Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Week 2 of GameSpot's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Costume Breakdown is up. Ghost Rider and Strider Hiryu's colors are shown in it.

Strider has some absolutely fantastic ones. Ghost Rider? Not so much.

I'm LOVING that Blue costume on Strider. It's my favorite kind of blue. And the gold hair fits so perfectly.

This particular trophy/achievment could have been called.

*Complete mission mode with every character*

Since the you have a 20 mission leway... ... Jill and Shuma, the original DLC characters.

Edited by Chooch

Vergil looks to be just as I expected, a perfect Dante counterpart. Top tier material right there.

Iron Fist though, I love the looks of him. Something about the way he moves and hits just screams "awesome" to me.

FUCK!

I'm glad I didn't fight a Vergil THIS insane in DMC3....which probably isn't saying a lot considering how he was in that game.

I'm going to laugh if Mega Man turns out to be a Vita exclusive character.

I wouldn't doubt it if Capcom just made him DLC later down the road. It's kinda smart when you think about it, seeing how if offered as DLC people WILL buy it.

I sure hope Phoenix Wright is shown soon.

He'll probably be revealed tomorrow since Niitsuma said they would be revealing more characters than usual at TGS, and it'd make the most sense to reveal him in Japan where he has a massive audience.

I can already see it now, Vergil replacing Dante on everyone's team. Unless he lacks the sheer amount of moves + versatility of Dante, he looks pretty much like Dante but with Ouroboros and an extra Hyper. It really comes down to if Vergil is just as capable of extending combos as Dante, but even then, having those spinney swords can make for some ridiculous mixups with teleport and assists.

I'm loving Iron Fist's approach on more ground oriented combos.

I'll inevitable have to try out Vergil, but I'm not holding much hope for me to get the hang of him if he's anything like Dante. Iron Fist on the other hand looks like a character I can get behind.

He'll probably be revealed tomorrow.

I sure as swiss cheese hope so. I can't wait any longer to see him. If he's anything like

I'll be a happy little school girl.

He's.. a lot different from Dante already. Just looking at these early screenshots and gameplay videos.

And believe it or not the main reason I want to see Phoenix Wright is because he's paired up with Rocket Raccoon who is #1 on my hype list.

HECK, YEAH! DAN SOUTHWORTH! Vergil is going on my team just because he's the freakin' QUANTUM RANGER! :D

Iron Fist is looking pretty sick, too. Hoping that Phoenix Wright gets revealed soon. I can't wait to see how HE plays. :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed Pheonix last lol.

I suspect thats exactly what they're going to do. In fact I wouldn't be too suprised if they had some fun and put out a trailer that says something like "And now you know the entire roster!!!!" *pause* "OBJECTION!"

Did those images come from gaf by any chance?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's a leak from the XBL Marketplace, but yes, they were also posted on GAF.

Frankly I'd be incredibly surprised if Phoenix is revealed last. Marvel vs Capcom has never been a big franchise in Japan, and now with TGS going on, it's pretty clear that they'll be focusing on reveals that Japan would most likely hype the most out of, the first one being Vergil since DMC is a big brand in Japan. Niitsuma said at Gamescom that they'd be revealing more characters than usual at TGS so I assume that they'll be showing off the new pair tomorrow or on Sunday when Capcom have scheduled stage shows.

Not sure if I'll use Virgil much, even though his moves are on crack. I'm loving that Capcom went full in with his moveset. I'll give him a shot though.

However, Iron Fist. Daaaaaamn! Might as well call him Sensei Falcon! He's like a mix between Fei Long and Polimar! Both of which felt really good when I use them, even with standard controllers. I'll definitely give his moveset a shot..

Now where is Phoenix Wr--

15_xblleak04.jpg

WHAT IS THIS I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE UP THERE IN THE RIGHT CORNER

THE WAIT! IT HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTS!!! 8U

As much as I would like to see Nova and Frank West in action. Phoenix Wright and Rocket Raccoon are the Main Event for me. Hell, Mostly just Phoenix Wright!

phoenixwrightfighter.jpg

Manly tears... will be shed!

It is a shame that I can only pos rep this once. Not even kidding with that.

This is just more fuel for me to use Iron Fist... And to make Captain Falcon sound effects every time I attack with him.