Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

I'm still waiting for a really creepy Carnival-type place from Eggman, complete with a disturbing clown Badnik or something. Probably won't happen due to the whole 'family-friendly' thing the Sonic series usually goes with, but a guy can dream, eh?

Doesn't mean it won't happen just because the game is more "family friendly", I mean I would classify Sonic Adventure as Kid Friendly, and look what it had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7xCVYEBsQ#t=0m58s

Still hope this game has a "Haunted" world.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Hold on a sec. Aliens? Amusement parks in space?!

First my mind went here:

killer_klown.jpg

But then my mind went here:

space-jam.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

But then my mind went here:

space-jam.jpg

So really, there won't be any Wisps for power-ups, they'll have 'Michael's Magic Stuff' :D

Edited by mulletboyjay
  • Thumbs Up 1

Funny you should state the bolded because I'm seeing the exact opposite lately.

And yes I do agree Sonic Colours is a weird name. The concept with one of the colours creating new pathways however made me think of a certain other game.

I see your point on the "Epic mickey" part reminded by "Sonic Color" it would be better off with "Sonic Whisp" then again the name could be something like "Sonic Power" and again i fail..

Serious? Unleashed Wii had very standard visuals. They weren't bad, but weren't particularly good either. The storybook titles both stand out as having particularly good graphics for the system.

The Unleashed game for the Wii had amazing visuals, and that's coming from someone that hates the console, I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the Wii version and the PS360 versions Sonic models. In fact, the only real difference in them were the sizes and the colors.

You just can't please the Sonic community some people :P

That is very true

But I am pleased :) In fact, I joined today just so I could say that I am excited for this game

• Thumbs Up 7

We can always see Sonic saying something like "What the hell are you trying to say!?"

Well, after some of Sonic's lines in Shadow the Hedgehog, SEGA probably wouldn't hesitate to put something like that in this game!

That is very true

But I am pleased :) In fact, I joined today just so I could say that I am excited for this game

It does seem like a lot of people are pleased about this game though!

I really love your username! Welcome to the Sonic Stadium! (Trust me, I really do like that username, I use 'I need no username' all the time)

I think lots of us are excited - I certainly am, I'm hoping that both the Wii and DS versions offer up something sweet :D

• Thumbs Up 1

The Unleashed game for the Wii had amazing visuals, and that's coming from someone that hates the console, I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the Wii version and the PS360 versions Sonic models. In fact, the only real difference in them were the sizes and the colors.

What.... nahhh I always thought the Wii/PS2 was pretty standard not bad but not amazing, Blue blood pretty right on that though what he said, I always thought the PS3/360 version had the best visuals in out of the 2 versions of Unleashed while the Wii/PS2 was not bad I think colours will have awesome visuals though like SMG2 has amaazing visuals (not played the game yet :( but seen videos on the interwebs looks awesome =D)

• Thumbs Up 1

That is very true

Yeh, im excited aswell (Gameplay screenshots and im hyped!) and im happy the game isn't getting allot of negtivity except some "hardcoar" gamers saying "WTF?"

With a name like Sonic Colors, it'd better be something to look at. With a name like that you can't have bad graphics.

Doesn't mean it won't happen just because the game is more "family friendly", I mean I would classify Sonic Adventure as Kid Friendly, and look what it had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7xCVYEBsQ#t=0m58s

Still hope this game has a "Haunted" world.

You thought that was bad? In a "kid-friendly" game, the same game, Perfect Chaos decimates an entire city by flooding a city, killing thousands. Pretty hefty shit!

I think anything's game, as long as it's in the bounds of reason. Still, this is called Sonic Colors, I doubt this'll be any more "hardcore" than anything in Unleashed.

....PLEASE GET A FRIGGING RENAME, GAME, IT SUCKS SHIT THROUGH A BENDY STRAY, HOWS THAT FOR KID-FRIENDLY

Edited by EXshad

Between this and Sonic 4, NBA Jam, Conduit 2, Black Ops, Epic Mickey, and a few others, fall will be a pretty busy time for gaming for me.

I'm hoping the Nintendo Power exclusive includes screenshots.

What.... nahhh I always thought the Wii/PS2 was pretty standard not bad but not amazing, Blue blood pretty right on that though what he said, I always thought the PS3/360 version had the best visuals in out of the 2 versions of Unleashed while the Wii/PS2 was not bad I think colours will have awesome visuals though like SMG2 has amaazing visuals (not played the game yet :( but seen videos on the interwebs looks awesome =D)

It's a proven fact that the PS60 version does have the best visuals, but you cannot compare the Wii and PS2 versions, the Wii one has much better graphics than the PS2, SMG 2 does have amazing visuals as well.

But since Sonic Team is making the Wii version, we'll just have to hope that the graphics are better, Dimps made the best looking Wii graphics for a Sonic game with Unleashed.

Between this and Sonic 4, NBA Jam, Conduit 2, Black Ops, Epic Mickey, and a few others, fall will be a pretty busy time for gaming for me.

I'm hoping the Nintendo Power exclusive includes screenshots.

At six pages and a cover story, there'll definitely be pictures, maybe of both versions. Plus it's out during E3 week anyway. Rest assured, there'll be images and possibly a new (proper) trailer then.

, I doubt this'll be any more "hardcore" than anything in Unleashed.

My little 8 year old cousin looked at Dark Gaia when I played the Wii version and the characters design terrified her. I can't begin to imagine what would happen if I showed him to her on my PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

My little 8 year old cousin looked at Dark Gaia when I played the Wii version and the characters design terrified her. I can't begin to imagine what would happen if I showed him to her on my PS3.

Imagine how scared she would be if you showed her Robotnik in all his original 16-bit glory - he used to scare me when I was that age anyway :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine how scared she would be if you showed her Robotnik in all his original 16-bit glory - he used to scare me when I was that age anyway :lol:

Really? I always thought he looked like a rather friendly fellow. At least compared to this:

SatamRobotnik.jpg

So Mr.Bonehead on his fluffy kittens site has been up to his snoping ways again by the sounds of it -

No doubt more illegal personal identification research like he's done with past games.

Joy. I'll think I'll be as pessimistic as possible and say Shun Nakamura from Sonic '06. That way, anyone else will strike as being good news. :lol:

:(

SatAM Robotnik can't hold a candle to AoStH Robotnik. Thank god I haven't gotten nightmares. Yet.

I'm very excited for Sonic Colours, which kinda sucks because it's really too early to say. I love the feel of the teaser trailer, that environment is just GORGEOUS. Running through it will be amazing! I'm a bit disappointed about this solo business, I really miss Tails having a decent role in the games. Perhaps he simply follows after Sonic, Sonic 2 style? I would love him playable though, maybe with some different routes to take advantage of his flying ability.

Dunno about the kiddy rating, I know it's not final but I want to see plenty of interesting Eggmanland-like death traps and interesting enemies. You can slip a lot of stuff in an all ages rating though so I'm not terribly worried. The whole amusement park theme...oh god, no, that final level is going to be a KILLER.

I'm also really curious about who's directing this, but Dimps has my seal of approval for the DS. A Sonic Rush 3 suits me fine.

I'm counting down the days until that ONM issue comes out, unless we get a new reveal before then.

Can't believe I'm more excited over a 20 second CG trailer than Sonic 4. @_@ It's nice to have something to hype again.

• Thumbs Up 1

THE KITTENS HAVE SPOKEN and stated the most obvious thing about this game but mentions something else aswell (if it's true only Kellie of SOA and AAUK of SOE community managers only knows)

http://tinyurl.com/herpderptkittens

Edited by ςгครђ

When does that issue of ONM come out, by the way? For subscribers? Mine gets delivered to my family's home, not my apartment, so I need my mum to re-route it to me when she gets it. Would be nice to give her an estimated time-frame so I don't have to ask her every day "Is it there yet? =D".

Edit: Fucking lol @ being aimed at a younger crowd. I knew that about the game on the day it was announced. >_> HERPDERP indeed.

that's how all the interest I had about this game drastically drops -_- thanks SEGA -_-

anyway I know I'm going to buy this game in any case, but if SEGA will re-introduce on-rails mechanic again I think I will regret to spend my money for a Sonic game. AND THAT IS THE FIRST TIME I SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT A SONIC GAME. In these situation I prefer Sonic 06.

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

When does that issue of ONM come out, by the way? For subscribers? Mine gets delivered to my family's home, not my apartment, so I need my mum to re-route it to me when she gets it. Would be nice to give her an estimated time-frame so I don't have to ask her every day "Is it there yet? =D".

Edit: Fucking lol. I knew that about the game on the day it was announced. >_> HERPDERP indeed.

I think it's coming out on the 6 of June (a few days away from E3) so we be getting shots of the game before E3 nice :) and indeed I think everyone knew about that on the first day it was annouced XD

Edited by ςгครђ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kinda knew that already, thanks Tristan >_>

By "very young demographic" I hope it's meant that there's still plenty for older fans, like SBK in which there was lots to master and unlock for a greater challenge. I would also like it if "young fans" didn't mean "super power of teamwork".

Still excited, I'm going to wait for some more offical material before I ABANDON ALL HOPE thanks to Tristan's incredibly reliable word-of-god "independent source".