Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Voice acting in this series has long since stopped worrying me. Everyone's gotten considerably better over time, and after Adventure 2 I'm just thankful when the lines are synced up properly. :rolleyes:

That does remind me of something, though; will the W(h)isps be doing any talking, d'you suppose?

I think so, i believe their voices would sound young and slightly high-pitched with possibly an echo effect, then again if they don't...We can always see Sonic saying something like "What the hell are you trying to say!?"

Edited by Alex2beta

I downloaded a video(which is about 458 mb .mov) and made some screenshots from it ^_^. Aren't they beautiful? (I mean, 1920x1080!)

Awesome. Got a link to the video? I only have 1280x720 one. Clearly, it's no good if higher res is there for the pickings.

Awesome. Got a link to the video? I only have 1280x720 one. Clearly, it's no good if higher res is there for the pickings.

Sure, no problem^^. I think 458 mb is too much for it, so i converted it, but you can download the original file from HERE

Edited by ArtFenix

I'd prefer if the Wisps made litte cries instead of talking.

They can make pokemon sounds. Like the 'cute' one can sound like mew, the aggressive like Sandshrew, and so and so forth.

Sure, no problem^^. I think 458 mb is too much for it, so i converted it, but you can download the original file from HERE

Thanks a lot! What's this? It's the American version with bad spelling? RAGE!

I hope that we don't get different boxarts for different region this time. Heroes did it (NA, EUR and JPN) and so did Riders (NA/EUR and JPN) and Classic Collection (EUR and NA) more recently.

They can make pokemon sounds. Like the 'cute' one can sound like mew, the aggressive like Sandshrew, and so and so forth.

Or they can be like WISP WISP WISPWISP WISP! WISP WISP WISP WISP WISP, WISP WISP, WISP WISP WISP WISP! WISP WISP WISP WISP WISP! WISP WISP, WISP WISP WISP WISP WISP! Damn Pokemon.

Our latest tutorial character Curly the Whisp?

Please don't make him the new Omochao. @_@

Please don't make him the new Omochao. @_@

I second this. There's no point in replacing a character that's already awesome. Omochao for Colors!

http://forums.sega.c...882&postcount=8

Sorry guys this game isn't a platformer, it's another racing game. Oh poo :( *sarcasm*

Ohhh so this may be that news exclusive at the fluffy kittens website must be talking haha (that would be quite f**ked up if that was true 0_0)

Sprint across cobbled streets or race through lush jungles on a quest to save the world.

This just in guys, Unleashed is a racing game! I can't believe nobody noticed.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

This just in guys, Unleashed is a racing game! I can't believe nobody noticed.

Yeh, really guys, whats the matter with you all ignoring this whole thing that Unleashed is a racing game and the fact that you all just noticed that Sonic colors is a racing game!

Well enough of the sarcasm thing...Wait, who am i to say "Enough" if im just a normal member. But come on...That was ignorant of some people to think the game is about racing just cause the description has the word RACE does not mean its a racing game.

PS3/360 owners get: Sonic 06 and Unleashed HD.

Wii owners get: Unleashed LD, SatSR, SatBK, M&SatOG, M&SatOWG and Colours (and Brawl).

I think it's getting to be pretty clear who's got the better deal here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or are the Wisps an incarnation of what the 2012 Olympics mascots should have been?

Just sayin'.

PS3/360 owners get: Sonic 06 and Unleashed HD.

Wii owners get: Unleashed LD, SatSR, SatBK, M&SatOG, M&SatOWG and Colours (and Brawl).

I think it's getting to be pretty clear who's got the better deal here...

Fix'd. Brawl isn't a Sonic game, Colours isn't out yet and the rest suck :D

Joke aside though, I'm looking forward to this game. Looks really charming, and the general visuals and scenery look fantastic.

Edited by Columind

Sonic Colours is a weird name and the Wisp aliens seems new. Also, the amusement park adventure seems just plain bad.

Edited by TehCoolBuizel

Sonic Shuffle sounds like some sort of hyperbolic drumbeat.

I didn't realise that Sonic Unleashed is the only game where Sonic isn't on a leash.

Agreed though, Black. Sonic Colours is a weird name. It's just about as simple as you can get for a subtitle, and in itself is very ambiguous. It's good though, unlike Sonic Spectrum as people keep suggesting. Not only does does that sound weird, it's also too close to Sonic Rectum.

Edited by Blue Blood

Fix'd. Brawl isn't a Sonic game, Colours isn't out yet and the rest suck :D

Joke aside though, I'm looking forward to this game. Looks really charming, and the general visuals and scenery look fantastic.

But in terms of the number of games released, the Wii does better. And so what if some people don't like them, others are fans of the Sonic series regardless - I've noticed a lot of newfound love for 06 and more people bigging up the Wii Unleashed lately.

But then again, people will always have differing opinions - hence people constantly changing their minds over Sonic 4 and this (once we know more).

You just can't please the Sonic community some people :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I can agree that "Sonic Colors" is an odd name, but mostly because I think it's new in our minds. We'll get used to it. However, I think the C's run together (it sounds like "Sonic Ullers"). Also, unlike most of the other "Sonic (insert word here)" games, it doesn't make as much sense. Sonic Adventure I get, he's on an adventure. Sonic's rushing, the Chronicles of Sonic, a classic collection of Sonic games, the greatest Sonic games get together and jam, etc. But "Sonic Colors" makes me think of Sonic literally coloring, or the actual colors that make up Sonic.

"What colors are the American flag?"

"Sonic Colors!

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Also, the amusement park adventure seems just plain bad.

All in tastes, the idea of an amusement park that transverses many different and surreal worlds across space and Eggman-built structures sounds unique, creative, and worlds better than navigating doom and gloom cities for example.

It's surreal, family friendly, and has a charm which also transcends with the art direction and style of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

But in terms of the number of games released, the Wii does better. And so what if some people don't like them, others are fans of the Sonic series regardless - I've noticed a lot of newfound love for 06 and more people bigging up the Wii Unleashed lately.

But then again, people will always have differing opinions - hence people constantly changing their minds over Sonic 4 and this (once we know more).

You just can't please the Sonic community some people :P

Funny you should state the bolded because I'm seeing the exact opposite lately.

And yes I do agree Sonic Colours is a weird name. The concept with one of the colours creating new pathways however made me think of a certain other game.

I can agree that "Sonic Colours" is an odd name, but mostly because I think it's new in our minds. We'll get used to it. However, I think the C's run together (it sounds like "Sonic Ullers"). Also, unlike most of the other "Sonic (insert word here)" games, it doesn't make as much sense. Sonic Adventure I get, he's on an adventure. Sonic's rushing, the Chronicles of Sonic, a classic collection of Sonic games, the greatest Sonic games get together and jam, etc. But "Sonic Colours" makes me think of Sonic literally colouring, or the actual colours that make up Sonic.

"What colours are the British flag?"

"Sonic Colours!

Fix'd. =D

The amusement park sounds pretty much perfect. Eggman is a strange character who's been shown time and time again to have an affinity with theme parks, carnivals and the works. The fact that he's trying to build one in space is like he's mixing Death Egg and Eggmanland. Series wise, it makes a lot of sense because of this. And you have to remember that this is one of those Sonic games that's aimed at a much younger audience than other have been recently.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm still waiting for a really creepy Carnival-type place from Eggman, complete with a disturbing clown Badnik or something. Probably won't happen due to the whole 'family-friendly' thing the Sonic series usually goes with, but a guy can dream, eh?