Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Can't wait to see what bullshit moveset they came up with for phoenix.

Edited by Solkia

Rumor mill is still turning. Yet another guy with an "inside source" from /v/. This was posted on GAF, and apparently some guy there who knows about the character responded with a very conspicuous smiley face.

phoenix wright is a multi stance character

investigation stance, court stance and turnabout stance

each stance has a different move set

he also has an additional bar along with the hyper bar in which he stores pieces of evidence that you have to pick up by pressing S and any normal

the thing is you can either get a solid piece of evidence or junk

if you get junk you have to throw it away for solid evidence

there's 4 different types of evidence that you can pull

each do something different in court stance like shoot different types of projectiles

you can freely switch between those two stances

however to get the turnabout stance, which is the only stance you can do the level 3 in, you need to have 3 solid pieces of evidence and hit them with your text box move

then you go into like this mode for a brief amount of time where all your specials are buffed and you are able to do level 3

level 3 is not a counter

I have never seen so many gimmicks in one fighting character. Ever. Either Wright will end up one of the greatest characters in the game or one of the worst.

It honestly sounds amazing imo, this makes me hype even moar for his trailer

EDIT: Oh wait not an official source, I say don't entirely trust it but at least keep it in mind in case it actually is true

Edited by Cero

I like complex characters. That means they aren't boring as fuck to play.

Not sure why anyone would want Phoenix to be really basic like Ryu or Akuma.

Well, no one should judge anyone until they've spent enough time playing that character themselves. If that rumored Wright movelist is as they say, then it's no wonder the dev team is debating his competitive potential. Considering Ace Attorney's 10 birthday is on the same week as NYCC, I think we can expect to see him and Rocket in action around that time (they may show Frank and Nova closer to the con, as a guess.)

NYCC starts tomorrow at around 12 PM EST as far as I know. That's where they're going to have all the reveals.

Oh okay. For some reason I thought it started on Friday. I was going to go to NYC Comic-Con this year but due to recent car/money problems it would be in my best interest not too

Ugh. Of course Phoenix Wright and Rocket Raccoon reveals have to be the day I have class all day.

Thank god I don't have class on fridays.

Ugh. Of course Phoenix Wright and Rocket Raccoon reveals have to be the day I have class all day.

bring laptop/smart phone to class, WATCH! lol that's what I use to do anyway. Not everyone has either or so I don't blame you.

Thank god I don't have class on fridays.

I was actually talking about tomorrow, not Friday. I don't have classes on Friday either.

And there's really no way I can even do that, LunarEdge. I don't have a laptop or a smart phone.

Edited by Chooch

Looking forward to it! Has anyone else been watching the series called "Assist Me"? Its about a guy and his roommate (Doctor Doom) getting a copy of UMVC3 early and mastering the characters. Capcom actually gave Max the game early so he can do this. He's covered Strider, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider and Firebrand. Next week, Doctor Strange and Nemesis!

Yea, Assist Me is a pretty good series. I wouldn't say they "master" the characters... it's more like they give you a run down of each character, old or new. Pretty cool that Capcom gave them an early copy and I can see why... these videos help any noob player or anyone not particularly interested in fighters ease into them

I fucking love Maximilian's stuff, he's such an awesome guy and it's always amazing to listen to him go on about theory fighting, observations and game play information. The fact that he looks like Nick Cage just seals the deal. I didn't realize the second episode was up though, so thanks much for that.

Here's some Running Sets with Combo "Bionic Arm" fiend and Yipes with vanilla MvC3. Good stuff.

EDIT:

sethkillian Seth Killian

My advice to everyone waiting for new announcements: "Hold it!"

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!1

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!1

Oh my gosh, does this mean... we're getting a trailer for.... Jacques Portsman?

Here's some Running Sets with Combo "Bionic Arm" fiend and Yipes with vanilla MvC3. Good stuff.

I love these kind of videos but I can't stand the slapping of the arcade stick sometimes lol. Yipes so salty lol

Edited by LunarEdge

you ass lol

Edited by 504 YoshiUnity Time-Out
  • Thumbs Up 2

dat Wright's Hyper Combo with Maya.

inb4 Sexual Jokes

EDIT: DUDE. Was that the motherfucking Judge?

Insta-buy.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch