Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

So then don't know how many others have spotted this, but in the resident evil stage we see lockers, a tyrant and in an ending we see

Nemesis

I've not spotted this guy whilst playing (too busy fighting) but whilst looking at the stage artwork, who did I spy just behind the tyrant? Dr William Birkin! Couldn't believe it, there he is in his RE2 monster form, during the RE stage he's also present, you can just make him out.

Edited by Hogfather

So then don't know how many others have spotted this, but in the resident evil stage we see lockers, a tyrant and in an ending we see

Nemesis

I've not spotted this guy whilst playing (too busy fighting) but whilst looking at the stage artwork, who did I spy just behind the tyrant? Dr William Birkin! Couldn't believe it, there he is in his RE2 monster form, during the RE stage he's also present, you can just make him out.

Wait a minute there..

I thought they were avoiding Nemesis from the start as they were worried he might jack up the age rating. It makes you wonder why they let Morrigan have the spotlight and have Nemesis say hello for 5 seconds or so with that logic.

Also... No love for Thor? D:

So an acquittance of mine wrote a review of the game on his Facebook and it's very... interesting. I copied/pasted it so you guys can give it a read. I'm pretty sure you'll find it as "amusing" as I did.

Lemme explain to the kids what everyone is in denial about... Marvel VS Capcom 3 is a bad game... it's not bad because I hate the series, as a whole I loved MVC2, but when you make a game that was originally on a learning curve that let anyone pick it up and have fun with it, to a learning curve that is so incredibly steep that if you play a ranked game your gonna get tossed around like a doll or be ok, it's not the same game. Problem 1: Balance Issues Yes, I know, the characters in most fighting games can be exploited right out of the gate, and are un-balanced to begin with, but the game took a nose dive when I saw long-range vs short range. If you play the game and try it, you'll notice a growing trend that long range shooting types usually dominate, mixed with a blaster or Morgana (her assist raises your special meter) you can usually dominate an enemy. Now in MvC2, they stopped this in a sense but better players could sometimes retain control with their range, what they did was made the characters be able to be more control oriented in the air (if you moved your joystick left or right in the air, there was no lag, as if physics didn't exist) but unfortunately in MvC3 the realistic sense of physics in the air causes HUGE disadvantages if you power jump, exactly what you need to do if you're being blasted repeatedly by any long range spam, and even chain you into an air combo that's extremely difficult to get out of. Problem 2: Skills are too easy!

Go to that link and skip to 2:29. Finished? Notice his health bar went down to less then 1/4th of his total health as a whole? Do you know a special can be chained after that one as well? did you know the button presses can all be done extremely easily on Simple mode? Do you also know in ranked games, you have no idea if your opponent chose simple or normal? Now you get the idea... combos are extremely easy and too rewarding, and as a whole really flashy but there is trully no way to get out of them once inside an air combo being bounced around like a rag doll. The extreme learning curve creates a paradox, where normal people who just wanna pick up the game and play for fun get annihilated by these people who are doing 50-70 hit air combos, where they are so used to just doing flashy fun special moves on MvC2 and don't know the logistics of the game. I say this from experience, I know how to do the air combos, I know how to play cheap in MvC3, but am I really proud of it? No, i'm ashamed because to stop my opponent I have to stop him from being able to hurt me by stringing a bunch of attacks together that the game has helped me with, it doesn't feel like I'm using any special skills other then knowing when to press light, medium, or hard button presses, or when to press down to foreward and punches. Problem 3: Respect to the gamer is thrown away I say this as a whole, but when I buy a game I want to have everything immediately, but if your going to make me work for my meal, it better be an awesome prize for the meal. MvC3 has 4 unlockable characters, 2 other characters that they decided they are going to make you wait a month for... No matter what. These characters if you didn't pay for the "special edition" (80 bucks) will cost you money. Why am I paying more money for a game I already spent 60 bucks on? 60 dollars isn't enough money for the development and creation of this game? You people are out of your fucking minds. I love the arguement of "Well they need to make their money" Your right, and Nintendo sold Nintendo games for 50 dollars, When you bought Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past, you didn't have to pay 4.50 to get out of Links Fathers house, you didn't need to pay a dollar to go into the castle, and it didn't cost you upwards of 20 more dollars to get to Ganon just to see theres another world, which will cost you another 10 dollars to play since it's an add-on. If you think spending all this money is ok, then your rich, or your mothers and fathers are paying for the game for you, because when you get into the real world, nickels and dimes add up. That is my reconnaisance of MvC3, I know I'll get a lot of flame for it, but read it and seeing my points, it's all truth. Ted aka thetedster Like · · Share

So an acquittance of mine wrote a review of the game on his Facebook and it's very... interesting. I copied/pasted it so you guys can give it a read. I'm pretty sure you'll find it as "amusing" as I did.

Tl;dr complaining about playing the game properly and butthurt about DLC.

Also, I like how he says MvC3 had the STEEPER learning curve compared to MvC2.

Edited by Black Spy

you'll notice a growing trend that long range shooting types usually dominate, mixed with a blaster or Morgana (her assist raises your special meter) you can usually dominate an enemy. Now in MvC2, they stopped this in a sense but better players could sometimes retain control with their range,
bwahahaha get the fuck outta here! this guy clearly never played much mvc2 lol.

I love the rose tinted glasses scrubs have for mvc2, it was a brutal, often unfair, game. that some sort of balanced spam free paradise that people are making it out to be.

I don't argue with beam tastic characters being hard to get around (MODOK) but it's just lol

Who the hell is Morgana? Anyway, I'm going to parrot everyone else and say that this guy clearly never played MvC 2.

(And yes, I know he meant Morrigan. Getting the names wrong doesn't help his case either.)

Disliking Marvel 3 is perfectly justifiable considering how unbelievably easy it is to play, how laughably broken it is, and how stupid X-Factor is in its current form.

The problem is that person didn't really bring up any of those glaring issues or elaborate on them in a way that makes sense which just makes them look like an idiot.

Edited by Chooch

To be honest I still don't see at where one sets the standards for broken, if anyone speaks in terms of balance. I haven't seen one character yet that outright shits on everyone, Sagat in Vanilla SF4 style. Most issues I witness comes down to your average ordinary gameplay complacent syndrome. Even the Sent drama has died down quite a bit now that alot of people have easier times handling him.

Of course if one speaks of broken in terms of how ridiculous moves and techniques can be then yeah I'd totally agree with that, and being accessible, totally. BnBs are incredibly easy in this game. Some of the pros characters can have are ridiculous, although usually this just makes the cons all the more excessive (see: Phoenix). I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops, it's literally a game about turnabouts and strategy, and depending on how you approach a character it makes all the difference. Keeps you on the edge at all times.

Definitely looking forward to EVO.

Anyway time for something completely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXItZLZloo

Edited by Carbo

LOL

LOL

LOOL.

Ok seriously? DLC is nothing new. This guy is over reacting. :( The vid is funny tho. And btw the more I hear about this, the more it's lowering my hype. I talked to a sales rep today at gamestop who said if I like improving my skill don't buy this. whatever. People are that scared of mashers? Skill will always top mashers anyday. but I dunno. I don't have this yet and see no reason not to get it. So Thurs. I'll have my copy.. and ready to take people for rides. With my WIFE. X-23.. I LOVE YOU!!

Anyway time for something completely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXItZLZloo

Mediocrity because we don't have all the characters yet? Wut?

And seeing as how the characters have to be modeled in 3D as opposed to sprites, doesn't that in itself justify them taking longer and releasing characters for DLC? That and there's likely to be more that they probably haven't even started working on yet...or not, I'm not psychic.

Seriously, I'm no economics expert, but considering how DLC can very well help a companies funds for new games in the future, it makes a lot of sense and sounds like a perfectly good idea. And we would've paid more to get Jill and Shuma if we pre-ordered the special edition if I remember correctly, so that's kinda moot point.

Aw well...

And seeing as how the characters have to be modeled in 3D as opposed to sprites, doesn't that in itself justify them taking longer and releasing characters for DLC? That and there's likely to be more that they probably haven't even started working on yet...or not, I'm not psychic.

Technically sprites ala KOF13 and Blazblue take way longer

Don't mind what you read/hear. Do what you feel you want to do. You want the game? Then get it and try it by yourself

I'll get it. I just find it funny that alot of people are complaining already. :( It's quite sad actually... but people will always complain. I never let it turn me... otherwise I wouldn't be a sonic fan. so thurs I'll have my MVC3. One..... More............Day......................... =D

Finding some good use with the snap back. A bit of practice helps get the move down and without too many problems, although you'll occasionally switch out characters yourself if you hold on to the switch button.

Now to test it on my friend.

Technically sprites ala KOF13 and Blazblue take way longer

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I would imagine sprites would take longer... don't they have to animate every motion and etc? While in 3D they just make the model and manipulate it for movement?

I would imagine sprites would take longer... don't they have to animate every motion and etc?

They do them in frames last I checked.

Either way it goes, the rant where I brought all this up just completely loses it.

They do them in frames last I checked.

Either way it goes, the rant where I brought all this up just completely loses it.

thats what I meant, sorry bout the confusion.

Also the video of the guy ranting... was that serious or just a joke? I can't tell... really O.O

thats what I meant, sorry bout the confusion.

Also the video of the guy ranting... was that serious or just a joke? I can't tell... really O.O

How are people finding the missions? I've done 200 so far just using the ps3 pad (mainly the d-pad) but I think I'll have to get out the fight stick for some of them.

I finally got the game, and so far I don't see it as broken. Tho to be honest..... I'm only playing the arcade mode right now, As I'm trying to get my basics down. And yes, I'm playing on normal.. not easy mode. and .. yeah... It's quite a jump from Street fighter honestly. I'll be playing online tormorrow so hit me up. The damage is pretty high even on low tho. But other than that... I LOVE X-23. Tron is abit hard to get used too, and so is Deadpool and Trish. T.T In other words... I SUCK right now. lol

I can't beat the last boss. That finger and his supers. Help.

Edited by lamontraccoon