Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

That tournament was a nice watch. Although it saddens me to see that people are still concentrated on using Sent/Storm/Mag again but w/e I guess. Was here hoping J.Wong would have lost since he was bitching about the game constantly.

First patch of DLC will be available earlier today with the Shadow Mode and the costumes for Ryu, Dante, Chris, Thor, Capt. America and Iron man.

Also, anyone else have friends or know someone (be it close or not) that keep calling this game cheap or broken? The game JUST came out give it some time GAWD!

First patch of DLC will be available earlier today with the Shadow Mode and the costumes for Ryu, Dante, Chris, Thor, Capt. America and Iron man.

Also, anyone else have friends or know someone (be it close or not) that keep calling this game cheap or broken? The game JUST came out give it some time GAWD!

lol EVERYONE I beat says this. Mostly because they thought it'll be a free win against me, none of them can touch me in Street Fighter so MVC3 was their last hope. XD

lol EVERYONE I beat says this. Mostly because they thought it'll be a free win against me, none of them can touch me in Street Fighter so MVC3 was their last hope. XD

Maybe is one of those cases of "I can't win, so the game must be broken BAWWW"

I can win. I know the game. I know a lot of the characters. I still say it's broken.

This doesn't necessarily discredit the fact that the game is still fun to play, but yeah..

Edited by Chooch

I can win. I know the game. I know a lot of the characters. I still say it's broken.

This doesn't necessarily discredit the fact that the game is still fun to play, but yeah..

I play this game a good amount of time each day and I win on ranked and etc. and I don't find it cheap/broken at all. Yea combo execution is a lot easier but so was it in TvC

Fight breaks out in this East Coast Winter Brawl in PA

Edited by LunarEdge

My post was in response to the idea that people who complain about the game and think its broken are no good at it.

It's a dumb argument and I'm tired of people trying to use it.

So anyone else tried Shadow mode yet? Anyone else think it was a bit pointless and amazingly easy?

I just don't understand why they made such a big deal over it, it's no different than playing an easy, medium or hard computer opponent.

Shadow mode is a joke if you ask me. They're probably gonna try to get us back into it by having Justin Wong or Marn available. I wouldn't pay for it though

Ok so I just got the game yesterday and after a few hours of playing some Mission Mode and getting stuck on a combo, all I really know is this:

For anyone using a PS3 controller, what is the optimal position for your left thumb on the D-pad? I hold the joint of my thumb on the D-pad as it's the only way to reliable perform certain motions, but after one day of grinding my joint against the D-pad it's really starting to hurt when I press it.

Half my trouble with performing well in the game is from not being able to properly execute the correct motions fast enough and accurately.

Ok so I just got the game yesterday and after a few hours of playing some Mission Mode and getting stuck on a combo, all I really know is this:

For anyone using a PS3 controller, what is the optimal position for your left thumb on the D-pad? I hold the joint of my thumb on the D-pad as it's the only way to reliable perform certain motions, but after one day of grinding my joint against the D-pad it's really starting to hurt when I press it.

Half my trouble with performing well in the game is from not being able to properly execute the correct motions fast enough and accurately.

Oh you will do, it takes a bit of learning but you'll get used to it.

The way mission mode works is that the combos are very similar, you'll see a lot of this as you play S, M, M, H, S. Typically all combos have a very similar setup, the only varient is that characters special move, so once you complete 1 mission, you'll find you'll be improved at another.

Edited by Chooch

Funnily enough I despise doing fireballs on the D-Pad so I alternate between the pad and stick, yet dragon punches I always do on the pad.

I finally got my own copy of the game for PS3, so if anyone wants to have to matches with me just message me on PSN.

I'd be happy to.

Funnily enough I despise doing fireballs on the D-Pad so I alternate between the pad and stick, yet dragon punches I always do on the pad.

I for some reason hate playing fighting games on the stick because I always go slightly too far in the position of the stick and screw up whatever move I was going for.

I go with the pad all the way...okay, mostly.

Stick all the way for me, I mean I can play on the pad but everything is so much easier on the stick.

Provided we're talking about one of these

HsCad.jpg

If we mean the analog stick, I never use it *_*

Stick all the way for me, I mean I can play on the pad but everything is so much easier on the stick.

Provided we're talking about one of these

HsCad.jpg

If we mean the analog stick, I never use it *_*

Man, I could certainly go for one of those...unfortunately, I need to make room for things here at the university, so I'm gonna have to go with a fightpad as a substitute.

yeah hahaha the fightsticks are massive and not exactly small uni room friendly.

sooo goood thoguh

I don't have money for a stick. By that I mean I don't have money for the stick and the additional amount of money required to mod it and put custom artwork on it.

I honestly refuse to put down the money for an arcade stick until I can mod it immediately afterward. Granted, I do well enough on pad that I'm not really at a disadvantage at all. Hell, I'd say I'm better than a good amount of stick players on a pad.

Edited by Chooch

Remy's Arcade stick is pretty kool, ( that sounds WRONG ) but I'm still on pad.. thanks to low income and school cost. =O I'll be getting a stick tho, I hear they work wonders for links in SSFIV. T.T OH BTW Shadow mode is a joke. Good thing it was free...........................

Currently at 310 missions done, most of that was with a normal ps3 pad, I have used my mad catz tournament edition stick for some of them, however I think now I could have done them with the pad now that I'm a lot better at the missions.

Not sure if I can bring myself to do another 10 though, I think I'll wait for the DLC and get the missing 10 that way, then MVC3 shall be complete... Yay.

Oh by the way... You know what's a fun game? Getting really good with some characters, then loading up a fresh PSN account and then going online as a beginner! Also if you dong have 5 wins you can use this trick to get your 5 wins in a row trophy. Copy your save to a USB, the load up. You'll be a beginner, but you'll have the ability of whatever you currently are... Muhahaha! They'll never know what hit them!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh by the way... You know what's a fun game? Getting really good with some characters, then loading up a fresh PSN account and then going online as a beginner! Also if you dong have 5 wins you can use this trick to get your 5 wins in a row trophy. Copy your save to a USB, the load up. You'll be a beginner, but you'll have the ability of whatever you currently are... Muhahaha! They'll never know what hit them!

Aaaaaaah, the joys of smurfing.

So I've had the game for about a week. It's hella fun, and currently I hope cover some more ground online with Super Skrull, Trish and Doctor Doom. Sadly my record only stands at about 45% after 23 games, but I can assume that will improve in time when I can actually play the game properly.

Edited by Wyde