if something bombs that bad, you won't want the same people making your game, that's like playing with fire. They could mess up again, I doubt SEGA would be dumb enough to go through with that.

So if that was the case then SEGA would have chose different people to make the game, because, if something bombs that bad, you won't want the same people making your game, that's like playing with fire. They could mess up again, I doubt SEGA would be dumb enough to go through with that.

Edge, do not forget that the same people made Secret rings, which was a great game. Why are people always mentioning only bad things? Give them a chance).

About that learning curve - I think it makes a game more of an experience if a move's a bit confusing or hard to master. When you pull something off correctly it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. Secret Rings' wide moveset added new dimensions to gameplay too, because you could build a custom Sonic.

If it's really an issue I wish they'd set the curve to medium at least, something simple but challenging like Rush. I hope this doesn't mean the game's easy.

If that story was to be believed then it would mean SEGA is full of nothing but idiots. I mean come on...

But Sonic Team does have a habit of doing something wrong and then jumping in the completely opposite direction.

Edited by Dabnikz

So I wake up, get out of bed and come to my PC to find out what the kittens exclusive was and why am I not surprised? Yet another unidentified "source" and it took 8 hours for him to reveal it after teasing? I reckon he just got together what we know and what was obvious then made an article on it. Not really the sort of exclusive news he made out it was going to be and I reckon his Sonic 4 news will be just as 'enlightening'.

EDIT:

Lol! GoNintendo don't believe him, they've labelled it rumor -

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125057

I love RMC :D

Well, now we have clean Renders of Sonic and the Whisps. Once the game releases someone will make a crappy Fake boxart using the renders, and calling it "Sonic 4 2"

Well, now we have clean Renders of Sonic and the Whisps. Once the game releases someone will make a crappy Fake boxart using the renders, and calling it "Sonic 4 2"

It won't be me. I've done enough fake boxarts for this game. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

It won't be me. I've done enough fake boxarts for this game. ;)

Enough? But you're yet to do the Game Gear and SEGA CD/Mega CD versions XD

So has Tristan's exclusives ever been correct before? Which have been wrong?