Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Oooh, I like that new soundtrack! Very epic, it almost sounds like opening music, or perhaps the map music.

Does this mean we'll have a more orchestral feel to the music perhaps? A bit like SA1 or Sonic Unleashed.

It'll be nice to get some new screenshots and info on the website, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh hey guise, Sonic Channel page has been upd---

HNNNG NINJA'D.

Oh well. I shall return with decompiled stuff soon, I guess.

Oh hey new artworks with transparency! That curly-antennaed White Whisp seems to be of some importance.

colors6.pngcolors7.pngcolors8.pngcolors9.png

You can also grab the background here and music stream here.

EDIT: Here are the old artworks, in case you missed them earlier:

colors1.pngcolors2.pngcolors3.pngcolors4.pngcolors5.png

Edited by Sweet Mountain Zone

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey new artworks with transparency! That curly-antennaed White Whisp seems to be of some importance.

colors6.pngcolors7.pngcolors8.pngcolors9.png

...Chip!?

It can't be. Nah they wouldn't.

Edited by KoolKojoS

No, they wouldn't. However, he really probably is this games Chip.

Hopefully, he'll be less annoying, and if ever other characters appear (IN CUTSCENES), I wanna know how they'll interact with that wisp.

Speaking of Unleashed, do you think the Hedgehog Engine will be used and/or tweaked for compatibility with the Wii? I like it whenever light and shadow makes the models look more natural and less-out-of-place, but I hope this doesn't slow anything down with framerates and game speeds. After all, the Wii is basically a Gamecube with tweaked texturing and graphics as well as widescreen support.

The Wii is a lot more powerful than the GC you know. And no, this won't be using the HE.

Guest Miles Per Hour

Hopefully, he'll be less annoying, and if ever other characters appear (IN CUTSCENES), I wanna know how they'll interact with that wisp.

Speaking of Unleashed, do you think the Hedgehog Engine will be used and/or tweaked for compatibility with the Wii? I like it whenever light and shadow makes the models look more natural and less-out-of-place, but I hope this doesn't slow anything down with framerates and game speeds. After all, the Wii is basically a Gamecube with tweaked texturing and graphics as well as widescreen support.

The Wii is much more powerful than any previous gen console. Just because it's weaker than the 360 and PS3 doesn't mean it's weaker than the Gamecube and Xbox ;)

The Wii is much more powerful than any previous gen console. Just because it's weaker than the 360 and PS3 doesn't mean it's weaker than the Gamecube and Xbox ;)

I WAS WROOOOOOOOONG

Love the new soundtrack, though. I always thought that the series deserved more of a techno tweaking to it. But when it comes to the graphics, I liked what Brawl did with Sonic. Evoked a bit of the official art yet kept that mobility and versatility. And we all love the drowning action. <3

By the way, you were ninja'd. :3

I sort of have the feeling that will be the cover-art. It'S cool, but I'm hoping for something more space-ish :-/

That music is fantastic!

The footage of the game looks alot like Sonic Unleashed on 360/PS3. I've forgotten this was supposed to be based off of SU on the wii. :D It probably won't end up looking perfectly the same as 360/ps3 but I like how they tried.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in ASDA today and looked at the back of the new ONM to find it mentions Sonic Colours with a screenshot we've already seen so I assume there is a new preview in there, does anyone here have the issue and could scan it up? I don't have £3.99 spare.

The footage of the game looks alot like Sonic Unleashed on 360/PS3. I've forgotten this was supposed to be based off of SU on the wii. :D It probably won't end up looking perfectly the same as 360/ps3 but I like how they tried.

No its not its got nothing to do with SU wii. engine wise, sonic unleashed wii/ps2 used a "internal" engine while unleashed 360/ps3 used the "hedgehog" engine this is the hedgehog engine port to wii clearly. gameplay wise, its using more SU 360/Ps3 style gameplay but keeping a few things that the wii version had. Graphics wise, well duh it can't put out the same kind of graphics power as the 360/Ps3 but its trying to mimic it really well.

Wii/Ps2 of SU was just a bad port.

No its not its got nothing to do with SU wii. engine wise, sonic unleashed wii/ps2 used a "internal" engine while unleashed 360/ps3 used the "hedgehog" engine this is the hedgehog engine port to wii clearly. gameplay wise, its using more SU 360/Ps3 style gameplay but keeping a few things that the wii version had. Graphics wise, well duh it can't put out the same kind of graphics power as the 360/Ps3 but its trying to mimic it really well.

Wii/Ps2 of SU was just a bad port.

Wrong. Unleashed PS2/Wii was not a port, it was a completely unique game. When they said "internal engine" it meant nothing more than "we didn't build a brad new engine specifically for this game". The Hedgehog Engine has NOTHING to do with gameplay. It's solely a graphics engine and is NOT being used for colours. Iizuka already said that Colours is using a new engine.

Edited by Blue Blood

Uh, so I made this

SCCover.jpg

It sucks.

The proportions of everything are all wrong, but I just wanted to make something quickly to see how it would look just about.

I'm still sticking to thinking that that will be the cover art, but I've warmed up to it and would like it.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

128787905433278155.jpg

When I saw that I immediately thought we had an official box art, I was going to go log in to our WordPress and report :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it, Marcello, that Sonic art is old. They reuse art in promo shots, but not on boxart. I think the only time they ever did that was with Classic Collection, and well the entire game couldn't have been lazier. Considering how clean and white Wii games often look, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the boxart:

SonicColoursNintendoPower.png

But the again, I think the focus is a little off Sonic there too. He's looking at a Wisp instead of the camera like he always does and that same Wisp is in front of him. But my God modern Sonic has never looked better.

Edited by Blue Blood

Huh. I thought they were the same at first :| I had no idea they had 2 different ones. They didn't have that second one at Retro. (Edit: Yes, they do. I'm blind >_>) But, yeah, your probably right..

Edited by MarcelloF

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume this is the topic for general discussion and thoughts on the game.

I can't say I myself am looking forward to this game, as I somewhat disliked the daytime stages in the 360 version of Unleashed. Though you never know. I'll definitely try to get more practice on the day stages and then consider renting this game first. Who knows, the Wisps might add something more to it.

It's so weird.

It feels like it's been so long since I could watch a trailer for a Sonic game and simply be excited, without worrying about it being ruined by one thing or another. ^_^

Also the video description pegs the release date as Nov 12 in Europe.

Looks like EU is getting the game 4 days before the U.S.